Sign in to follow this  
CDMullins

Burnley Tickets

got no qualms with the 750 as they would all happily renew their away season ticket given the option. It was just galling that I bought the premier membership prior to the goalposts moving meaning I will be fighting out for even less tickets when we come calling to Manchester and Everton as they are the nearest and most realistic games for me to go to.

They definitely shouldn't have bothered with the standard membership. £35 for basically no guarantees is daylight robbery. I see £30 for a prem game as £10 extra good value compared with the EFL prices (yes I know why they are priced as such) so as long as I make it to at least 7 or 8 games I will justify the £50 spend on away membership.

Hopefully those of us who bought them this year and used them will have some sort of loyalty bonus next year.

3 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Yep, fair point - the other thing it has done though is removed the tiering of anyone not in the 750. Those who went to 9 away games treated the same as those who have never been to a city game. That’s where it falls down for me. They should have put in a prior purchase history clause in to the prem membership scheme to stop Liverpool fans etc from piling on.

My opinion is old system was fine and the only thing that needed to change was balancing home season ticket points with away membership points.

And don’t forget the fact that a lot of those that went to away games reasonably regularly refused to pay the £50. 

There is now a report on here of the club allowing people to swap a home Premiership for an away premiership. 

2 minutes ago, Well b back said:

This means all you on standard membership can pay another £15 to become premier members as per the initial statement.

Not your fault LDC but the club said there was a deadline and they are effectively still giving out premier away memberships. 

No, I contacted them before they stopped selling them. This was the first occasion I had tried to use it, as I couldn't have gone to West Ham anyway.

1 hour ago, king canary said:

Because that is what season ticket holders are.

But I fear we're getting into one of those things where we're talking at crossed purposes. Your issue seems to be the people with 10+ games last season being put into the same group as away season ticket holders. I can see your point on that one.

My issue is with lumping those who go to 6 or 7 away games in with those who've gone to none. 

No it's not what season tickets are for. Season ticket holders pay for every game. Casual tickets are for those who can't commit to that. My point is that someone who bought 10 casual tickets last season has no advantage this time. Nobody cares either. Which is strange..

---------------

Part of my point is as you said Kingo. The elite group parameters are unfair. How can it be right that someone picking and choosing less than half last seasons games be priveleged the same as someone who committed to all. And yet someone else who went to a few less isnt.

If what you did last season is relevant to this time then why should someone who went to less than half the games last season get first choice for all of them this?

Edited by nutty nigel

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

No it's not what season tickets are for. Season ticket holders pay for every game. Casual tickets are for those who can't commit to that. My point is that someone who bought 10 casual tickets last season has no advantage this time. Nobody cares either. Which is strange..

I'd imagine this is because the amount of people who bought 10 casual home tickets last season is minuscule, compared to the numbers who bought 10 away tickets. Most people going to home games have a season ticket. 

7 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Part of my point is as you said Kingo. The elite group parameters are unfair. How can it be right that someone picking and choosing less than half last seasons games be priveleged the same as someone who committed to all. And yet someone else who went to a few less isnt.

If what you did last season is relevant to this time then why should someone who went to less than half the games tjen get first choice for all of them now?

I kind of agree with you here- the 10 game thing is a totally arbitrary line and it doesn't make sense that someone who hit that magic 10 games is guaranteed a ticket and someone who went to 9 just gets pot luck. Where (I think, though apologies if I've misunderstood) is that you seem to be of the opinion it should be all or nothing- ie away season ticket or no priority over anyone else. I believe we should have stuck with the sliding scale points system and scaled down the number of points season ticket holders get. I'm not ashamed to say I think fans like KIO who trek to places like Hull and Bristol should have priority on tickets for Man U or Liverpool over someone who hasn't been to an away game ever.

10 minutes ago, king canary said:

I'd imagine this is because the amount of people who bought 10 casual home tickets last season is minuscule, compared to the numbers who bought 10 away tickets. Most people going to home games have a season ticket. 

I kind of agree with you here- the 10 game thing is a totally arbitrary line and it doesn't make sense that someone who hit that magic 10 games is guaranteed a ticket and someone who went to 9 just gets pot luck. Where (I think, though apologies if I've misunderstood) is that you seem to be of the opinion it should be all or nothing- ie away season ticket or no priority over anyone else. I believe we should have stuck with the sliding scale points system and scaled down the number of points season ticket holders get. I'm not ashamed to say I think fans like KIO who trek to places like Hull and Bristol should have priority on tickets for Man U or Liverpool over someone who hasn't been to an away game ever.

It's tough because this system is a bit rubbish (to say the least) but it's hard to suggest something workable as an alternative. When I see those suggestions on here it always seems to be increase the elite group and feed everyone else their scraps. I don't like that. It just seems selfish to me.

I agree with your point about fans like KIO. What I struggle with is why they should get first choice for every game. 

9 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

It's tough because this system is a bit rubbish (to say the least) but it's hard to suggest something workable as an alternative. When I see those suggestions on here it always seems to be increase the elite group and feed everyone else their scraps. I don't like that. It just seems selfish to me.

I agree with your point about fans like KIO. What I struggle with is why they should get first choice for every game. 

I don't find it that hard- for me, the system last season worked fine, with some tweaking to the points allocated for season tickets needed.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Those that you refer to as everybody else haven’t come forward for Crawley or Burnley and should we get relegated don’t suppose they will be remotely interested in going to Rotherham or Middlesbrough on a cold Saturday night.

It does not seem to coincidental to me that for Crawley and Burnley the same numbers have bought as last year ( the last couple of games excluded ).

Had the system from last year have remained can’t think anyone would have complained as nobody complained when they couldn’t get Villa tickets. I don’t think we are an elite group but I do feel that the club will act like nothing has happened when they need our following back and our new found away fans have long disappeared.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Those that you refer to as everybody else haven’t come forward for Crawley or Burnley and should we get relegated don’t suppose they will be remotely interested in going to Rotherham or Middlesbrough on a cold Saturday night.

It does not seem to coincidental to me that for Crawley and Burnley the same numbers have bought as last year ( the last couple of games excluded ).

Had the system from last year have remained can’t think anyone would have complained as nobody complained when they couldn’t get Villa tickets. I don’t think we are an elite group but I do feel that the club will act like nothing has happened when they need our following back and our new found away fans have long disappeared.

I know you feel like your few games last season should entitle you to fist dibs on every game this season. I just don't agree.

Just now, nutty nigel said:

I know you feel like your few games last season should entitle you to fist dibs on every game this season. I just don't agree.

And the season before, the season before that and the season before that.

This is a genuine question - why do you feel people that haven’t been to away games in the last 4 seasons or so should now have the same chance to get tickets as those that went regular ? I don’t get it as surely it should therefore become a free for all and also those who attended 10 games should be made to fight for their tickets ( I don’t think they should by the way ). 

The club have upset, unnecessarily in my opinion, around 2000 people to keep happy people who only want to make the effort now we are in the premier league. The support we gave the club is being treated as irrelevant until they need it back again, then we will be bombarded again with emails stating ‘ we are all in this together ‘ something that currently seems to have disappeared.

i beleive when these meetings happen you will finally see how a large number of supporters feel about this.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Well b back said:

And the season before, the season before that and the season before that.

This is a genuine question - why do you feel people that haven’t been to away games in the last 4 seasons or so should now have the same chance to get tickets as those that went regular ? I don’t get it as surely it should therefore become a free for all and also those who attended 10 games should be made to fight for their tickets ( I don’t think they should by the way ). 

The club have upset, unnecessarily in my opinion, around 2000 people to keep happy people who only want to make the effort now we are in the premier league. The support we gave the club is being treated as irrelevant until they need it back again, then we will be bombarded again with emails stating ‘ we are all in this together ‘ something that currently seems to have disappeared.

i beleive when these meetings happen you will finally see how a large number of supporters feel about this.

I don't. Why do you feel I do?

I have never posted in support of the current system. 

I'll add my own question though. Why do you feel your games last season entitle you to first dibs on all the games this season?

Edited by nutty nigel

There’s a lot of selfishness, greed, and ‘me, me, me’ on this thread. Personally, I’d ban the glory hunters, whom are only interested in City when playing in the top flight, from acquiring a ticket - how I don’t know, but in an ideal world. And I’d make it a priority and first dibs for say that exile guy or girl who lives down in Truro to be able to get a ticket to Bournemouth away to see the team they love. Everyone’s circumstances are different - share and share alike, no one should be excluded from being able to see the team they love at least once a season just because others think they deserve every ticket going. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

There’s a lot of selfishness, greed, and ‘me, me, me’ on this thread. Personally, I’d ban the glory hunters, whom are only interested in City when playing in the top flight, from acquiring a ticket - how I don’t know, but in an ideal world. And I’d make it a priority and first dibs for say that exile guy or girl who lives down in Truro to be able to get a ticket to Bournemouth away to see the team they love. Everyone’s circumstances are different - share and share alike, no one should be excluded from being able to see the team they love at least once a season just because others think they deserve every ticket going. 

100% agree - Like I said earlier, I think a good mitigation here would to have capped the number of games priority access applied to for those who did 10 games last season but didn't have an away season ticket. Away season ticket holders, to be fair probably should have first choice on all away games - I have never been one, but I don't think away season tickets should have been scrapped. If you're willing to commit to every game then you absolutely should have access to every game.

That reward should have been tiered for those like me though, who attended lots but not every single one. Capping the priority games for non-away season ticket holders would have rewarded those who followed us a lot last season without skewing the availability for others. I hope that the other 749 are well intentioned people, as it would be very easy to exploit the access to tickets for the big games, for profit. I won't do that as it's the wrong thing to do, but more cynical people might.

To your point about exiles having access though, I messaged Kiwiscot earlier as it happens as I'm aware he lives too far away to be able to make a Premium membership worthwhile and said I would help make sure he could get to at least one game this season.

Edited by kick it off
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, kick it off said:

100% agree - Like I said earlier, I think a good mitigation here would to have capped the number of games priority access applied to for those who did 10 games last season but didn't have an away season ticket. Away season ticket holders, to be fair probably should have first choice on all away games - I have never been one, but I don't think away season tickets should have been scrapped. If you're willing to commit to every game then you absolutely should have access to every game.

That reward should have been tiered for those like me though, who attended lots but not every single one. Capping the priority games for non-away season ticket holders would have rewarded those who followed us a lot last season without skewing the availability for others. I hope that the other 749 are well intentioned people, as it would be very easy to exploit the access to tickets for the big games, for profit. I won't do that as it's the wrong thing to do, but more cynical people might.

To your point about exiles having access though, I messaged Kiwiscot earlier as it happens as I'm aware he lives too far away to be able to make a Premium membership worthwhile and said I would help make sure he could get to at least one game this season.

Many good points, KIO - my favourite being that you are willing to help out Kiwiscot so he can get to a game, that’s a really nice touch pal 👍. I will be going to Palace, I know this already, and Southampton I hope will go to general sale, ironically I live on the ‘doorstep’ of Bournemouth but I’ve got no chance of getting a ticket for that. So I’m confident I’ll get some games in. But for some people, like Kiwiscot, I’m concerned that some genuine supporters of our club will miss out entirely this season, and I think that would be a real shame. Good on you, KIO 👍

Great posts from Alex and KIO. And brilliant to see how KIO is helping out Kiwi.

I don't know how the system could be worked but it seems fair to me that if a fan did 8 games last season then that loyalty would entitle them to 8 games this season. Then the fan who did two games last season may get to two games this season.

I can't see anything fair about someone who did 8 games last season getting double that this season. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks again by the way which gives me a backup if I fail to get a match from a general sale, and it certaintly allows for more planning to be done outside of games being moved for Sky of course.  Bit embarrased really, but its nice to have options.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KiwiScot said:

Thanks again by the way which gives me a backup if I fail to get a match from a general sale, and it certaintly allows for more planning to be done outside of games being moved for Sky of course.  Bit embarrased really, but its nice to have options.

Don’t be , you were at Preston last year so you deserve to get to some games this year, I’m sure between us pinkun posters we can sort you out! I’ll be going to most of the games in the North & midlands but doubt if I’ll make many in London or the S Coast if you fancy flying down there !

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KiwiScot said:

Don't be - Theres not many games up North outside of the big boys, and you already said you couldn't make Burnley. That was why I offered, as at least you can definitely get to one. I'll certainly not get to all the northern games so it seemed silly for you to have to pray for a general sale on the 2 or 3 northern games that might get that far, whilst I would have access to a solution for that.

Great to see fans offering to help others, I've certainly been helped twice already this season for home games.  The conundrum for the club is how to please the demand for tickets for everyone and they can't do it - it isn't possible. BUT - for away matches there is a solution based on the way they are earmarking 750 tickets for those who attended 10 matches or more - and that is to offer another tier for those who attended 1-9 matches. 

Tier 1)  10 + matches

Tier 2)  1-9 matches

Tier 3)  Everyone else

It would mean that those who haven't been to any away matches in the previous season and are only wanting to go because we are suddenly in the PL, don't get preference over those who have. The 1-9 group would be pretty large, but at least it is a bit fairer - and cuts out the glory hunters and those who are jumping on the PL bandwagon.

No system is totally fair, but I cannot see the fairness in the present system that does not reward match goers over johnny come latelys. 

• Like 2

Sounds like a reasonable proposal. Perhaps increase the threshold to 2 games, to make it that bit less straightforward for the touts and other system-gamers 

Having said that I only made 1 game last year (life...) and still had my Burnley ticket come through the door this morning . See you all at Turf Moor!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, GenerationA47 said:

Sounds like a reasonable proposal. Perhaps increase the threshold to 2 games, to make it that bit less straightforward for the touts and other system-gamers 

Having said that I only made 1 game last year (life...) and still had my Burnley ticket come through the door this morning . See you all at Turf Moor!

We'll be there - Wonder if they've replaced the wooden seats since last time I went (circa 2011). I presume they must have done.

• Like 1

It's hard to get the priority groups to be fair. In reality anything less than 12 is still less than half last seasons games. If loyalty derived from last seasons games is to be used as the yard stick then it should cut both ways. The only fair way I see of this happening would be to remain in the priority groups until the games equal those that set you apart. From that point I think it would be fair to step down and join the general scrum.

• Like 1

A friend who supports Watford told me that home ST holders who fail to attend 2 or more home games this season and don’t notify the club in advance will be unable to renew their ST next year. Just wondering whether this is a problem at Carrow Road?

https://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/17835903.watford-asked-season-ticket-holders-inform-unable-attend-matches/

25 minutes ago, kick it off said:

We'll be there - Wonder if they've replaced the wooden seats since last time I went (circa 2011). I presume they must have done.

Never been, which is a big part of the pull. Wooden seats sounds quaint - and possibly will feel less attractive after 2 hours.

i reckon it will be a good contest. 

with relatives in Manchester it should be an excellent  weekend.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

I don't. Why do you feel I do?

I have never posted in support of the current system. 

I'll add my own question though. Why do you feel your games last season entitle you to first dibs on all the games this season?

Hi

Never mentioned all games, but I do think some of my previous track record should have seen me being above the rest for at least a couple of the bigger games especially as there is a charge and the tickets gained so far I would have got without the £50 fee which completely goes against the clubs argument that they have had to do it this way as the £30 fee for tickets will up demand, if they were £60 the same games would sell out as it’s because who we are playing and where, not the cost.

In answer to your question there are an awful lot of reasons why I feel there is a group that should get priority for at least 2 of the more desired games. Here are a few

1. I won’t sell my ticket on it will be for my use only

2. £50 paid surely means I am entitled to some better away games

3. A home supporter will not have my seat

4. I am guessing that god forbid if we are relegated suddenly the club will want to offer me tickets again for away games and will be emailing me again every week with the slogan ‘ we are in this together ‘

5. These new found supporters will all disappear when we get relegated or they get bored

6. There was never a mention of this last season and we were pressurised into buy a membership or don’t get a decent away game, not thank you for your support amongst the empty seats at Birmingham, Boro, Reading ect

7. People wouldn’t have to quee up from midnight as if it was the FA cup final

8. I wouldn’t have had to work out a way around the system

9. Nobody would have complained had the system remained unaltered whereas this system has resulted in a large quantity of complaints as it seems for whatever reason for the first 2 games few if any of the group that travelled away for a number of games managed to get tickets and were laughed at by those that were travelling for the first time.

O I forgot another important one

Most clubs have loyalty point schemes which totally goes against the club stating our old system was outdated and most now operate this system

20 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

Never made it to general sale then. Noted.

It did get down as far as season ticket holders so not all who could have got one under the membership scheme scooped them up.

Edited by TIL 1010