Sign in to follow this  
CDMullins

Burnley Tickets

4 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Now what if home season tickets worked like this  You pay £50 up front and then buy individual match tickets for the games you want to see. You don't make any commitment other than that £50 which made you part of the ring fenced elite that allowed you first dibs on tickets for every game. 

That doesn’t sound nearly elitist enough for me.

could we have different seat colours so everyone knows you are elite and special? 

6 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Now what if home season tickets worked like this  You pay £50 up front and then buy individual match tickets for the games you want to see. You don't make any commitment other than that £50 which made you part of the ring fenced elite that allowed you first dibs on tickets for every game. 

So...the current home membership scheme?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, king canary said:

So...the current home membership scheme?

No.

Kingo, can you confirm your date on Rays Funds?

4 minutes ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

could we have different seat colours so everyone knows you are elite and special? 

Yes. The elite get yellow and obviously an envious shade of green for the great unwashed...

Let's be blunt about who this new system benefits the most- 'fans' who are more interested in who Norwich are playing rather than Norwich.

There is no shady 'elite' group selfishly locking others out of away games. Nobody was locked out last season, or the season before. If these fans just wanted to experience an away atmosphere they could have gone to QPR, Brentford, Reading, Millwall (all quite accessible from Norwich) if they'd have wanted to. Instead, they've all come out of the woodwork the second they can do a day trip to West Ham, Arsenal or some other glamour location. I think we used to call those types of fans plastics but now they've been reinvented as some form of poor excluded group locked out by those who selfishly hoarded all the tickets by going to places like Loftus Road or St Andrews.

1 hour ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

could we have different seat colours so everyone knows you are elite and special

Not required. People only need to look at you to realise you're "special".

41 minutes ago, king canary said:

Let's be blunt about who this new system benefits the most- 'fans' who are more interested in who Norwich are playing rather than Norwich.

There is no shady 'elite' group selfishly locking others out of away games. Nobody was locked out last season, or the season before. If these fans just wanted to experience an away atmosphere they could have gone to QPR, Brentford, Reading, Millwall (all quite accessible from Norwich) if they'd have wanted to. Instead, they've all come out of the woodwork the second they can do a day trip to West Ham, Arsenal or some other glamour location. I think we used to call those types of fans plastics but now they've been reinvented as some form of poor excluded group locked out by those who selfishly hoarded all the tickets by going to places like Loftus Road or St Andrews.

Really? Well the way I see it everyone pays £50. Some are getting every ticket they apply for, while others enter a scrum for the tickets the elite don't want.

Apparently the answer to this is to put more fans in the elite group.

I try to go to one away game a season and would quite like to go to big games, derbys and big clubs, but realise in any season these tickets are difficult to get and usually go for a lesser team we're more likely to beat and northern. No way I'm paying £50, but hopefully I can find a game that fits the bill and lasts to a general sale(I'm busy the day of the Burnley game otherwise ideal).

If it was easier I'd like to go to a big game. The last playoff final comes to mind though. I think you were buying memberships that year? I managed to get a ticket for that no problem and probably would not now.

Edited by KiwiScot

35 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Really? Well the way I see it everyone pays £50. Some are getting every ticket they apply for, while others enter a scrum for the tickets the elite don't want.

I think the answer is some form of sliding scale points based system. Maybe you get, I dunno, 50 points per away game attended. Would never work though...

5 minutes ago, king canary said:

I think the answer is some form of sliding scale points based system. Maybe you get, I dunno, 50 points per away game attended. Would never work though...

No it wouldn't work.

I just don't get why for zero commitment, financial or otherwise one fan gets such preferential treatment over another. And as I said the answer always seems to be to add to the priveleged group.

44 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Well the way I see it everyone pays £50. Some are getting every ticket they apply for, while others enter a scrum for the tickets the elite don't want.

The way I see it is that people who couldn't be arsed to go to places like QPR, West Brom or Reading suddenly want to go now it is glamorous locations like Old Trafford, The London Stadium and Anfield.

We see it every time we're in the Premier League. People who've not bothered to set foot inside Carrow Road or follow the team away suddenly begging for tickets when Man U or Arsenal come to town. Each to their own but I don't like the club actively embracing that to make more money at the expense of those who could be bothered.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

No it wouldn't work.

I just don't get why for zero commitment, financial or otherwise one fan gets such preferential treatment over another. And as I said the answer always seems to be to add to the priveleged group.

It would work because it did work.

So attending 8 or 9 away games is 'zero commitment financial or otherwise?'

Edited by king canary

56 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I went to Hull on a Tuesday night in November in swirling wind and driving rain, to watch a 0-0. I made a 300 mile round trip to Bristol, and 200+ mile round trips to places like Wigan, and Bolton. I also made a 400 mile round trip to be there for the parade and several home games during the season.

I don't consider myself to be "better" or more of a supporter than anyone else, I know not everyone is able to do that, but I do think that kind of effort deserves to be rewarded and I don't feel at all bad about having priority access. This membership scheme isn't about making it fair for those that can't afford to go regularly etc, in fact it has quite the opposite effect as all it does is put another financial barrier in for those people.

Given the system in place, I actually think the fairest way to have done this would be to cap priority access to 5 or 6 games. That way those fans that put the miles in last season would be rewarded, but those who have premium membership would have a better chance of tickets.

That's not to say that is the fairest way of all, but within the constraints of the system that is in palce, I think that kind of mitigation would have helped.

Edited by kick it off
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, king canary said:

I think Nutty is arguing about Premium membership vs general sale rather than the 750 priority access vs premium; although that wasn't clear to me either initially.

Edited by kick it off

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

For the previous season. Not for this season.

Away season ticket holders had to commit to go to at least 20 games or they would lose their privelege. The same rights are now given to fans who pick and choose their way to less than half the games of the previous season.

19 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Away season ticket holders had to commit to go to at least 20 games or they would lose their privelege. The same rights are now given to fans who pick and choose their way to less than half the games of the previous season.

Ah OK - so the issue is with those in the 10+ group from last season being in the same tier as away season ticket holders?

I'm an exile who can't get to away games anyway, so I'm completely unbiased here, but I think the complaints of Kick It Off and King Canary are completely justified.

It's not fair that fans who went to several away games last year are being pushed to the back of the queue by fans who only now want to go to away games because we're playing 'big teams'. Other businesses reward loyalty, and pretty much all football clubs distribute away tickets amongst those who have attended the most games when supply is limited, such as cup finals. This also helps sell out allocations for less popular games because fans know they need to attend in order to get first dibs on the tickets for big games. These fans earn the right to get tickets to the big games when demand is larger than the supply. 

How would season ticket holders feel if the concept of a season ticket was scrapped, all tickets were immediately general sale (provided you pay £50 at the start of the season) and people who haven't attended a game in years are now getting tickets ahead of them? I think they'd be pretty pissed off.

• Like 4

This was my point. You can't get a home season ticket with the seat always there for you if you want it but you just pay for the ones you choose to go to.

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I'm an exile who can't get to away games anyway, so I'm completely unbiased here, but I think the complaints of Kick It Off and King Canary are completely justified.

It's not fair that fans who went to several away games last year are being pushed to the back of the queue by fans who only now want to go to away games because we're playing 'big teams'. Other businesses reward loyalty, and pretty much all football clubs distribute away tickets amongst those who have attended the most games when supply is limited, such as cup finals. This also helps sell out allocations for less popular games because fans know they need to attend in order to get first dibs on the tickets for big games. These fans earn the right to get tickets to the big games when demand is larger than the supply. 

How would season ticket holders feel if the concept of a season ticket was scrapped, all tickets were immediately general sale (provided you pay £50 at the start of the season) and people who haven't attended a game in years are now getting tickets ahead of them? I think they'd be pretty pissed off.

Exactly.

Lets say we got to a cup final this season- after season ticket holders got their tickets, is it fair for the remaining allocation to just go on sale to anyone who will pay £50 for membership, regardless of whether they've ever set foot inside of Carrow Road?

8 minutes ago, king canary said:

Exactly.

Lets say we got to a cup final this season- after season ticket holders got their tickets, is it fair for the remaining allocation to just go on sale to anyone who will pay £50 for membership, regardless of whether they've ever set foot inside of Carrow Road?

No but I don't think anyone has suggested that.

Another question..

Why is there no elite group for casual home tickets?

Just now, nutty nigel said:

No but I don't think anyone has suggested that.

Another question..

Why is there no elite group for casual home tickets?

Because that is what season ticket holders are.

But I fear we're getting into one of those things where we're talking at crossed purposes. Your issue seems to be the people with 10+ games last season being put into the same group as away season ticket holders. I can see your point on that one.

My issue is with lumping those who go to 6 or 7 away games in with those who've gone to none. 

• Like 1

Well I got my ticket for Burnley this morning, thanks to a very understanding ticket office team who swapped my home priority membership for an away one, me having realised I was not going to get any joy getting home tickets through the home membership scheme.

Also thanks to the elite, or the not so elite, for not wanting to travel to what could be one of the best games of the season for us. 

Gives some of us mere plebs the chance to cheer us on. 

3 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Well I got my ticket for Burnley this morning, thanks to a very understanding ticket office team who swapped my home priority membership for an away one, me having realised I was not going to get any joy getting home tickets through the home membership scheme.

Also thanks to the elite, or the not so elite, for not wanting to travel to what could be one of the best games of the season for us. 

Have I read your post correctly ? Are you now a premier away member ? Or a standard ?

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

This is not new this year though is it? More apparent perhaps but not new. Those with the most away points (ie the 750 ‘away elites’) under the old scheme were always guaranteed tickets for the games they wanted with no commitment.

All the new scheme has done in that regard is remove the advantage home season ticket holders had over casuals for away tickets. Now the priority 750 are the folks who actually attended the  most away games.

2 minutes ago, Well b back said:
6 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Have I read your post correctly ? Are you now a premier away member ? Or a standard ?

Premier, but not one of the 750.

Edited by lake district canary

8 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

It very likely isn't the 'elite' who aren't traveling. I'd wager it is the johnny come latelies who don't want to slum it in Burnley.

6 minutes ago, JB said:

This is not new this year though is it? More apparent perhaps but not new. Those with the most away points (ie the 750 ‘away elites’) under the old scheme were always guaranteed tickets for the games they wanted with no commitment.

All the new scheme has done in that regard is remove the advantage home season ticket holders had over casuals for away tickets. Now the priority 750 are the folks who actually attended the  most away games.

Yep, fair point - the other thing it has done though is removed the tiering of anyone not in the 750. Those who went to 9 away games treated the same as those who have never been to a city game. That’s where it falls down for me. They should have put in a prior purchase history clause in to the prem membership scheme to stop Liverpool fans etc from piling on.

My opinion is old system was fine and the only thing that needed to change was balancing home season ticket points with away membership points.

Edited by kick it off
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

Premier.

This means all you on standard membership can pay another £15 to become premier members as per the initial statement.

Not your fault LDC but the club said there was a deadline and they are effectively still giving out premier away memberships.