Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

*****Official match thread v West Ham*****

Just now, HertsCanary93 said:

Poor time for the international break. Ideally you go into it filled with confidence.

To make matters worse... Man City next.

That's the spirit!

• Haha 1

Max nowhere to be seen after losing possession. Jogging back. You're going to struggle when your defenders are nowhere to be seen. Overlapping fullbacks so vital to how we attack.

Vital to how the opposition attack too

4 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

The worry is that this is West Ham

Who have comfortably finished between 7th and 13th since they got back into the Prem. A good marker and we know we need to do better.

• Like 3

Well played Tim Krul - without his performance this could have been a very damaging defeat rather than an off-day. And yes trolls, that is what it was - just an off day.

• Like 5

Fairly predictable that it would be a difficult task to stay up. Thankfully only conceding two, could have been worse.

A bad day at the office. Or at least it would have been if we had bothered to turn up.

Edited by Making Plans
  • Like 1

Just now, ricardo said:

Fairly predictable that it would be a difficult task to stay up. Thankfully only conceding two, could have been worse.

You giving your forecast 8 games early this year?

3 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

Who have comfortably finished between 7th and 13th since they got back into the Prem. A good marker and we know we need to do better.

West Ham are very good.  They have no fears of fighting relegation.

Emi had his worst game today.  Does seem to be struggling with confidence, practically nothing came off for him.  I'd give him a 4/10, Stiepermann likewise.  Let's hope Daniel can pick them both up.

Kenny looked bright when he came on, and at least Drmic got some minutes and a touch of the ball.

And if we have anymore bad luck with our CBs I might go to a quiet room and have a little cry.  Healthy to let it out.  Zimmerman was immense before he was clattered by that lummox.  (thanks PL refs, great job).

Shows we have to be absolutely on it to get anything out of games in the PL. We simply weren’t good enough and need to learn quickly. We showed last season that we can get ourselves together and consistently perform at our best and today would be more worrying had it followed being outclassed in the previous 3 games.

That we gave Chelsea a good game, comprehensively best Newcastle (who then went on to beat Spurs away) and played with good spirit and showed good signs at Anfield, makes me believe this will go down as an off day and lessons will be learnt.

• Like 1

2-0 flattered us. A few good minutes but just too lightweight. We thought the Chump was phycical but the EPL even more so. 

Offered little overall and need to re think our open approach otherwise we are certs for relegation.

Just now, Jobsworth Canary said:

Krul was just about the only premier league class player out there today for us

trybull was also poor 

1) he was very good.  Him or Lewis for MOM (from norwich perspective)

2) rubbish.  here is your troll toll.  🎣

For the first time this season we looked poor. Simply didn’t turn up and there was an absolute gulf in class.

Just now, paul moy said:

West Ham are very good.  They have no fears of fighting relegation.

Yep, much physically stronger than us in nearly,if not all departments. Our players were being outmuscled all the time. Wasn't a great watch , they were pretty good i thought, felipe anderson in particular.

With luck we could have sneaked a draw with the Cantwell header and Drmic post but it would have been an injustice.

Commentator crucified us and rightly so.

Not happy with the passion and workrate today. We need to do the dirty ugly work, gets the tackles in like the Hammers did on us.

I'm just clinging onto the fact we improved drastically after August in the last two seasons so hopefully we'll do it again. That game was shocking, like a Middleweight against a Heavyweight or a youth team playing against a senior team. 

We need to be more dynamic in our play as well, like I said earlier in the thread, switch the play sometimes when we're being crowded out, play quicker on the counter, defend in numbers when the opposition is on top etc We don't have to compromise our principals by adding a bit more to our playing style. The midfield makeup also has to change, we're just too small and lightweight. Tettey for Trybull and Vrancic for Buendia for me next week, Drmic playing Stiepermanns role and let's try to keep the scoreline respectable to take some confidence going into Burnley

3 minutes ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

Krul was just about the only premier league class player out there today for us

trybull was also poor 

To be honest this looked like a cup game where we'd drawn a Premier League side and found ourselves totally out of our depth. Men against boys today. What worries me is not our poor defending, that's nothing new, its our inablity to create chances. Completely different from the Liverpool game, which gave us hope at least.

It was a bad day, but we need to make sure we dont have too many of them. What is even more concerning for me is how not up for it they looked. Young lads, not used to losing. Seemed deflated. A leader on the pitch can be vital for this, another reason losing Zimm was such a blow. Our only other real leader is Krul, and being a keeper he is too isolated from the play to effective.

The troops need rallying - lets hope Zimbo is back sooner rahter than later