Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

What's wrong with Super Mario

On 01/09/2019 at 08:22, Chelm Canary said:

Vrancic plays his football at a pace that I would consider below prem pace. I do believe he can pull off the occasional piece of wizardry, but we need something a little more robust and hard hitting to come on and make a difference at this level. 

On another note, it would be such a shame for the special talent that is Beundia to fade away in the Premier league. He really is up to this, but it's not happening.  I hold onto hope that farke can get him back to his best and soon - even if we are playing superior opposition, they aren't that good they can make you pass the ball off the pitch without being within a 10ft radius. 

"Vrancic plays his football at a pace that I would consider below prem pace. I do believe he can pull off the occasional piece of wizardry, but we need something a little more robust and hard hitting to come on and make a difference at this level."

If Vrancic is not prem level/pace then you could say the same for most of our team or of most of the Arsenal players in the Wenger era.  Thank goodness he displayed more than the occasional wizardry (you claim he is only capable) of last season - or we wouldn't even be up. Vrancic has the skills for this level - you want a "bull in a china shop".

We have players that play to a certain style - they are all creative players. But we have none (Hernandez aside) that are fast, robust and direct.

We have always been a "passing" team. Thank the stars that we have players that can at least do that.

2 hours ago, Six Pack said:

you want a "bull in a china shop".

We have players that play to a certain style - they are all creative players. But we have none (Hernandez aside) that are fast, robust and direct.

We have always been a "passing" team. Thank the stars that we have players that can at least do that.

Can't we have 'a robust bull in a china shop?

Were we a passing Team on Saturday?

On 31/08/2019 at 18:47, FenwayFrank said:

Are we now in “ anyone not playing is brilliant “ territory?

His record last season speaks for itself. Certainly deserves a chance on the pitch. Big game player too, always delivered when most needed.

5 hours ago, splendidrush said:

Not much penetration on Saturday splendidrush but we were trying to pass it, particularly in the first 20 - 25 minutes.

5 hours ago, splendidrush said:

Come to think of it - we have a player in our ranks who has the build of a bull and the twinkle toes of a ballerina - McLean !

One of our biggest issues is the loss of Hernandez. Massive blow. He could change a game from the bench. Gives us a pacy option. Most of our midfield players are excellent technically but lack the explosive pace to get us up the pitch (which might help defensively as it gets the ball away from our goal 🤣).

Sadly this is the harsh reality of the Premier League. Most teams will have players with skills equal to or better than ours. Those same players may well be bigger , faster and stronger than ours. If Emi Buendi  was six foot built like a brick out house and pacey too, would he have languished where he was until we picked him up? i doubt it. Our success last season has seen us propelled into the Prem before even Lakeyo anticipated, and that, while a great achievement has presented us with the problems discussed above by other posters. When we click, we are very good but we dont have the other strings in our bow that many premier league teams do. I'm not complaining about it, i'm cool with whatever happens this season as long as we stick to our game, because i believe changing the way we play, but using the same squad would see us neither improve results, or collective progress. Rome wasn't built in a day. Noah had more than 24 hrs to build the Ark too.