Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

*****Official match thread v West Ham*****

1 minute ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Good thing is in Pukki we have a striker who can put it away against the run of play if a chance gets engineered. In hindsight its looking like a bad decision to play Zimm and Klose against Crawley perhaps before they were ready.

Maybe the excessive criticism of Hanley amongst the fans played a part in that

Yes I’m sure Farke was reading the pink un message board before deciding his team selection against Crawley...

Edited by JF
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, king canary said:

Steipermann just looks like a non-factor at this level, not in the game at all.

Aye -- Vrancic needs to be accommodated and should be starting for Steipermann.

Probably our worst 45 minutes of the season. Still only 1-0 and there’s points to be had here if we can step it up

I wish they'd change their shirts at half time. West Ham certainly dont look all that but we look to have our heads down a bit. Need some good motivation at half time. Surprised the stats say we've had 54% possession

Tbf to West Ham they've got this tactically spot on thus far, very little space for pukki to run into and they smother us in midfield very quickly. Hopefully a better second half coming up.

2 minutes ago, Jools said:

Beat me to it. Buendia hasn’t exactly hit the ground running either tho, just pulls up every time he is tackled. Vrancic needs to be on

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

As an aside, I've always liked Ekoku as a commentator. He's very good.

I think he is absolutely dreadful. I didn't realise it was him until they showed him during the commentary and I thought it stood out that he didn't know what he was talking about.

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

We have to get a freebie in no question. Amadou is needed in MF.

Are we able to do that? Hasn't the registration for the league ended?

Gutted about Zimmerman, it was a fantastic block early on and we look much more solid with him in the team. 

Not seen the goal but based on comments on here suggesting Aarons at fault/not tracking his man, arguably two of the goals last week his fault too, do we have to consider a change of tactics and go 5 at the back to give him some defensive cover? Potentially give him more freedom to get forward and do damage as well. 

That goal is so badly defended. Seeing it on the replay. Max does completely the wrong thing not showing him outside. That's defending for full backs 101. You could argue he is put in that position in the first place because Buendia does not track his runner, but Max has to show him outside as soon as Buendia passes him on. It affects the whole backline as it means Zimm moves to intercept the runner Max has left creating space for Haller to move into and the ball to be passed into. As soon as Zimmerman goes to the runner Godfrey has to get tight/goalside of Haller.

Just terrible defending, and its all the basics

Just now, Aggy said:

Not seen the goal but based on comments on here suggesting Aarons at fault/not tracking his man, arguably two of the goals last week his fault too, do we have to consider a change of tactics and go 5 at the back to give him some defensive cover? Potentially give him more freedom to get forward and do damage as well. 

We're struggling for 2 centre backs, let alone 3.

Thought Trybull did OK that half! Stiepermann just does not look interested most of the time. If only Roberts was on the bench, I would take off Stiepermann, push Cantwell into that role and have Roberts, Buendia out wide.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JF said:

Yes I’m sure Farke was reading the pink un message board before deciding his team selection against Crawley...

Not that simple. Fan criticism will be perceived by players. The players will know about it, and however unconcious it is sure to percolate

That West Ham midfielder looks a right w️. Can’t deny they’ve got their tactics spot on against us, but they have an ‘edge’ about them that I don’t like. Cynical. Very concerning about Zimbo - they knew what they were doing there...

9 minutes ago, Jools said:

Yes it's concerning that Stiepermann is not impacting games, as he is one of our few forward players with a physical presence

2 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Not that simple. Fan criticism will be perceived by players. The players will know about it, and however unconcious it is sure to percolate

You think our players are spending their downtime reading this forum??

3 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

We're struggling for 2 centre backs, let alone 3.

Well fair point at the moment. Amadou, Zimmerman, Godfrey allows one of those to step out into the midfield if needed, and if all three are fit. Amadou a midfielder mainly I know but if needs must....

6 minutes ago, Yellow Green Army said:

Thought Trybull did OK that half! Stiepermann just does not look interested most of the time. If only Roberts was on the bench, I would take off Stiepermann, push Cantwell into that role and have Roberts, Buendia out wide.

Why isnt Roberts on the bench? Did he do much against Crawley?