Sign in to follow this  
Well b back

Travel last night to Crawley

Can’t see it mentioned on here but what a nightmare getting to Crawley last night. We left just after 2 ( from Norwich ) and got into the ground just as Crawley scored. If it wouldn’t have been for modern sat navs we would have never made it.

Did any of you not get there or turn back ?

A problem on M25 led to 90 minute delays, then a truck had broken down on the final roundabout leading in to Crawley which took another 30 minutes

Came from Swindon, Satnav kept asking if I'd like to save time as the destination arrival time was changing all the time started as 6pm and went as far as 7:55pm  finally got to a parking space at 7:30 and got to my seat as they kicked off, grabbing a hotdog at half time was the only thing I had time to eat. 

I went from Kingston neck of the woods - and thankfully decided to go by train instead of driving.....when we went over the M25 and saw the queues I did think I’d made the right decision (though given how it turned out, maybe staying at home might have been better?!)!

3 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

Anybody care to give an impression of the game? How did our new recruits do? (Well any of them actually)

We were poor as a team. Amadou looks like he’s got something and could be a good addition. No one else did anything to suggest they should be considered for West Ham, I only saw the second half though so perhaps someone else could comment on the first

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

Anybody care to give an impression of the game? How did our new recruits do? (Well any of them actually)

Hard to judge after this game.

Our outstanding players were Godfrey and Emi which I suppose tells its own story. After saying that Byron looks good.

I thought we played ok - it was a fluke goal and completely against the run of play, but we just didn’t really create enough. Despite having tonnes of possession and good openings, we didn’t seem to have as many real clear-cut chances as we should.  

2 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I thought we played ok - it was a fluke goal and completely against the run of play, but we just didn’t really create enough. Despite having tonnes of possession and good openings, we didn’t seem to have as many real clear-cut chances as we should.  

It was either Paddy or Michael Bailey who said we were guilty of overplaying it around the penalty area which sounded like a reasonable criticism to make. 

• Like 1

Just seen Bailey's video. Seemed to think Ibrahim showed promise, which is encouraging.

Edited by ron obvious

it sounds like it is early days and players will step up.... because that is what it is about now

not having seperate teams but all being one part of the first team, hence so many being out o loan to work towards that aim

remember how 'inept' Zimmerman, Vrancic and Steiperman looked - how Krul was seen as a bit dodgy with at least one mistake in him every game ?

that's not to say the comments about last night are not valid, or should not be made but that it is not the team that should be judged but each player

and from the positive comments above there's much to welcome

and I doubt a few games against lower league opposition will not do that much in that direction...were we have to stayed in the cup

as to last night's travel I don't think the club would lose much by offering free travel and ticket to all those who travelled down on those coaches

we can easily afford it, and they certainly deserve it after that hassle

4 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

Took five and a half hours, got in at half time

Blimey, Ive seen a few posts and tweets about this, I suppose if you are going to miss part of a game, this was the one to miss😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Van wink said:

Blimey, Ive seen a few posts and tweets about this, I suppose if you are going to miss part of a game, this was the one to miss😉

M25 was closed.

No idea how the coaches got there as we went cross country but they wouldn’t have got down those roads and even then we arrived 15 mins late.

16 minutes ago, Well b back said:

M25 was closed.

No idea how the coaches got there as we went cross country but they wouldn’t have got down those roads and even then we arrived 15 mins late.

Believe me , we went down those roads including one 'not suitable for HGvs'.Got there thanks to google maps & some good drivers 

Edited by Year of the tiger

30 minutes ago, Well b back said:

M25 was closed.

Tunbridge Wells seems quite nice 😁

Blimey, I know that area well from cycling, that’s a pretty rural route for a coach!

I live and work in south London so had an easy journey in from work, but Southern Trains had cancellations and delays which might have inconvenienced a few on the way back into London.

I thought the goal was very much against the run of play and whilst it wasn’t great defending it was a bit unlucky. We had the entire outfield 10 in the penalty box for corners and set pieces which made it crowded and probably didn’t help. I very much agree with the view that at times we overplayed it and a couple of times I thought we would slip Idah in with a good ball that unfortunately never come. The team did look a bit out of synch, which I guess is one of the drawbacks of playing a very changed team, although I do think it was the right approach for this game. 

Overall it was a bit disappointing, especially given how many had travelled on a weekday evening, but a point or maybe three on Saturday will put the smiles back in place 👍😁

I came from Camberwell 30 miles away. Left at 5:10 got there just as kick off started. That bloody roundabout off the M23 took me nearly an hour to get through.

24 minutes ago, Willmeister said:

I came from Camberwell 30 miles away. Left at 5:10 got there just as kick off started. That bloody roundabout off the M23 took me nearly an hour to get through.

probably easier for you to get the train from Victoria....quick 36 or 185 bus trip