Midlands Yellow

West Ham predictions

3.2 to either team and definite hope as their best player is out injured . Knees up mother Brown the Hammers main board is already 5 pages in on the match thread.

Their fans are very confident of taking all 3 points.

(Even though most of the first team didn't play) I think the lads are going to be determined to bounce straight back after that embarrassing defeat at Crawley.

1-3 to Norwich.

I like the "Fink Tank" (Daniel Finkelstein in the Times) approach to prediction as it seems to sum up the possibilities more realistically than the usual, "I have a feeling that we are going to get the three points on Saturday" approach, or even they (an established PL squad playing on their own turf) have a certain player out injured (sorry MY ... not particularly directed at you and something to be accounted for in the following assessment.)

West Ham win ........ 60%

Draw ..... 25%

City win ..... 15% 

I do not think that giving us a 40% chance of getting something at West Ham unduly negative.

t_500x300

I wonder what 'The Fink' will fink on Saturday morning?

Edited by BroadstairsR

With question marks over the form and performances of the teams we have faced so far this could prove the first accurate marker in our season for how well we may fare in the end.

I think the one thing we can safely predict is goals...

A 3-2 either way definitely possible in my eyes as well Midlands. But I'll play it safer and go 2-2.

1 hour ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

With question marks over the form and performances of the teams we have faced so far this could prove the first accurate marker in our season for how well we may fare in the end.

I think the one thing we can safely predict is goals...

A 3-2 either way definitely possible in my eyes as well Midlands. But I'll play it safer and go 2-2.

I think we need the first goal or it might be a long afternoon . 

3-1 Hammers...I'm afraid...:classic_mellow:...our central defence is in a spot of bother and they've strung some good results together after getting "hammered" by Citeh...

Edited by ROBFLECK

Don't think we'll win unfortunately. My heart says 2-1 to us but my head says we'll lose by the same scoreline

This will be a game that will tell us a lot about how City will do this season IMO.

last season our style worked if anything better away from home as shown by the fact that after the last minute defeat at Sheffield U in September we only lost one more away game. WH will tell us a lot more about whether our style also works well away from home in the Prem, I suspect it will and I’m going for a 2-1 City win.

• Like 1

Regardless of the result, you would certainly put your mortgage and entire life savings on Norwich not keeping a clean sheet.

14 minutes ago, Big Vince said:

Regardless of the result, you would certainly put your mortgage and entire life savings on Norwich not keeping a clean sheet.

So would you be happy with a 3-2 win to us?

11 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

So would you be happy with a 3-2 win to us?

I would have to take it because otherwise I would be on the street by Monday morning.

41 minutes ago, Norfolk Mustard said:

Psychologically the WHU away game is very important; lose and Norwich are on a slippery slope - win and things look much brighter. A top, top performance is needed!

Disagree. This squad bounced back a number of times last season. Yes a win is always important but this is not a must win game and I don’t think a loss away at West Ham will lead to any kind of slippery slope. The mentality and leadership of this team and club is stronger than that

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

Disagree. This squad bounced back a number of times last season. Yes a win is always important but this is not a must win game and I don’t think a loss away at West Ham will lead to any kind of slippery slope. The mentality and leadership of this team and club is stronger than that

It's not an essential win but with Man City to follow after the break 3 points from 5 games likely by then doesn't sound so good despite us having played three of the top 4 last season! So much better to get a point or 3 from WHU! 

29 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

Yep sometimes you wonder if people remember the start to last season...

I agree that BTTS looks a good bet and I think we might cause a small surprise, ride out some pressure with Buendia scoring late for a 1-2 win.

We have a decent chance of points here. If we can get a good share of the ball despite their home advantage we can definitely get something from the game. 

Reckon we’ll get a draw, which wouldn’t be a bad result. The idea that if we lose we are on a ‘slippery slope’ is daft....this run of games was always hard, you have to wait until the run of 6-7 games after Man City to properly see where we are.

I reckon we could give them a bit of a battering from what I’ve seen so far, but to be fair, it’s a very difficult game to call so with that in mind it’ll probably be a draw. I fancy Buendia to get on the scoresheet tomorrow though, he’s due a goal, and Pukki of course, so they’re gonna need 3 minimum to win it I feel.