Sign in to follow this  
Well b back

Maddison and Mings

Both called up for England duty next week.

I will be at Wembley, if he plays how can I bring myself to clap and cheer Mings ?

37 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Both called up for England duty next week.

I will be at Wembley, if he plays how can I bring myself to clap and cheer Mings ?

Every time he’s on the ball, cheer his teammates

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

I wonder if a full England cap may trigger another payment from Leicester?

Thought you were going to say another fraction of star on Ip**ich’s shirts

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, GenerationA47 said:

Every time he’s on the ball, cheer his teammates

Lol

Hope we win 10 - 3 and he is responsible for all 3 of Bulgaria’s goals.

• Haha 1

Doubt Mr Stampy will get on, but if he does perhaps he’ll revert to type and actually get done for it this time.  I can’t  believe he’s even in the squad.

Can’t see how after 3 prem games that he has done enough to get in the England squad. Are England that short in the position?

Ben Godfrey is twice the player Mings will ever be, how has he made the squad over Ben, is it just because he plays for villa? 

30 minutes ago, lincsy88 said:

Ben Godfrey is twice the player Mings will ever be, how has he made the squad over Ben, is it just because he plays for villa? 

Nah lincsyo,  Mings  has been around  a  while, becoming  an 'established player ',  Ben will still  be regarded as 'up and coming '. 

Had Villa not gone up and he returned to Bournemouth to play second fiddle, would he have been called up?

Likewise Wan-Bissaka, had United not come in, would he have been called up? 

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

Nah lincsyo,  Mings  has been around  a  while, becoming  an 'established player ',  Ben will still  be regarded as 'up and coming '. 

Yer I get that but surely if your good enough your old enough etc etc. And mings couldn't even get in the Bournemouth team a year ago and 3 average games in the prem has got him a call up. My judgement may be clouded as I think Mings is an a**e and Godfrey has looked great for us but at least ben is gonna be in the u21s

1 hour ago, CDMullins said:

Had Villa not gone up and he returned to Bournemouth to play second fiddle, would he have been called up?

Nope because he wouldn’t be playing for Bournemouth.

Loved how Southgate commented on how composed he is on the ball, if composure means limping it down the pitch when under pressure then yep he’s definitely composed 👍🏻

5 hours ago, CDMullins said:

It's why players want to join the Big Clubs, it's why Andy Carroll (5 goals) was picked ahead of Holty (17 goals) for the Euros.

It raises their profile, if Godfrey had signed on at Spurs or Man U he would be a squad player for England. 

I haven't seen the squad but it seems that as a general rule the bulk are picked from the Big Six and a few filler's to keep the papers happy. 

I have no issue with WanBissaka who was close to getting a full call up last season and is a very impressive defender,  but he does currently lack the attacking outlet we get from Alexander Arnold or Aarons. 

Mings is  a decent CB but I am far from convinced that he (or Godfrey) warrant a full squad call up yet - even in a position crying out for some talent.    Godfreys time will come and should last some time.

On 29/08/2019 at 17:45, CDMullins said:

Yes. Though, maybe, AWB is not as good in attacking positions as Max but defensively he is better.