Sign in to follow this  
gorberzncfc

youngters??

my personal opinion is use the youngsters we hav at the club. i think everyone could see the difference in a passion to play football when spillaine and cave-brown came on. yes they may not have the experience but if there good enough they are old enough. i have seen the youth team play a few times as i have a mate chris martin who plays. personally i feel spillaine is definately good enough.

i think that the bench versus west ham was extremely negative with four other defenders/ maybe midfielders on the bench. that was our problem against the hammers when we got to 2-1!!!!! why not have at least one academy striker there???

well worthy did it again - Hendo Right wing  Rossi Jarvis Right Back - when was the last time a youngster got played in their correct position.  In fact when was the last time Henderson got played in his correct position?  Man CIty boss Stuart Pearce has blooded his youngsters and they have done a job.

It is true, positions of these players was a problem on Saturday, but in fairness it was either Thorne or Hendo on the wing - we weren''t exactly spoilt for choice. And as for where he usually plays, who are you gonna leave out of the team to accomodate this - McVeigh or Ashton? Or, if Ashton goes, I assume that you wouldn''t consider Hendo to be a suitable replacement in the striking department. 

use him as striker sub perhaps??  to be honest the reason he hasnt really got a go up front is because when the injuries do hit he is the only right sided player we have and he isnt one. we cant even juggle it around after playing 4-3-3 if that isnt working because we dont have players for a 4-4-2 lol

Yeah, I admit it is unreal that the only way we can even pretend to switch to a 4-4-2 is by bringing on another striker who just happens to be right footed. [:D] IMO, despite all the other discussion on here, we are most desperate for a right sided midfielder. I think one of the stupidest things that Worthington has done was to sell Jonson in the summer. Yes, he was a striker too, but he could certainly do a job in both positions on the right (I think).   

in the end we got what we paid for jonson i guess thats why worthy let him go - i always thought he would do a good job at this level - he was ok, he had all the attributes just not that premiership class or pace. To replace him with another 18 year old loanee (especially after bently failed last year) - in hindsight seems naive, but as we no everything is easy in hindsight.