Sign in to follow this  
pete

Stiepermann

I have just watched 30 minutes of Match Choice on SSN of West Ham game.  Marco got two mentions one when team announced and again when substituted.  Not for the first time this season has been a no show.  Emi also devoid of attention other than assist for West Ham's second.  Todd impressed but missed a sitter and had a decisive hand in the West Ham goal.  The midfield in yesterdays game gave no creativity and little assistance to a defence which struggled.  Changes needs to be made and Mario needs to be shoehorned in replacing Marco to give impetus to the midfield.

A possibility until we get more fit CB's is to play 3 at the back with Byram the only defender with PL experience alongside Godfrey and Amodou with Aarons and Lewis as wing backs to give the width necessary, which will give the FB's some respite who seem to be visibly wilting and making mistakes in the PL.  With one defensive midfielder probably Leitner with Mario further forward as an attacking midfielder.    

9 minutes ago, pete said:

I have just watched 30 minutes of Match Choice on SSN of West Ham game.  Marco got two mentions one when team announced and again when substituted.  Not for the first time this season has been a no show.  Emi also devoid of attention other than assist for West Ham's second.  Todd impressed but missed a sitter and had a decisive hand in the West Ham goal.  The midfield in yesterdays game gave no creativity and little assistance to a defence which struggled.  Changes needs to be made and Mario needs to be shoehorned in replacing Marco to give impetus to the midfield.

A possibility until we get more fit CB's is to play 3 at the back with Byram the only defender with PL experience alongside Godfrey and Amodou with Aarons and Lewis as wing backs to give the width necessary, which will give the FB's some respite who seem to be visibly wilting and making mistakes in the PL.  With one defensive midfielder probably Leitner with Mario further forward as an attacking midfielder.    

Leitner???..........defensive midfielder??????????........................ that's some serious sh*t you're smoking!

To be fair, he’s not been at his best, mor has Buendia, we need both to hit the form of last year and we might start picking up points.

We do need a solid base, hopefully we’ll see Amadou in the holding role, this might help the defence.

We have been unlucky with Onel, Klose & Zimbo possibly out long term that’s three very big players for us, it reduces options for Farke.

1 hour ago, king canary said:

He's been a bit lost this season- not really supporting Pukki but also not hugely helping out the midfield. 

Funny, I thought that yesterday  he bust a gut to be both up top trying to  disrupt things for them and to try to hold on to things for us  as well a lot of defensive  work.   But Looks  like a guy playing at max effort only to just fall short of the standard required . Maybe it amounts to the same thing, and we've come to the same conclusion  by different  means. This season will really test our players  abilities,  some may prove not sufficient  for this level,  but I'm sure others will shine.  Still enjoying it though.  

• Like 1

I think he was probably the least bad of our front four yesterday. I'd still keep him in the team (for now) based on his work rate and what he contributes to the team. He may not have huge amounts of technical skill by Premier League standards but his physical presence is underrated.

Bryam, Amadou, Godfrey not a terrible shout though. Bryam comfortable getting pulled out to the right full back position when Aarons gets forward/caught out of position. Allows Amadou or Godfrey to bring the ball out of defence or  close down as well.

Given how little he has offered so far I would be tempted to put Cantwell in the centre and bring Roberts in, but something is clearly amiss with the latter. 

I suspect that if Onel was fit, Cantwell in the centre would have been tried already but bad luck has prevented that. 

4 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Funny, I thought that yesterday  he bust a gut to be both up top trying to  disrupt things for them and to try to hold on to things for us  as well a lot of defensive  work.   But Looks  like a guy playing at max effort only to just fall short of the standard required . Maybe it amounts to the same thing, and we've come to the same conclusion  by different  means. This season will really test our players  abilities,  some may prove not sufficient  for this level,  but I'm sure others will shine.  Still enjoying it though.  

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he didn't work hard. Just he never really seemed to find his groove.

• Like 1

He may work hard, but when he’s the player behind the striker and he’s giving it away 9 times out of 10, he’s not much use. I hope he can improve because I rate him; although he can go from flashes of genius to complete rubbish within seconds.

5 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

This is a good assessment Corko. I wouldn't be surprised to see Drmic played there when he's up to fitness; Farke clearly prefers a more robust and physical 10, rather than a tricky and technical one. He actually started last season playing Pukki just behind Rhodes if you remember! 

8 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

This is a good assessment Corko. I wouldn't be surprised to see Drmic played there when he's up to fitness; Farke clearly prefers a more robust and physical 10, rather than a tricky and technical one. He actually started last season playing Pukki just behind Rhodes if you remember! 

I've been thinking exactly the same thing. An experienced quality player could do a job in that position, but needs games.

I would say Marco is a valuable asset when defending corners but I'm not sure that's enough to justify a place in the team. We are a very short team though!

Personally I would drop Buendia and move Cantwell to that position, and bring in Vrancic. This will have a few people in a lather, but I would also 'rest' Max. He hasn't started the season well imo and Byram is decent going forward also.