Sign in to follow this  
sheded

Gren v Ward

This might be the opportune time  to assess  Ward   , he looked very sharp   in the short time he was on yesterday !    if  he turns out to be better than Greeno  I hope Nigel recognises this , and keeps him on .

I haven`t been too impressed with Greeno  for the last 18 months [ nor has any potential buyers ! ]     he makes far to many  " mistakes "   for my liking , I figure that if he had performed like the England class keeper  he was supposed to be   , we would still be in the prem  !!    because  we were actually  only a goal or two away from safety   .......

Think about it ,  Greeno  has been the , ever present , keeper ,  all through  the debacle of our premier season , in which he shpped in a record number of goals  !   to my mind , this must have  caused  some demoralisation among the team  , and contributed greatly to relegation  This season  ?   STILL making daft  " errors " !     the bleeding tealady  could have stopped that second goal !

Mrs. Gren - the acronym for the 7 signs of a "living" organism.M - ovementR - espirationS - ensitivityG - rowthR - eproductionE - xcretionN - utritionSeriously though. Half of what you say is bollocks. True, Greeno has not been his best over the past 18 months, but he has been demoralised by the poor defence in front of him for the most part of that time and not the other way around... And his stats for the prem suggested that he made a hell of a lot of saves - even as a percentage of shots - it was just the sheer number that he had to deal with that let him down.Of course, give Ward a go, it doesn''t look like there''s a choice, but unless he makes a dramatic difference, the No.1 jersey should pretty much be Green''s by right when he recovers.Also, perhaps the tealady would have stopped the goal, but I fear Andy Marshall wouldn''t have done.

Don`t know where you got the " mrs " from Ark  ?, and the " gren"  was an obvious typo ... still , if you want to go all  pedantic on me  ...LOL

Just my opinion , but Greeno has no God given  right to be an automatic  ist choice keeper !   his England credentials are in tatters ,   he DOES  let in some really silly goals  on a regular basis ,  and , in your own words , he`s " not been  his best over 18 months "    ... [ thats a season and half for crisakes !  ]   ,    as for  the excuse that the record  number of let-in s  last season  was mainly due to   the poor defence  .....   might I remind you that he`s also  a vital part of the defence ?   that means  he has the advantage over other players  in that he can actually   handle a ball in the box ,   a distinct advantage  that !!    pity Greeno  seems to prefer to stay on his line ,  rather than come out for the crosses  ....  [6]

Ward should be given a chance to prove himself ,  IMO  he can`t do any worse than Greeno !

Sorry, reading it back I was a bit personal with that response. To be

honest, you''re not a million miles from the truth, but I haven''t the

slightest doubt that Greeno has suffered as a result of the

inconsistent and generally poor line-ups in front of him, and has generally been the strongest link in the defence over the past

season and a half. But he''ll probably benefit from a little while on

the sidelines, which of course means Ward will get a chance to show what he can do.And I wasn''t saying that Green''s place is automatic... just that he has done enough to get his place back unless we see a major change in defensive fortunes.