Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

*****Official match thread v West Ham*****

5 minutes ago, JF said:

You think our players are spending their downtime reading this forum??

Some players pay attention to their reviews, others ignore it completely. I read a few years ago that Ryan Bennett was very affected by poor ratings in match reports

10 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

That West Ham midfielder looks a right w️. Can’t deny they’ve got their tactics spot on against us, but they have an ‘edge’ about them that I don’t like. Cynical. Very concerning about Zimbo - they knew what they were doing there...

They are using their physicality, something we really lact at the top end. Also as a lot of our team are very young it is men against boys. Zimmermann, the player apart from Krul who is most likely to step up and provide leadership possibly targeted.

We dont seem to have much of a leader out there now

1 minute ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Some players pay attention to their reviews, others ignore it completely. I read a few years ago that Ryan Bennett was very affected by poor ratings in match reports

Blimey, that seems a terribly weak state-of-mind to me. If you're going to be a top pro, I would have thought a growth mindset, where you try to improve based on learning from your mistakes, was key. That said, he's done well at Wolves.

OTBC

Awful stuff again, giving the ball away in a cheap position for like the 10th time this half and swiftly punished, we really need to sort this out

Our own worst enemy again. Basically set them up for that one

Just now, Spillay said:

Fckng garbage, wtf was Pukki doing passing the ball back blindly like that?!

Cantwell 

Not played well. We keep getting crowded out by a bigger and more physical team, the way around this is to have a man over and switch the play from time to time. Trouble is we never want to deviate from the close possession play and the players not involved in that part of the pitch look asleep. Would love to see Vrancic with his excellent range of long passing come on, I think he's exactly what we're missing. 

Surprised by how limited Buendia and stiepermann have looked so far though which is worrying

I’m a fan of Stiepermann but he has to get better at those layoffs when we’re going forward. I think that’s three times now he let a decent surge forward turn to nothing.

Lots of naivety out there. But hey, thats what you get when you play kids. He'll learn.

Thats why you spend lots of money for seasoned pro's.

Our season probably depends on how quickly our players can learn and grow. Remember we only have to finish 17th

Being competitive in the premier league was always going to be difficult without further handicapping ourselves by playing the boy from Dereham every week

when will Farke learn 

Just now, Jobsworth Canary said:

Being competitive in the premier league was always going to be difficult without further handicapping ourselves by playing the boy from Dereham every week

when will Farke learn 

If I was going to criticise anyone, Todd would be a long way from top of the list. 

Well at least this ought to be a wake up call to shut those up who were delusional after Newcastle, our second game, we ain't finishing in the top 8!

It's going to be a long, hard season.