Sign in to follow this  
Bill

What cretin thought

of course it is, you can see who is who absolutely perfect.........................:classic_wacko:

10 minutes ago, Bill said:

of course it is, you can see who is who absolutely perfect.........................:classic_wacko:

6 minutes ago, Bill said:

of course YOU can, not clueless at all

I still can.

• Haha 1

Have to say it didn’t strike me as the most contrasting pair of kits I’ve ever seen.

I suppose now we’re out of the League Cup, contractually we’ll have to play our 3rd kit more times in the League this year. And whereas I agree that it must be harder for our quick thinking players to spot a pass out of the corner of the eye to someone in a black and grey shirt, rather than bright yellow, conversely, it is a far more elusive colour scheme for the opposition to pick up on too in similar situations against them, so I’m sure it balances itself out in the scheme of things.

I just don’t care - the marketing moron who ever allowed NCFC to enter a contract that requires us to wear any strip other than yellow and green except on the very few occasions (Watford) where there is a clash should be fired. 

As Webber has said, it is all about fine margins, and yellow and green is our unique and iconic brand - you should not ever willingly throw that advantage away.... grrrrrrrr! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, splendidrush said:

Is it blue though?

it is if you're watching on a black and white tv

• Haha 1

For those of you pointing out quite correctly that there is nothing blue about that kit please remember City1st has an obsession for a certain team that play in that colour.

It isn't blue, it's dark grey, but at kick off I too thought it was a bit curious using it against a team who plays in quite a dark kit. You would've thought that it would be better served against teams like Brighton or Arsenal. 

Moaning about using a grey kit and implying that it impacted on performance is a bit of a Fergusonesque stretch, though. 

We painted the visitors changing room pink last year ... to change their mood. So yes playing in a gloomy grey by the same reasoning might give a gloomy dull team performance... as it seems it did!

Banish it.

I agree it didnseem odd. Your change strip shouldnt be closer to the opposition than your regular kit. Are we obliged to wear it a certain amount of times this season, like when we had the green lotus shirt?

I did notice their goalkeeper was wearing yellow, but presumably thats because we werent rather than the other way around

10 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

For those of you pointing out quite correctly that there is nothing blue about that kit please remember City1st has an obsession for a certain team that play in that colour.

ye, I do apologise for mentioning them in this thread

ps do me a favour and point out to the others where I did....if you can

8 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

It isn't blue, it's dark grey, but at kick off I too thought it was a bit curious using it against a team who plays in quite a dark kit. You would've thought that it would be better served against teams like Brighton or Arsenal. 

Moaning about using a grey kit and implying that it impacted on performance is a bit of a Fergusonesque stretch, though. 

do feel free to point out when anyone did imply that

or is that you just making stuff up again ?

5 hours ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

I agree it didnseem odd. Your change strip shouldnt be closer to the opposition than your regular kit. Are we obliged to wear it a certain amount of times this season, like when we had the green lotus shirt?

I did notice their goalkeeper was wearing yellow, but presumably thats because we werent rather than the other way around

The question comes up a fair bit given our 'unusual' colours and I'm sure the answer is usually marketing purposes. If not, the goalie thing would seem logical.

7 hours ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

My one is grey. Is City 1st seeing things?!

it's Bill

and if you are correct then that's the last time I buy a genuine Nowrich City shirt off ebay

£4.85 down the drain

5 minutes ago, Bill said:

ye, I do apologise for mentioning them in this thread

ps do me a favour and point out to the others where I did....if you can

Did i say you had mentioned them ? I was referring to the colour blue which of course you did mention and we all know what that usually means where you are concerned. In your anxiety to be pedantic yet again what i posted went whooosh above your head.

calm down plod

there is no anxiety, merely me posting up a light hearted thought

that you come blundering into bleating about the binners....again

it says much about how your obssessed mind works that my joking about the colour blue should set you off on another rant

go and look at some semi naked photos of young women, it might take your mind of things

Kays catalogue might help

31 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Here:

It looks to me like you're implying the players can't tell their team-mates from the opposition.

Generally if its a shortish slightly built person its one of our own😉

1 hour ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Here:

It looks to me like you're implying the players can't tell their team-mates from the opposition.

so I didn't say that at all

you were just making things ......again as seen below with the OP

" playing in a blue strip against WHU was a good idea ? " 

Edited by Bill