Rhino1

Cheer up you miserable bunch of whiners!!!!

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

I think people should ignore your ridiculous put down of someone who has a valid opinion about where we might finish this season. It is perfectly possible to finish top ten or above if things go well over the course of the whole season. Not saying we will, I'm not saying we won't, but it is a perfectly reasonable position to take.

What exactly is your opinon?

So far we've got anywhere ranging from 3rd to relegated?

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Yeah but flags and visual displays will balance that out so i just read. 😋

I suppose we should be grateful it took four games before you had a pop at along come nodge 😋

Liverpool was a free hit, apparently so was Chelsea, but look what Sheff Utd did yesterday.

Newcastle was almost an early season must win (bearing in mind we had Liverpool, Chealsea, West Ham (A) then Man City) we took advantage of their current situation and did well.

West Ham was our first acid test, we failed it miserably, with no positives to come away with.

I'm not negative at all but I think after 4 games a few lessons and realities have been noticed. Marco and Emi so far have not stepped up. Cantwell I'm open minded about. We have other options there in midfield. We are a bit too open at the back as well so we need to tighten up.

I did wonder if all the praise we've given our starlets has perhaps led them to believe they were seasoned PL players. WHU performance should of burst a few bubbles!

7 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

What exactly is your opinon?

So far we've got anywhere ranging from 3rd to relegated?

For me anything is possible. I don't understand the mentality of the doomsday predictions and my reactions are usually against those who show certainty about things.   To answer your question then, I don't have an opinion, I like to be uncertain because in football the only thing that is certain is uncertainty - and we might as well accept that uncertainty and enjoy it, rather than make predictions of defeat and relegation.  Where is the fun in following your football team if you think we're going to be beaten all the time?

I certainly don't think we are going to win every match, but deep down I know that every match is there to be won. That for me is where the enjoyment is...the not knowing is delicious and makes victories all the more satisfying.  I do believe that there are some people who are actually satisfied when we lose a match because that is what they expected would happen....hence the pre-match nonsense that I've seen written by several people that it's ok if we lose to Man City......I really wonder what some people follow football for............

1 hour ago, Yellow Fever said:

I'm not negative at all but I think after 4 games a few lessons and realities have been noticed. Marco and Emi so far have not stepped up. Cantwell I'm open minded about. We have other options there in midfield. We are a bit too open at the back as well so we need to tighten up.

I did wonder if all the praise we've given our starlets has perhaps led them to believe they were seasoned PL players. WHU performance should of burst a few bubbles!

Yeah, that's pretty much where I'm at. I'm generally pretty positive, but having been at the match yesterday there were definitely concerns to consider. Let's not start polarising between Percy Positives and Nancy Negatives. It's fine to notice and discuss weaknesses and vulnerabilities, just as it is to big the players up where they perform well. Because of the league we're in, it will be much easier to spot the weaknesses; just discussing them doesn't imply a disloyalty to the club, the manager or the players.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lake district canary said:

I think people should ignore your ridiculous put down of someone who has a valid opinion

I would have thought that the majority of the posts on here are made by "someone who has a "valid opinion"

Experience tells me that it's only when someones valid opinion differs completely from somebody elses valid opinion that people tend to fall out.

Anyway, I'm sure that somewhere there must be a statistical mathmatical formlua that calculates how many negative valid opinions gets us relegated and how many positive valid opinions gets us into the top 10.

2 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

I would have thought that the majority of the posts on here are made by "someone who has a "valid opinion"

Experience tells me that it's only when someones valid opinion differs completely from somebody elses valid opinion that people tend to fall out.

Anyway, I'm sure that somewhere there must be a statistical mathmatical formlua that calculates how many negative valid opinions gets us relegated and how many positive valid opinions gets us into the top 10.

Don't bring statistics into this, you'll upset Bill.

Yesterday was disappointing. We didn't even manage to show much of the 'Farkeball' style that we are becoming re-known for and even 'hotshot' Pukki was hardly given a look in.

Another revelation of the new season (along with Lewis and Krul, imo) young Todd Cantwell seemed to be getting ahead of himself and nothing more exemplified the fact  that the praise heaped upon him this season might have already gone to his head somewhat than that ridiculous back pass that caused the Hammer's number two goal and virtually sealed City's fate.

TC started well, with quite a few bright moments and there was an element of bad luck about that header, but I sensed a bit of showboating ( perhaps too strong a word so substitute over-cleverness if you wish) as the game progressed, with a lot of wasted  possession.

All, from Farke himself through to young Todd, are on  a learning curve and yesterday's gradient became steeper by the minute. The manger is a quick learner, let's hope this rubs off on to his players, particularly the younger ones. Emi seemed lost at times and little  came off for him on the day. Somebody has suggested a lack of confidence thus far, but I had always assumed him to be full of that particular commodity.

We'll get better. Yesterday will have been a good lesson and we'll have a more complete squad after the international break.

I liked what I saw of Amadou, his size, his composure and his attempt at awareness of the difficult situation he was put in.

Edited by BroadstairsR

40 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Another revelation of the new season (along with Lewis and Krul, imo) young Todd Cantwell seemed to be getting ahead of himself and nothing more exemplified the fact  that the praise heaped upon him this season might have already gone to his head somewhat than that ridiculous back pass that caused the Hammer's number two goal and virtually sealed City's fate

So you think that Todd has suddenly become a big time Charlie and that’s what caused a misplaced pass ? What’s your excuse for all the poor passes from all the other players ?

"Big time Charlie" eh? Another label that conveniently over-emphasises the point I made 

That back pass was ridiculous and "exemplified" a lack of good sense and caution that needs stamping out if we are to get anything out of these fixtures. We might well have done at just one goal adrift.

Others were guilty at times, but it was Cantwell who I was actually making reference to on that particular occasion and because of that particular moment.

Young Todd might well be the golden boy among us City fans at the moment, but I would hope that Daniel Farke gave him a good dressing down about that back pass in the privacy of the dressing room.

Edited by BroadstairsR

I don’t know why you’re specifically having a go at Cantwell, a number of players made misplaced passes yesterday but his was ridiculous and he needs a dressing down ? I think you’re over reacting. 

1 minute ago, FenwayFrank said:

I don’t know why you’re specifically having a go at Cantwell, a number of players made misplaced passes yesterday but his was ridiculous and he needs a dressing down ? I think you’re over reacting. 

Apart from Tim and Agadoo most could probably have benefitted from a dressing-down yesterday.

• Like 1

FF.

I wasn't, in fact I was generally praiseworthy (calling him one of the season's "revelations") and adding:

"All, from Farke himself through to young Todd, are on  a learning curve and yesterday's gradient became steeper by the minute. The manger is a quick learner, let's hope this rubs off on to his players, particularly the younger ones. for a start."

However, as this is the PinkUn suggesting a youngster "seemed to be getting ahead of himself" equates to calling him a "Big time Charlie" is the norm I suppose.

Oh well!

That back pass effectively sealed our fate in what was a hard-working, if under par performance. No over-reacting there, imo. No singling Todd out, just that moment of madness.

It's the Premier League. Such loose play is punished.They will learn.

Edited by BroadstairsR

I think that Cantwell comment is ridiculous too. Even his critics, of which there are many on here, would surely recognise that he's been the best of the three behind Pukki this season.

He got his goal, because he is brave enough to go get himself deep into the penalty box. Made another great run on Saturday but got a bit under the ball and the chance went. He was criticised a bit for that but if he'd "played safe" there would have been no criticism for not being up there.

Anyway, I noticed Drmic (sp?) also make those runs and he nearly scored at the end so I wonder if Cantwell could move to 10 and Drmic on the left or a leave Todd where he is and play Drmic 10? Or would Stiepermanns physicality be missed too much. 

I think we should persevere with Emi and hope he can quickly play himself into form.

"I think we should persevere with Emi and hope he can quickly play himself into form"

So do I, I dont think dropping him will go well atm. 

7 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Couldn't have put it better.  I still think we can reach the top ten or higher, but it was always going to be a hard slog and no easy matches.  To achieve what we want, it is going to be a tough old season, but that is the challenge and we have to enjoy that challenge.

What have you been smoking?

What you had yesterday was many fans watching an away game on a live stream at the same as posting on the Pinkun. That's going to happen every City away match as the EPL games are so easy to find, so get used to it. Frustration quickly became part of the Pinkun conversation as the players delivered a lacklustre performance, with very few stepping up to plate.

This is an internet forum so people are free to voice their opinions and to be fair the comments arising during the match were very realistic and after all we were all watching the same game at the same time. As always on the Pinkun as soon as someone has a differing opinion they are shot down. If the players are silly enough to get drawn into social media and allow it to affect their performances then perhaps professional football isn't the job for them.

In terms of City's start it's a case of must do better.  A decent start against Liverpool and Newcastle. Good for the 1st half against Chelsea, but rubbish in our last 2 games. A long way to go and we are more than capable of avoiding relegation so long as we learn from our mistakes and improve. I don't want the situation where we had that humiliating season under Alex Neil and **** away a fantastic opportunity for the club. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lake district canary said:

I think people should ignore your ridiculous put down of someone who has a valid opinion about where we might finish this season. It is perfectly possible to finish top ten or above if things go well over the course of the whole season. Not saying we will, I'm not saying we won't, but it is a perfectly reasonable position to take.

We defend pretty poorly and hand many of the oppositions’ goals to them on a plate. We were like this last season but our glut of goals meant it was less than an issue. If you can’t get the basics of defending right it’ll be a struggle to win football matches; especially against the better strikers in this division. Thinking we are a bottom ten team is built on realism and understanding of where we are at. Not silly or pessimistic. Indeed, you are basing your opinion on nothing but blind hope and the fact you live in la la land permanently wearing green and yellow spectacles.

28 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

What you had yesterday was many fans watching an away game on a live stream at the same as posting on the Pinkun. That's going to happen every City away match as the EPL games are so easy to find, so get used to it. Frustration quickly became part of the Pinkun conversation as the players delivered a lacklustre performance, with very few stepping up to plate.

This is an internet forum so people are free to voice their opinions and to be fair the comments arising during the match were very realistic and after all we were all watching the same game at the same time. As always on the Pinkun as soon as someone has a differing opinion they are shot down. If the players are silly enough to get drawn into social media and allow it to affect their performances then perhaps professional football isn't the job for them.

In terms of City's start it's a case of must do better.  A decent start against Liverpool and Newcastle. Good for the 1st half against Chelsea, but rubbish in our last 2 games. A long way to go and we are more than capable of avoiding relegation so long as we learn from our mistakes and improve. I don't want the situation where we had that humiliating season under Alex Neil and **** away a fantastic opportunity for the club. 

I don't know about that, I think 90% of us are in that middle ground where we're happy to discuss things fairly. There will always be people who are ridiculously positive or ridiculously negative, but I think the forum's actually striking a pretty good balance at the moment. Match threads are always going to be a bit aggy because emotions are raw and people are more instantaneous with their posting.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I don't know about that, I think 90% of us are in that middle ground where we're happy to discuss things fairly. There will always be people who are ridiculously positive or ridiculously negative, but I think the forum's actually striking a pretty good balance at the moment. Match threads are always going to be a bit aggy because emotions are raw and people are more instantaneous with their posting.

Most of us are reasonable people and able to see both sides of an argument. A critique of a game and discussion is absolutely what we are here for, people running an agenda about a particular player etc is I suspect what most people object to.

Gees! We beat a very poor Newcastle 3-1, following week a decent Newcastle turn up and beat Spurs away. It's football. We'll probably spank Man City in response. 

24 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

Thinking we are a bottom ten team is built on realism and understanding of where we are at. Not silly or pessimistic. Indeed, you are basing your opinion on nothing but blind hope and the fact you live in la la land permanently wearing green and yellow spectacles.

People still don't get it  I am neither overly optimistic nor pessimistic - nor is it "green and yellow spectacles"  - I simply don't believe anyone can say with any certainty how football matches will go.    I can understand people's concerns, I understand the position we are in as a club, but I also know the calibre of some of our players and manager and how they could react and improve as the season goes on.

The season is four games old - and its the same people as last season writing us off after a few games.....and look how that turned out......

23 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

- and its the same people as last season writing us off after a few games.....

C'mon Lakey, name 'em and shame 'em.......😀

Edited by lappinitup

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

I agree generally but there is always a thread like this after a loss criticising people for being whingers when in fact most are just critiquing what they see. There is a small but loud subsection here who I think would ideally just have posts of 'oh well, we'll get better next week I'm sure' after a loss and who class any discussion of performance as being negative and scapegoating. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

But you're doing exactly the same to them Kingo. 🙃

No I'm not. I'm not telling people not to express their opinion on the game or performances no matter how different it may be. It's the purpose of a discussion forum.

If I'd have posted after the Newcastle game telling people being positive to shut up as it's just one game you might have a point...