Sign in to follow this  
JF

Zimmerman

We have always beaten or at least drawn against at least one fancied side at CR each season we have been in the PL.  Arsenal, Tottenham, Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea. The only team we haven't had some kind of result against in recent years is Liverpool, although we've come very very close to doing that too with the 4-5. So I will be thinking we have a really good chance to do something against anyone that comes to CR this season - including Man CIty who we actually have a resonable record against at CR over the years. 

In fact the stats at CR are that since 1992 we have won 4 times, drawn 16 times and lost only 8 times.  So in that time, 20 times we have got points from them at CR - and that includes the last two times they came to CR in the premier league, which were draws.

Edited by lake district canary

You can’t compare the stats against Man City before their billions!  They are now one of the best sides in the world. I agree that against most of the top sides we’ve a chance of points, I was disappointed we didn’t take any against Chelsea but Liverpool and City are on a completely different level to the rest of the league 

• Like 1

On 31/08/2019 at 18:28, shefcanary said:

Farke was very pissed off so probably milking the situation.  Shame for Zimbo because he looked very good until Haller's assassination.  A rolled ankle may allow him to be back by Man City  - fingers and everything crossed.

Daniel came across as a winger on motd instead of talking about the game. 

On 31/08/2019 at 23:23, Mason 47 said:

The referee lacked a level of control in the game, particularly with the heavy challenges and diving in the first half, and quashing it early on with a booking for Haller might have changed that. Equally it could have made zero difference, it's all conjecture.

I think what Farke is miffed about is that an opposition player has made a bad and obviously cynical challenge on one of our guys, and his reward was arguably an easier path to the opening goal whilst ours is a crocked player in a difficult position. 

But as jermain said on motd, DF could have taken Zimbo off, so little excuse

4 minutes ago, JF said:

You can’t compare the stats against Man City before their billions! 

Yes, which is why I stressed this - "so in that time, 20 times we have got points from them at CR - and that includes the last two times they came to CR in the premier league, which were draws." 

That was in 14/15 and 15/16. Since Man City got their billions in 2008 our results have actually improved over the years - 1-6, 3-4, 0-0, 0-0.

Time for a win.

2 minutes ago, Harry53 said:

But as jermain said on motd, DF could have taken Zimbo off, so little excuse

Equally, Zimmerman was probably best placed to say whether he should have gone off immediately or not, Farke not unreasonably trusted him to do the right thing.

4 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Yes, which is why I stressed this - "so in that time, 20 times we have got points from them at CR - and that includes the last two times they came to CR in the premier league, which were draws." 

That was in 14/15 and 15/16. Since Man City got their billions in 2008 our results have actually improved over the years - 1-6, 3-4, 0-0, 0-0.

Time for a win.

I honestly hope you’re right, I really do along with every other Norwich fan. I’m thinking though to take a point from the match we’re gonna need to score four goals

It's the fact that we picked a kit with too much green. Every time we do that we have a shocking season.

That and playing in black when we don't need to....