Ok, we lost away, with a makeshift team.  The most that can be said is that it gave the subsidiary players a good run out and gave the coach a look at some of the newer players in a competitive setting. 

Down side is the injury to Klose, but then we have Zimmermann who for me was one of the stand out performers last season and who will more than likely step up when fully fit.  

So we move on, the PL now the total focus, at least until January and the FA cup.  Shame for the subsidiary players not to be able to get more chances to impress until then, but the prespective is that the team yesterday was very, very makeshift - did the required dominating the ball which is the first requirement of the DF method and were close to equalising several times.

So we move on - at least those of us that want to.......it was not how we wanted things to go - but if Farke had really been totally serious about winning last night, he would not have made eleven changes.

Like I said, bigger fish to fry.

The reaction I expected from you Lakey. I agree with some of it , but like I said in the other thread...football is about confidence for a major part...and this was a nightmare for the confidence levels (the result, the injury , missed chances,...) .

This will take some good management and some resilience from the players... West Ham might come too soon...

• Like 1

Fall off your bike, get back on it right away. If you wait and mull over it you might think twice.

So, IMO, West Ham this weekend is ideal. Only a couple of players involved in the loss last night will be playing v West Ham anyway. 

2-1 to City my prediction ... OTBC! 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Fall off your bike, get back on it right away. If you wait and mull over it you might think twice.

So, IMO, West Ham this weekend is ideal. Only a couple of players involved in the loss last night will be playing v West Ham anyway. 

2-1 to City my prediction ... OTBC! 

Hope you're right Surfer !!! DF can pull it of...he's proved that in the past

3 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Ok, we lost away, with a makeshift team.  The most that can be said is that it gave the subsidiary players a good run out and gave the coach a look at some of the newer players in a competitive setting. 

Down side is the injury to Klose, but then we have Zimmermann who for me was one of the stand out performers last season and who will more than likely step up when fully fit.  

So we move on, the PL now the total focus, at least until January and the FA cup.  Shame for the subsidiary players not to be able to get more chances to impress until then, but the prespective is that the team yesterday was very, very makeshift - did the required dominating the ball which is the first requirement of the DF method and were close to equalising several times.

So we move on - at least those of us that want to.......it was not how we wanted things to go - but if Farke had really been totally serious about winning last night, he would not have made eleven changes.

Like I said, bigger fish to fry.

Sprats the spirit!......

Cant quite see why you have gone on the defensive op when there is nothing to defend. 

You seem to be predicting some fall out which I can’t see. Had Drmic had been fit last night suspect the score and result would have been different.

It was a disaster.

Games in this competition are useful in order to give game time to those in need.

The only plus is that we will now avoid an encounter with these clogger teams with their suspect timing and the fact that thyey have often caused us injuries.

More income, more games all lost in one toothless performance (commentary assessment) against L.2. Klose clobbered. Disaster. No plusses, imo.

Onwards and upwards as this game will not feature in the grand scheme of things this season ...we hope!

• Like 1

So before last nights game it was, and I quote LDC, a "Terrific line up.  Gives them all a chance to stake a claim for the PL team.  Should be a cracker tonight".

And less than 24 hours later it was just "a make shift team", nobody came close to staking a claim for the PL team and it was as dull as dishwater.

Edited by Making Plans
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

So before last nights game it was, and I quote LDC, a "Terrific line up.  Gives them all a chance to stake a claim for the PL team.  Should be a cracker tonight".

And less than 24 hours later it was just "a make shift team", nobody came close to staking a claim for the PL team and it was as dull as dishwater.

It was a good looking line up like I said and was hoping they would do well with the quality in the line up, but you can't always have what you want. But it was also a makeshift team too.  Looks like some didn't take advantage of the opportunity and if they didn't perform as Farke expected or wanted, he will have question marks over those players.

Not a night to dwell on too much, we're out of the cup and we move on.