Sign in to follow this  
General Melchett

Robinson to join for around 300k...

So we will have 6 central midfielders at the club.

Andy Hughes
Yousseff Safri
Dickson Etuhu
Jason Jarrett
Carl Robinson
Rossi Jarvis

I must admit he will be a good signing - he has promotion experience, even if he would be useless should we actually get promoted.

Sorry to disagree, but although the price may be reasonable we do not need "run of the mill" players. We need one or two outstanding players to make up for the dross bought during the summer.I have seen him play only once, - at Bramall Lane. I''m not sure "see" is the right word. Apart from the excellent header to pu tMcVeigh clear for the first goal I didn''t notice Robinson at all. He was anonymous.It now seems that we are assembling a team of "bargain buys", with a ceiling of  £half million. This can only mean either that money is scarce (and Ashton really is not going) after the wasted money over the summer, or we are trying to plug gaps as cheaply as possible. It''s hardly team-building, given his age, and it does look short-termism. Why are Sunderland, faced with near certain relegation, not wanting to hang on to him?

In my opinion he is better than what we have got but only good enough to do a job in this league.  Seems like we are pannick buying players for short term rather than looking at the long term picture

if we arent getting him for free i feel it is probably money wasted - the thing is though he would get in the team above Etuhu on current performances.  He keeps the ball on the floor and although he is as anonymous as Etuhu, we seem to play well with him in the side.

save money on both and we could sign idiakiz. [:(]  to much class for worthy however

I agree with Salopian here. We do need get some talent at the club not just the same old mediocre Championship players.

Now regarding the money Worthy has spent, his summer buys were appalling with the money he got. That has already been established by the people on here. I honestly can''t see why Worthy is bringing in all these average players to ''plug gaps'' (as Salopian put it) when he can start the youth at this club (Spillane, Rossi Jarvis, Cave-Brown) match in, match out. This will give them first team experience and surely this will be team building for the future Norwich side. No money will be spent and no flotsam and jetsam will be floating around the club. We need talent not junk.

[quote user="Salopian"]Sorry to disagree, but although the price may be reasonable we do not need "run of the mill" players. We need one or two outstanding players to make up for the dross bought during the summer.

I have seen him play only once, - at Bramall Lane. I''m not sure "see" is the right word. Apart from the excellent header to pu tMcVeigh clear for the first goal I didn''t notice Robinson at all. He was anonymous.

It now seems that we are assembling a team of "bargain buys", with a ceiling of  £half million. This can only mean either that money is scarce (and Ashton really is not going) after the wasted money over the summer, or we are trying to plug gaps as cheaply as possible. It''s hardly team-building, given his age, and it does look short-termism. Why are Sunderland, faced with near certain relegation, not wanting to hang on to him?
[/quote]

He''s not stood out, not worth the money, we need better, spend money in other areas, a reaction signing to injuries, no thanks, no way, no hoper. 

To quote Munby "Nigels budget for the season was commited with the signing of Dixon Etuhu"

so we wont be "pusing the boat out" to get robinson then? I dont rate him to be honest.... 

jas :)