Jump to content
Note to existing users - password reset is required Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
CDMullins

Burnley Tickets

Recommended Posts

in immediately on my phone over 4g but my back up option (laptop on the standard internet connection) was faced with a 30 min queue after I logged in seconds after 9 o clock.

No doubt it will be easier but I still think it will sell out today. Wonder how many of the Elite 750 are going. Theres only just over 2000 total isn't there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Impossible before but our group have worked a way around the system to ensure tickets. All bought by 9:01 and this is now a large group. Amazingly not one of us could get tickets previously now all those that wanted them have them in our group. Floored system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's clear that for most games against teams outside London and the top 6 the demand wont be so high.  Perhaps anything that ends up being an important game will be difficult.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

The system is beginning to work very well indeed 

god bless the ticket office 

If you think that please attend the meetings when they happen.

What you really mean is our new found supporter base will be only interested in traveling to the London clubs and the likes of Anfield. If you really are one of the 750 then be careful that your comments don’t turn the people that have also attended a lot of games away over the past few seasons against you. It’s not exactly difficult to get round the system either as the club seem to really think you can’t jump the quee but still charge us £50 for the privilege.

Didnt hear Canary call last night as on way back from Crawley but I am led to believe there were the first signs of our new fans showing dissent against our manager.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tetteys Jig said:

in immediately on my phone over 4g but my back up option (laptop on the standard internet connection) was faced with a 30 min queue after I logged in seconds after 9 o clock.

No doubt it will be easier but I still think it will sell out today. Wonder how many of the Elite 750 are going. Theres only just over 2000 total isn't there?

I’m one of the elite 750 and will be going but waited until today to purchase as going with my dad and a mate, and neither of them are in the 750 club (both hit 8 or 9 last season). Was in by 9.10 and got tickets with no issue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Well b back said:

Impossible before but our group have worked a way around the system to ensure tickets. All bought by 9:01 and this is now a large group. Amazingly not one of us could get tickets previously now all those that wanted them have them in our group. Floored system.

PM me the magic secret please.

Edited by CDMullins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

Tickets still available and no queue now...

Lol

Clearly our new found group of fans didn’t want to go to this game or Crawley. Of course the club will now be using this to justify the new system and the £50 charge. It’s interesting that the number sold for this game seem to tally with the numbers that we took to championship games prior to it looking like we would get promoted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, kick it off said:

I’m one of the elite 750 and will be going but waited until today to purchase as going with my dad and a mate, and neither of them are in the 750 club (both hit 8 or 9 last season). Was in by 9.10 and got tickets with no issue

Good luck for Palace and Spuds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Good luck for Palace and Spuds

No interest in palace, selhurst is a dump. Spurs is midweek so not sure I will make it anyway due to work but if I do, il be going on my own as realise there’s little chance of securing more tickets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Well b back said:

Didnt hear Canary call last night as on way back from Crawley but I am led to believe there were the first signs of our new fans showing dissent against our manager.

How do you know it was new fans? There are always people who start calling for the manager’s head at the first sign of trouble, many on here do it many times a season 😳

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We don’t typically sell out at Burnley and suspect that pattern will be maintained. There will only ever be pressure on London games plus Bournemouth. Liverpool was exceptional this season based on first game back syndrome. Let’s not forget that the club didn’t even take the full allocation for Utd away last time we were in the PL! There will be plenty of opportunities to travel away if you wish to over the course of the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, kick it off said:

No interest in palace, selhurst is a dump. Spurs is midweek so not sure I will make it anyway due to work but if I do, il be going on my own as realise there’s little chance of securing more tickets.

I am in Australia for Spurs at home. So happy to swap that for Spurs away if one of the 750 or others can get me a ticket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Well surprise surprise...some away games are more popular than others..just as its always been.

and its for exactly that reason as to why those games should be sold on a staggered priority,points based system

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Well surprise surprise...some away games are more popular than others..just as its always been.

ans its for exactly that reason as to why those games should be sold on a staggered priority,points based system

Spot on.

Unfortunately though I think the club will use the Burnley and Crawley games to justify their decision. The strange thing is that ( although every game is tough ) you are more likely to see a win at the likes of Bournemouth, Southampton and Burnley as opposed to Anfield, Old Trafford and White Hart Lane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Spot on.

Unfortunately though I think the club will use the Burnley and Crawley games to justify their decision. The strange thing is that ( although every game is tough ) you are more likely to see a win at the likes of Bournemouth, Southampton and Burnley as opposed to Anfield, Old Trafford and White Hart Lane.

You’re assuming these people are all there to see City and actively support the team. Just as likely to be generic “fans of football” (with or without a connection or soft spot for City).

Not really criticising these types, you meet a lot of them about. don’t get it myself but I suppose it’s as valid as my almost wholly partisan fandom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've always been to more away days in Championship/League One than Premiership.

Its no fun going to Old Trafford/Etihad/Emirates/Anfield to watch us not touch the ball.

I am surprised that this game hasn't sold out like the last two have, particulary has so many criticsed the process, so many have paid £50 seemingly for 'nothing' at this point, but more so because of the promising and positive start we have made.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Well surprise surprise...some away games are more popular than others..just as its always been.

ans its for exactly that reason as to why those games should be sold on a staggered priority,points based system

Absolutely this. And those that have picked and chosen their ten away days are doing the same again. It has always been like this but now there are more people fighting for the tickets they actually want. If you’re one of those people that have always had uninhibited dibs, it’s a bad thing. If you’re not, it’s positive. 🤷‍♂️

 

The whole ‘loyalty’ thing has always been BS shouted loudest by those that have gotten to pick and choose their away games in an uncontested manner. I was one of them. 

 

Loyalty is NOT 12 months. It is not one season. It is not 40 seasons. It’s doing the very best you can to support the club you love, irrespective of where you live, how many tickets you buy, how much merchandise you can afford. 

 

If if you think differently, fair enough. That’s your right. You might think you’re a better fan, a more loyal fan; you might think that you put Delia to shame. Truth is, you’re just another Norwich fan. 

 

Do you think that a Bury fan that went to 15 games last season is hurting more than one that went to 3? How about a fan that had never been to an away game? Or how about that kid that got his first replica kit last week and will never see a game?

 

Grow up. 

Edited by Duncan Edwards
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Absolutely this. And those that have picked and chosen their ten away days are doing the same again. It has always been like this but now there are more people fighting for the tickets they actually want. If you’re one of those people that have always had uninhibited dibs, it’s a bad thing. If you’re not, it’s positive. 🤷‍♂️

 

The whole ‘loyalty’ thing has always been BS shouted loudest by those that have gotten to pick and choose their away games in an uncontested manner. I was one of them. 

 

Loyalty is NOT 12 months. It is not one season. It is not 40 seasons. It’s doing the very best you can to support the club you love, irrespective of where you live, how many tickets you buy, how much merchandise you can afford. 

 

If if you think differently, fair enough. That’s your right. You might think you’re a better fan, a more loyal fan; you might think that you put Delia to shame. Truth is, you’re just another Norwich fan. 

 

Do you think that a Bury fan that went to 15 games last season is hurting more than one that went to 3? How about a fan that had never been to an away game? Or how about that kid that got his first replica kit last week and will never see a game?

 

Grow up. 

If there was an Oscar for posts, you should get one, we’ll said

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Do you think that a Bury fan that went to 15 games last season is hurting more than one that went to 3? How about a fan that had never been to an away game? Or how about that kid that got his first replica kit last week and will never see a game?

 

I think the Bury fan who went to games last season is probably hurting more than one who only wants to go watch them v Man U or Liverpool...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Absolutely this. And those that have picked and chosen their ten away days are doing the same again. It has always been like this but now there are more people fighting for the tickets they actually want. If you’re one of those people that have always had uninhibited dibs, it’s a bad thing. If you’re not, it’s positive. 🤷‍♂️

 

The whole ‘loyalty’ thing has always been BS shouted loudest by those that have gotten to pick and choose their away games in an uncontested manner. I was one of them. 

 

Loyalty is NOT 12 months. It is not one season. It is not 40 seasons. It’s doing the very best you can to support the club you love, irrespective of where you live, how many tickets you buy, how much merchandise you can afford. 

 

If if you think differently, fair enough. That’s your right. You might think you’re a better fan, a more loyal fan; you might think that you put Delia to shame. Truth is, you’re just another Norwich fan. 

 

Do you think that a Bury fan that went to 15 games last season is hurting more than one that went to 3? How about a fan that had never been to an away game? Or how about that kid that got his first replica kit last week and will never see a game?

 

Grow up. 

Love this. Well said sir.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now what if home season tickets worked like this  You pay £50 up front and then buy individual match tickets for the games you want to see. You don't make any commitment other than that £50 which made you part of the ring fenced elite that allowed you first dibs on tickets for every game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×