Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Now Hanley is injured

Very sad for Hanley but as expected Zimmerman now gets to stake his claim to the starting role in the EPL. I really hope he does well but as with Hanley I'll support him whatever happens! It seems oddly similar to last season - and that went surprisingly well after an iffy start! 

Yes we do need to consider who could step-in in emergency in a game - is that Amadou, Tettey - the U23's - even Stiepermann although with Amadou's pedigree we should be Ok.

Edited by Yellow Fever

49 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

You'd have to take that one up with Lakeyo, He's the current expert on whether or not losing/dropping a garment is , or isn't, relative to anything much really. Sorry i can't be clearer Nuttyo. Was Bunny Larkins injured? Or did someone take his shorts off him? This is all very confusing for simple Country Boy Y'all.

We may need Rickyyyyyyo for this one...

Professional footballers are rarely 100% fit. It is routine to carry knocks, discomforts and even chronic, but manageable issues. 

What can be noticed is that relatively minor injuries sometimes mean that players can’t start a game. This has happened twice this season already, first with Maclean and then with Hanley. 

Maclean was replaced by Leitner,. Hanley will be replaced by Zimmerman. Farke announced the injury in both cases as something that had happened in training or way from matches. 

Farke likes to reward successful performances. Farke does not like to publicly drop players. Farke prefers the Group over individuals.

in each case the team was improved by the change. Sometimes a kind lie is better than an unkind truth. Particularly if the equation is that the truth is only interesting to the media  and the lie protects a valuable player and the overall Group. 

Parma  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Parma Ham's gone mouldy said:

Maclean was replaced by Leitner,. Hanley will be replaced by Zimmerman. Farke announced the injury in both cases as something that had happened in training or way from matches. 

in each case the team was improved by the change. Sometimes a kind lie is better than an unkind truth. Particularly if the equation is that the truth is only interesting to the media  and the lie protects a valuable player and the overall Group. 

Parma  

You can't say 'in each case the Team was improved' Zimmerman hasn't played yet, if he has a stinker, or, God forbid gets injured, it won't look like such a master stroke. 

7 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

He has spent as much of his career on the left wing as he has at left back, so I doubt he'd be high on the list of emergency centre backs.

I get that buddy, but he’s still got the versatility to potentially do a job just inside rather than at favoured left back, and as a defender with height, strength and a bit of pace then I’m not so sure he’d be the worst option push to come shove? But hopefully it won’t come to this of course!

Is Zimmermann really fully fit or is Farke having to play him? 

If it wasn't for the Scotland call up some might also suspect Hanley was being tactically dropped. 

I suspect it is the former so here's hoping Zimm gets through it OK. 

7 minutes ago, Ramrod said:

Is Zimmermann really fully fit or is Farke having to play him? 

If it wasn't for the Scotland call up some might also suspect Hanley was being tactically dropped. 

I suspect it is the former so here's hoping Zimm gets through it OK. 

Didn’t think of that, Ramrod, a good point - would be a smart move by Farke if so, we certainly need numbers back there what with the Klose news!

Still this idea that Farke is dropping Hanley? He was quoted as saying that despite an unfortunate own goal at Anfield, he's performed well and is pleased for him. (In connection to his call up for Scotland)

Many on here wanted him out, you got your wish, but he's injured, not dropped..

..unless you're calling Farke a liar. 

7 hours ago, splendidrush said:

Still this idea that Farke is dropping Hanley? He was quoted as saying that despite an unfortunate own goal at Anfield, he's performed well and is pleased for him. (In connection to his call up for Scotland)

Many on here wanted him out, you got your wish, but he's injured, not dropped..

..unless you're calling Farke a liar. 

I suspect Farke used the injury 'excuse' to publicly and diplomatically drop McClean after the Liverpool game. 

I think Hanley has a strain otherwise he'd be playing for Scotland. 

I haven't been slating Hanley. He has worked hard on his fitness, is still shaking off the rust and is wholehearted. 

Godfrey and Zimmermann are probably our best pair though. I'm just concerned the latter has been rushed back due to circumstances. 

I don’t buy this “injury=dropped” theory. The players themselves, and the rest of the team, will know what’s really going on. So we’re supposed to think this is being done for our benefit? 

We we know how important team spirit and cohesion are for Farke and Webber. I could see them doing something like this to improve that, but not as public relations.

Looks like Zimmerman is having to play because of injuries to the other central defenders lets hope it’s not too soon for him and he stays fit and has a good game.Also like quite a few of our players it’s a big step up in this league, fingers crossed he can make this next level

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, clever trevor said:

Looks like Zimmerman is having to play because of injuries to the other central defenders lets hope it’s not too soon for him and he stays fit and has a good game.Also like quite a few of our players it’s a big step up in this league, fingers crossed he can make this next level

My only concern with Zimbo is whether this game is too soon for him fitness wise.

For those with any doubts about whether he can make the step up - he’s played Arsenal once, and Chelsea twice. He’s arguably got even better since those 3 matches. In those 3 games, only 3 goals were conceded. So there’s your answer. It’s well known that he caught Arsene Wenger’s eye in the Arsenal game, fortunately for us Wenger left at the end of that season and the rest is history as they say.

Edit - 3 goals over 3 x 90 mins, not extra time which of course doesn’t happen in a league game.

Edited by Alex Moss

10 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

My only concern with Zimbo is whether this game is too soon for him fitness wise.

For those with any doubts about whether he can make the step up - he’s played Arsenal once, and Chelsea twice. He’s arguably got even better since those 3 matches. In those 3 games, only 3 goals were conceded. So there’s your answer. It’s well known that he caught Arsene Wenger’s eye in the Arsenal game, fortunately for us Wenger left at the end of that season and the rest is history as they say.

Edit - 3 goals over 3 x 90 mins, not extra time which of course doesn’t happen in a league game.

He might be able to make the step up Alex, indeed, I hope you're right, it should be considered that the performances you mentioned came after a run of games. 

To be able to step up without a pre season, an injury and far better opponents would be very impressive. 

6 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

He might be able to make the step up Alex, indeed, I hope you're right, it should be considered that the performances you mentioned came after a run of games. 

To be able to step up without a pre season, an injury and far better opponents would be very impressive. 

I’m obviously talking as in can a fully fit and match sharp Zimbo make the step up to the Premier League as a whole, which personally, I think he’s proved himself very worthy over those 3 games. As for stepping up without a pre season, then indeed he may struggle my friend, that’s a different matter. He hopefully is feeling sharp and fit for today, and is ready physically, fingers crossed.

This is far from ideal. I think a few are disrespecting the EPL a bit if they really think the likes of Heise and Stiepermann are suitable to play at CH. We may sort of get away with it today with Amadou in there (although Seb Haller will be looking to fill his boots) but I dread what will happen against Man City. If I was Farke I wouldn't risk Zimmermann unless he is close to 100% fit. There is a lot of the season left and we cannot risk a long term injury to Zimbo. 

It's a shame because today we need at least a point but a difficult job has been even harder. Ball retention and protecting our back 4 is critical today. We shall see.

43 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

This is far from ideal. I think a few are disrespecting the EPL a bit if they really think the likes of Heise and Stiepermann are suitable to play at CH. We may sort of get away with it today with Amadou in there (although Seb Haller will be looking to fill his boots) but I dread what will happen against Man City. If I was Farke I wouldn't risk Zimmermann unless he is close to 100% fit. There is a lot of the season left and we cannot risk a long term injury to Zimbo. 

It's a shame because today we need at least a point but a difficult job has been even harder. Ball retention and protecting our back 4 is critical today. We shall see.

I must admit that I’m so unworried about Man City whom stand alone, it just seems to be a given that they’ll beat anyone else in the league by a fair margin, so although hoping, I’m not expecting anything from that match in all honesty. But from a supporters point of view, I will of course hope something magical happens for us, and we can be that team that troubles them this season.