Sign in to follow this  
A Load of Squit

Les Reasonables

I believe A1canary in his Ramblings post has identified a third group, if you''re not a WO or a KTF join the LR''s, I for one feel proud to be an LR.

I think a lot of people might fit into this group, they just tend to be a bit quieter and drowned out by the more extreme fans (and the wizards [;)])!

Balderdash! What absolute tripe. You''re just like a business ( or even a political party ) that''s going nowhere. You can''t make the headway you want so you change your name.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]Balderdash! What absolute tripe. You''re just like a business ( or even a political party ) that''s going nowhere. You can''t make the headway you want so you change your name.[/quote]

just some rebranding by the mid table mediocraty bunch.

Good idea, count me in. my suggestion for a motto is..

"Like the man who slapped the cheerful lady conducting a seance, our objective is to strike a happy medium"

Calm down yc! Ever considered that some people might just object to being pidgeon

holed into one group just because we don''t see things the way you do?

Apologies for changing the name that someone else gave us! Not before time if you ask me.

Yankee Canary,

Why does everything have to be so competitve and polarised with regard to something that is supposed to be entertainment. Why is the analogy of a business or a political party without a strategy in any way appropriate to a football fan who wishes to make comments on a message board regarding his/her club? It may be appropriate to the management of the club but I resent your implication that I need to adopt the idiom of successful corporate logistics or business management in order to have an opinion that you deem worthy of posting on this board. [;)]

how about calling yourselves the ''les b avin u''s''?clearly if you are not open minded enough to consider the possibility of worthy going, then that''s an UNreasonable position to take in many fan''s eyes!

As opposed to some more criticism from the, foaming-at-the-mouth "what can we dig out to moan about today? "we should be european champions next season" brigade? What is it with idiots, being mouthy, and wanting to categorise everybody who doesn''t give them a pat on the back everytime they say something stupid?

A1, there is nothing wrong with the Keep The Faith tag. It''s an honourable title and one should not consider oneself pigeon-holed as result of flying a point of view under that flag. Further, if one is neutral on Nigel Worthington, there is nothing wrong with adopting that position either. What gets up the nose a little is when such people as Squit wants to adopt a "Reasonable" tag when they have clearly slated others as non-supporters for honestly stating their beliefs as to why Nigel Worthington is not the manager to take us forward to years of participation in the Premiership. That''s why the thought that started this thread is tripe, and any "reasonable" or neutral person would see it for what it is.

I consider myself to be eminently reasonable, but I have reasonable grounds for believing that it is unreasonable to expect NW to lead us back to the Prem in a resonably short period of time. So am I unreasonably disqualified from membership for reasonably holding this opinion?

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]A1, there is nothing wrong with the Keep The Faith tag. It''s an honourable title and one should not consider oneself pigeon-holed as result of flying a point of view under that flag. Further, if one is neutral on Nigel Worthington, there is nothing wrong with adopting that position either. What gets up the nose a little is when such people as Squit wants to adopt a "Reasonable" tag when they have clearly slated others as non-supporters for honestly stating their beliefs as to why Nigel Worthington is not the manager to take us forward to years of participation in the Premiership. That''s why the thought that started this thread is tripe, and any "reasonable" or neutral person would see it for what it is.[/quote]

Another example of the WO''s putting words in my mouth, I have never ''slated others as non-supporters for stating thier beliefs''. All I have done is point out where they''ve taken quotes out on context, used statistics out of context, identified that there really is only a hardcore of 5 or 6 WO''s on this board and highlighted where they''ve reported opinion as if it were fact, I have always conducted my posts with fairness and a good deal of humour. I consider that to be reasonable.

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]I consider myself to be eminently reasonable, but I have reasonable grounds for believing that it is unreasonable to expect NW to lead us back to the Prem in a resonably short period of time. So am I unreasonably disqualified from membership for reasonably holding this opinion?[/quote]I think that''s the point though. Having your own opinion is more than fine, but stating it reasonably is the key. A lot of people will slag off those who don''t agree with them, which is what leads to the categorisation of fans IMO.

Les Reasonables? My names not ''Les''...........but I am ''Les Miserables Mello!''..........Worthy Outer, Keep the Faither, who really gives a ''Horlicks?'' Agree to Disagree.......er! Beg to Differ.....er! I''m a Dummier....er! Closet scummer.......er! Oh I''m Indecisive.........err, err, err?

I cannot believe what is occuring here.......er!? C''mon, I want a change of manager at this club. That''s all! And I have my own personal reasons after 18+ Munfs.........OK, other folk dispute and other folk agree, which is really healthy, because we are not lemmings regarding our thoughts - concerning the present state and position of the club. I''m not a violent man, but if you say I am - I''ll punch you in the throat! Do all posters/fans read the same newspapers, books or watch the same programmes on TV? Nah! because we all have different tastes! There are certain individuals on this forum who annoy me - of which I''m sure feelings are mutual.......But, they don''t affect my wage packet or intimidate me.....and I don''t go out of my way to upset them! Not because I fear their response to my ramblings, but I just can''t be hearsed to get into a slangin'' match of put-downs - or your not a true supporter.......er! etc, etc......er,er,er.

I love the pub for pre-brief & post-match de-briefs Home & Away! because it''s face to face and personal. That''s what football is all about. It also provides excellent entertainment on these boards, when good reasoned debate with plausible evidence, or sensible reasons for opinion are put forth. But, the mocking of those who maybe have trouble expressing themselves, and have something they wish to contribute to the subject is pretty harsh.I really wonder sometimes how many lurkers - would really like to have their say on this forum, and are apprehensive because of the possible slatings they''d get if the ''hardcore'' didn''t agree with their opinion! Have a pop at me for being a "Worthy Outererererer......er!" Because I don''t give a rats ar$e, and I''m a legitimate target because I''m not bothered whether.......er, you agree with me or not! ON THE FALL CITY! and KEEP THE FILTH! and CHEERIO NIGEL! ;~) Welcome back MadDan.......