Sign in to follow this  
KeelansGlove

Smokescreens

Firstly may I just say I haven''t posted on here for sometime because I didnt want to be too negative, in fact I would probably say I had gone beyond the rant stage with our management team and become resigned to the Norwich of the 9 years in the 1st division not even competing at this level.

Regarding Ashton and saturday it really doesn''t make any sense to me. Firstly I can understand the club wanting to sell him if the offer is right (although I''m certainly not convinced that I''d want to let Worhington spend the money) and I can also understand that buying clubs might not want him cup tied.

BUT

This doesnt add up. If he was injured in training why was nothing said before ? Usually if a player is injured or doubtful we are at least told that he will have a late fitness test etc. Would I be cynical enough to suggest that the club wanted to sell the remaining tickets for saturdays game ? Perhaps.

The other point I would make about saturdays game and worthingtons style in general is that without Safri, Huckerby and Ashton we had no flair at all (with the exception of Mcveigh of course who cant do it all on his own) A team full of "Hardworkers" will get us nowhere and im not sure Worthy is up to buying players with any more than work ethic.

At this stage I''m honestly not sure what I''d rather have A) a new manager who played football the Norwich way, passing on the floor with flair. B) Get to the play offs and possibly promoted with a team devoid of creativity that would see us in the same position 12 months later.

I cant really believe that Worthington even wanted to bring Huckerby here on loan consider his recent words on Robbie Fowler ??

Koumas and Eastwood might convince me that we want to play football, but I guess that Isn''t going to happen.

you are absolutely right Keelan - it aint going to happen. And no I dont think that worthy truly wants his team to play football.  And i worry that come the end of the season when McVeigh ans Ashton have left what creativity is going to be left at the club.  This is the manager who played Holt over Safri for many games last season...

You choose

Robinson, Hughes, and Etuhu - about 1.5 million

or

Jason Koumas about 1.5 million

I think it says it all when Cardiff manager Dave Jones is willing to sell the divisions leading scorer in order to obtain funds to sign Jason Koumas.  I didnt see too much fight from Preston, Reading or Sunderland to keep and of the other three.

They decisded against announcing ashtons injury so that west ham would prepare for ashton to be involved. It would have been negative to say our best players out on tiop of all the other injuries. also, i reckon they decided they wouldnt say anything because ticket sales might go down.