Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Now Hanley is injured

Zimbo is back for tomorrow plus we have Amadou who can play centre back too - not the worst bit of injury news we've received this season ;-)

• Like 1

It is pretty ridiculous - thought we were a ‘first-team’ cb short all along and it now looks like it may well be our undoing.  Amadou can maybe fill the gap but IMO we need him in the middle of the park.

Yeh but overall the news is good.Delighted that Zimbo is ok and that talk of him being injured on Tuesday was over played.

Edited by Van wink

It just get's worse... :classic_blush: I was critical of our lack of a signing at CB .... we're going to need a player in january and we are one more injury away from total chaos

Generally speaking, four centre backs should be enough. The fourth choice doesn't usually get much gametime in normal circumstances, but we've just been very unlucky with injuries. 

Last time we were in the Premier League, we only had three until January: Martin, Bennett and Bassong. The pool of centre backs this time looks stronger, mainly because there's one more.

And let's look on the bright side. The two fit centre backs are our best two. If those two stay fit, and they generally have decent injury records aside from the knee problem Zimmermann picked up over the summer, then we should be alright.

5 centre backs would be too many,  2 of them wouldn't even be on the subs bench if everyone was fit.

When you consider that Amadou can also play as a centre back (although most of his experience there is as part of a 3 not a 2) then Norwich are well covered.

• Like 4

That's the point. I have to admit I haven't done any in depth research and just know Amadou has played as a CB. But how much has he played and in which formations?

I am not denying he will be good enough as cover. 

Edited by ROBFLECK

6 minutes ago, Grando said:

Could our U23 centrebacks fill in if we were in dire need?

Or recall one of our promising loans? 

34 minutes ago, Grando said:

Could our U23 centrebacks fill in if we were in dire need?

The U23 centre backs are Famewo and Lomas. Famewo has played at League One level, but many Luton fans were a bit perplexed when Norwich signed him as he apparently had never looked that comfortable. 

Lomas has never played a senior game.

I suspect we'd see Tettey at centre back (which he has filled in for before) or even Lewis there before any U23 players got a look in.

Apparently Hanley has been issued with a groin so cannot play on Saturday

There us a fortnights break after that so hopefully he will have got used to the groin by then

haha - Tettey also went through my mind! 

I suspect we will see zimbo and godfrey start,  with tettey or amadou slotting in if he starts to struggle after 60 mins or so .   There is an increased risk of exacerbating his injury longer term but probably worth that risk. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Possibly going to follow the same pattern as last season, Hanley started the season, got a small injury then couldn't get back in because Zimmermann came in and did so well. 

Lost his Shirt then?

14 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Lost his Shirt then?

You lose the shirt if you are dropped.

Being injured is not the same as being dropped.

Edited by lake district canary

7 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

You lose the shirt if you are dropped.

Being injured is not being dropped.

If you drop your shirt, are you lost, but if it's not dropped you're injured. Ok , I get it now. But hang on a minute ...So you can't lose your shirt through injury, so when he is better, he won't have to find it again?

Is that how he was injured, bending down to pick up his shirt that he didnt lose?

Edited by wcorkcanary

2 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

It just gets worse.

Don't panic.

I thought Hanley was awful and was going on loan to Blackburn anyway.

Zimmerman in contention, and as others have stated, Amadou seen as comfortable at CB also. Hopefully this will see us through until Jan.

I’m yet to see anyone mention Heise as a possible solution, if things become desperate. He’s certainly got the height, and isn’t exactly slow.

5 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

I’m yet to see anyone mention Heise as a possible solution, if things become desperate. He’s certainly got the height, and isn’t exactly slow.

He has spent as much of his career on the left wing as he has at left back, so I doubt he'd be high on the list of emergency centre backs.

44 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

If you drop your shirt, are you lost, but if it's not dropped you're injured. Ok , I get it now. But hang on a minute ...So you can't lose your shirt through injury, so when he is better, he won't have to find it again?

Is that how he was injured, bending down to pick up his shirt that he didnt lose?

Don't know how this fits in but Bunny Larkins dropped his shorts....

8 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Don't know how this fits in but Bunny Larkins dropped his shorts....

You'd have to take that one up with Lakeyo, He's the current expert on whether or not losing/dropping a garment is , or isn't, relative to anything much really. Sorry i can't be clearer Nuttyo. Was Bunny Larkins injured? Or did someone take his shorts off him? This is all very confusing for simple Country Boy Y'all.

Bloody Hell, is this connected to Mo Leitners preference for keeping his shorts so short? I think we may be on to something.

10 minutes ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

Lack of spending coming back to bit us on the **** and it’s not even September yet.

oh for a stinking rich Chinese investor

Will they be able to pay for lost shirts jobbo? I've been told there are bargains to be had in the Chinese garment industry. We could Change Errea to Ellea. Easy. Get them on the phone ASAP.

Sad but good news Zimmermann is available! He’d be shoe in, now that Bunny dropped his shorts and Hanley can’t bend over to find his lost shirt!

Surely we’re stronger now with Zimmermann back and Amadou playing more match time?

I’m going for a clean sheet and a 2-0 win Saturday, Pukki & Buendia to score.

2 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Last time we were in the Premier League, we only had three until January: Martin, Bennett and Bassong. The pool of centre backs this time looks stronger, mainly because there's one more.

The pool of CBs also looks stronger because every single one of the lads we have in that position now are far better than any of those three! Martin was a good RB but absolutely dreadful in the middle, Bennett unfortunately waited for his move to Wolves to show his real quality and Bassong's best days were well behind him.  I'd maybe take Bennett over Hanley today but other than that there's no comparison - we're a lot better now than we were last time round!

Edited by andyc24_uk