Rhino1

Cheer up you miserable bunch of whiners!!!!

Every where you look negative city fans, GET A GRIP!!!! No disgrace in first 3 games!!! Yes at West Ham we looked second rate, a poor performance they happen!!! Far too many city fans believed we would sweep in on a cloud and hit top 10. Get real, this season is going to be a hard slog, every point hard fought, we know that. We are likely to be bottom at the end of September given the fixture list!! But lose heart, as many are doing on the posts today and yesterday, we will be relegated by Christmas!!! Wake up smell the coffee and metaphorically roll up the sleeves and get behind the boys!!! 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Couldn't have put it better.  I still think we can reach the top ten or higher, but it was always going to be a hard slog and no easy matches.  To achieve what we want, it is going to be a tough old season, but that is the challenge and we have to enjoy that challenge.

I mean ignore Lakeys ridiculous comments about finishing higher than top 10 because they're just as silly as those saying we're guaranteed to finish bottom.

But generally I agree with your points.

True.

I think its more born out of frustration though. Losing Klose and Hernandez to injuries has been a massive blow, with Zim too. I Think supporters feel we're not quite able to give a full account of ourselves currently. Pundits are already turning to criticise us, without appreciating the key early injuries we've sustained. That's incredibly irritating. 

Perhaps we need a reality check. We probably are a top end championship club, so perhaps treat this season as a free hit, enjoy it, and see where we end up? Lets continue our fantastic home support with all the flags and visual displays, and continue to draw plaudits that way. Ultimately, the future is still very bright. As long as Webber and Farke are committed long term then I think we'll reap more rewards in the next few seasons. We spent a lot of the last transfer window preparing for just that. 

OTBC. 

• Like 5

And another thing - even if we didn’t get another point, got tanked 5 - 0 every week ( I don’t personally think that will happen), it was still worth it. To have last season one of the best, most exciting I have witnessed in nearly 50yrs of going to Carrow road. (When all I expected was mid-table mediocrity ) It’s a big step up !! The young lads are only now seeing how big, it will take the likes of Max (let’s not forget he is still a kid!!) time to learn and grow!!! Swallowed a positive pill this morning!!! 

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Rhino1 said:

Every where you look negative city fans, GET A GRIP!!!! No disgrace in first 3 games!!! Yes at West Ham we looked second rate, a poor performance they happen!!! Far too many city fans believed we would sweep in on a cloud and hit top 10. Get real, this season is going to be a hard slog, every point hard fought, we know that. We are likely to be bottom at the end of September given the fixture list!! But lose heart, as many are doing on the posts today and yesterday, we will be relegated by Christmas!!! Wake up smell the coffee and metaphorically roll up the sleeves and get behind the boys!!! 

Why will fans posting on a message board have the team relegated by Christmas?? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JF said:

Why will fans posting on a message board have the team relegated by Christmas?? 

Yeah but flags and visual displays will balance that out so i just read. 😋

• Like 1

It’s noticeable that we have had a tough start given the teams played, but I haven’t seen anything really negative other than frustration as mentioned of possible long term injuries to Klose & Zimbo.

The performances have been very good given the teams we have played.

Man City will be special and no doubt we will get a good footballing lesson, but established big spending Premiership teams have been given a footballing lesson by City! 

Its going to be tough, but I hope we do strengthen in January at the back, but no complaints about the level of performance, been good to watch, we will gain points and hopefully enough to stay up.

23 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Yeah but flags and visual displays will balance that out so i just read. 😋

You see this nonsense spouted around time and time again on here! This belief that anything posted on here has bearing on what happens on the pitch, it’s ridiculous. As long as the match day crowd are fully behind the team, which they are, it matters not a bit what’s posted on here

edit: it’s not your post I’m calling nonsense by the way

Edited by JF

JF - don’t think the players don’t read these message boards!! Of course they do - !!! Negative , unrealistic expectations and constant whinging cannot help. We can’t do much apart from cheer, support in numbers and remain realistic - this year we need to give 100% on and off pitch and just see where it takes us. Don’t take “relegated by Christmas” as literal, just emphasis!! ( I personally don’t believe we will be relegated at all, but if we are so be it) 

Yes Rhino, I’m sure our young foreign players are spending their downtime reading the pink un forum...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Rhino1 said:

And by the JF - I think you are binner!!!

4 minutes ago, Rhino1 said:

And by the JF - I think you are binner!!!

I couldn’t give a flying **** what you think tbh

Bit close to the mark???? By the way winters coming ...... time for fair weather supporters to pack up their scarfs and sod off!!! 

Most on here all played football at certain levels and we all played for a team who had that one player who when picked you thought oh ****e! I’m pretty sure that’s true for all pro teams too!

This is a forum we debate players performances, the press do, they are critical of performances, the manager and coaches will too be critical and work with players on performances......I’m sure players aren’t going to be too bothered about this forum, as long as they get the backing at the grounds they will do their job.

Now now Rhino, think of the team, this squabbling will see us lose against Man City if we’re not careful, can you take all that responsibility on your shoulders? I’m not sure I can 

JF do explore your non-cynical , soft side , you never know you may like it!!! 

Of course I am not being sanctimonious ( need a dictionary JF?) - of course we should debate good and bad performance, and have a view - but far too many of them could have featured in the doomsday book!! 

Winning is good for morale and confidence. Losing isn’t. Last season our youngest players in particular developed a lot. This season they must continue to do the same. This is a big ask both in footballing terms and more so in terms of the mentality that will be required. 

If we can keep the unity and positive mentality in more adverse situations we will have achieved something special. It is a lot to ask of our team and of the individuals in it. 

Edited by Bonzo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

I mean ignore Lakeys ridiculous comments about finishing higher than top 10 because they're just as silly as those saying we're guaranteed to finish bottom.

But generally I agree with your points.

I think people should ignore your ridiculous put down of someone who has a valid opinion about where we might finish this season. It is perfectly possible to finish top ten or above if things go well over the course of the whole season. Not saying we will, I'm not saying we won't, but it is a perfectly reasonable position to take.

Just now, lake district canary said:

I think people should ignore your ridiculous put down of someone who has a valid opinion about where we might finish this season. It is perfectly possible to finish top ten or above if things go well over the course of the whole season. Not saying we will, I'm not saying we won't, but it is a perfectly reasonable position to take.

Indeed if it goes really well it’s top 4, I can’t believe you’re so negative Lakey, just top ten!

9 minutes ago, Rhino1 said:

JF do explore your non-cynical , soft side , you never know you may like it!!! 

Of course I am not being sanctimonious ( need a dictionary JF?) - of course we should debate good and bad performance, and have a view - but far too many of them could have featured in the doomsday book!! 

Sanctimonious? 🤔 That will certainly be a tricky one for those young foreign players to grasp when they read this later...

Just now, Indy said:

Indeed if it goes really well it’s top 4, I can’t believe you’re so negative Lakey, just top ten!

I would rule nothing in and nothing out.  We finished top last season after having only 4 points at the same stage. 

Just now, lake district canary said:

I would rule nothing in and nothing out.  We finished top last season after having only 4 points at the same stage. 

👍😉

3 minutes ago, JF said:

Sanctimonious? 🤔 That will certainly be a tricky one for those young foreign players to grasp when they read this later...

You can get cream to treat that!

• Like 1

Christ JF you would be annoying at a dinner party (if you ever get invited to any!!) always needing the last word!! Says me needing the last word!!! 

Nothing wrong with a fan telling other fans not to be miserable whingers and to get behind the team. 

14 minutes ago, Rhino1 said:

Christ JF you would be annoying at a dinner party (if you ever get invited to any!!) always needing the last word!! Says me needing the last word!!! 

Love you 😘

I started the season off in great spirits but it’s the efforts or lack of that are bringing my mood down 

just into September and I never felt this negative under Chris Hughton 

13 minutes ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

I started the season off in great spirits but it’s the efforts or lack of that are bringing my mood down 

just into September and I never felt this negative under Chris Hughton 

Give it another tug (if you can find it), it might not cheer you up but it will give you something to do with your hands.

• Haha 1