Sign in to follow this  
JF

Zimmerman

Michael Baileys tweet.

Just spoken to Christoph Zimmermann - leaving on crutches with his right foot in a protective boot. Feels he rolled his ankle. Tried to carry on but couldn’t. 

He’s not sure how bad it is. #ncfc

Well that’s interesting as at the press conference DF said Zimmo was in hospital...

Norwich manager speaking to Match of the Day: "At this level small details cost.

"This is a game where VAR didn’t work. There was a nasty tackle against my centre-back (Christoph Zimmermann) and it wasn’t even given as a free-kick. Then a few mins later my centre-back wasn’t able to spring back and block the cross (for West Ham's first goal). My centre-back is now in hospital. My feeling was this made the difference.

"I’m not claiming for red cards, it is up to the VAR to judge it. The only thing I say is that my centre-back is in hospital and the other player is on the shoulders of the West Ham goalscorer.

"I’m a friend of VAR but on this day it didn’t work"

On Christoph Zimmermann's injury: "Judging by our luck he will be out for the whole season, but we have to wait for the scans first."

Farke was very pissed off so probably milking the situation.  Shame for Zimbo because he looked very good until Haller's assassination.  A rolled ankle may allow him to be back by Man City  - fingers and everything crossed.

Sounds frustrated and rightly so. Was a really poor decision from the ref not to award the free kick and then book Haller. We’re in big trouble if this injury is anything serious

It’s pretty frustrating but if he’s out, we need to look within our own under 23 for the next Godfrey.

Those out on loan must have a recall option?

15 minutes ago, Indy said:

It’s pretty frustrating but if he’s out, we need to look within our own under 23 for the next Godfrey.

Those out on loan must have a recall option?

Regretfully not anyone near ready in the u23s and no recalls allowed for those on loan. Even if they were ready

Edited by Year of the tiger

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I'm confused. Is he in hospital or not? Bailey seems to contradict Farke?

He probably means he’s in hospital as in he’s going to have to be having scans on his ankle. 

7 minutes ago, Year of the tiger said:

Regretfully not anyone near ready in the u23s and no recalls allowed for those on loan. Even if they were ready

If that’s the case we could be in a spot of bother till January, unless Zimmermann isn’t as bad as sounds or Amadou can step in and perform.

19 minutes ago, JF said:

He probably means he’s in hospital as in he’s going to have to be having scans on his ankle. 

Thought they would have waited to get back to Norwich. We don't normally rush scans and allow any swelling to go down. Unless they fear a broken bone that needs to be put in plaster. Lets hope not!

Hanley's injury is just a muscle strain.  Farke expects him back in training soon enough for Man City.  That should lead to a few threads on here!

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Oh, don't talk rubbish.

Oh?  That’s bloody rich coming from you!!!

If we have a choice of rushing him back  partially fit or resting to the following game, I certainly know what I’d do.  There’s no point taking any risk vs Man City, and if you suggest otherwise you’re completely mad.

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Oh?  That’s bloody rich coming from you!!!

If we have a choice of rushing him back partially fit or resting to the following game, I certainly know what I’d do.  There’s no point taking any risk vs Man City, and if you suggest otherwise you’re mad.

In that case I'm mad. If we managed to get something from Man City, imagine what that would do for the confidence of the team - you give every game your best shot, any other attiutude is just flawed thinking.

Christ, that is utterly stupid - you’d risk a partially fit player in one game? Bearing in mind there’s 30-odd more to come, and we potentially have Klose our for months, that is idiotic in the extreme even for you.

I have to agree, play the fit players for Man City, Zimmermann has to be given time to get fit as said it’s a marathon to gain enough points for survival.

7 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Christ, that is utterly stupid - you’d risk a partially fit player in one game? Bearing in mind there’s 30-odd more to come, and we potentially have Klose our for months, that is idiotic in the extreme even for you.

Yes, I'm sorry I misread your second post, but I never suggested in my previous post that would play anyone who was unfit. You play your best fit players. Of course.

Where I disagree is that your attitude to the Man City is not as important as Burnley and Palace.

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Oh, don't talk rubbish.

I don’t think it’s rubbish at all. If Zimmerman (or Hanley or anyone else) is anything less than 99 per cent fit, you don’t take a chance on them at Man City. What’s the point? Chances are we’ll lose anyway, so don’t risk it. Games against Man City aren’t our “cup final” type games where you might be tempted to risk rushing someone back in.

Edit: only read the rest of the thread after posting this...

Edited by Aggy

To be honest, West Ham did a professional job on us today.

They knew Zimmerman wasn't 100% and obviously targeted him for a bit of treatment early on which, not surprisingly, they got away with.

Same with Noble constantly getting under Cantwell's skin.

In general, they bullied us all over the pitch and we couldn't cope with it.

This is the PL and it doesn't take long for teams to know what your weaknesses are and how to stop you playing how you want to.

Pellegrini obviously had us sussed.

• Like 1

To be very honest I do not think the tackle on Zimmermann was the sole cause of today’s defeat. As I stated last week, City are very one dimensional, stop our full backs getting forward and you stop Norwich. They were both very poor today and several of the goals we have conceded come from the oppositions left. Aaron’s was the wrong side of the defender for the first goal for sure, and was rather naive in his defending duties today, and was caught time and again out of position. I know he is young, and has much to learn, but has all this hype of high transfer fees and England U21 selection gone to his head. And Lewis, your tracking back was just awful today. Defending in this manner will not see us win too many matches this season, and it looks to me we have been found out. Yes we had plenty of possession first 20, but produced nothing, we didn’t get in behind their defence at all and midfield was powder puff in creativity in as much as Trybull  and Leitner were covering the full backs mistakes far too much, leaving a heavy workload for Cantwell, who was far too lightweight and easily knocked off the ball. As for Emi, well was he playing! I know Farke is stating we won’t change our game. I’m afraid Daniel you might have too, and certainly some personnel, because we are struggling, opposition managers have sussed it out. The only one who didn’t, Steve Bruce, played 3 at the back, gave our defenders the freedom of Carrow Road, and as a result got stuffed. In that game  our fast pace and intricate football was a joy to behold, today we were lethargic and did nothing when we had the ball and looked very unfit. Very worrying! The were very few positives today, other than Krul, who kept us in it, it would have been 6 if it wasn’t for him, and Amadou, who looks very accomplished.

It's interesting because Michael Bailey made Lewis his Norwich MOM. I didn't see the game so will make no further comment on that. But what I have seen this season is Lewis easily the better of our two fullbacks and Max struggling much more against better opposition. But we must remember that Lewis has an extra season's experience which is massive at their age. And I also remember his performances dropped a little in the second season just as Max seems to have done now.

25 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

It's interesting because Michael Bailey made Lewis his Norwich MOM. I didn't see the game so will make no further comment on that. But what I have seen this season is Lewis easily the better of our two fullbacks and Max struggling much more against better opposition. But we must remember that Lewis has an extra season's experience which is massive at their age. And I also remember his performances dropped a little in the second season just as Max seems to have done now.

I really don’t know how he came to that conclusion NN. Krul was brilliant again today, was certainly my mom, and saved us from a hiding. Lewis was certainly better than Aaron’s, but his work rate was very questionable imo. Aaron’s is defo struggling at this level I agree, none more so than today, but yes, they both have age on their side, but both lack experience. I just hope Farke takes them out of the firing line at some stage, because struggling as they are could work against them.

Yes Krul was our best player by a mile, kept the score respectable 

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Where I disagree is that your attitude to the Man City is not as important as Burnley and Palace.

But it's not. 

7 minutes ago, All the Germans said:
2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

But it's not. 

I swear it's a kind of madness that people think like this - and you're not the only one, by a long chalk. 

Draw or win against Man City - even if it is against the odds - goes toward redressing the balance of the points lost today and last week.  I understand the reasoning behind the idea that you should prioritise certain matches, but I just think it is misguided thinking......bonkers, actually.  Every match is important in it's own way.