Sign in to follow this  
Ken Aries

Jarrett and Etuhu v W Ham - good, bad or indifferent?

I didn''t go to the West Ham match (wisely?), but I just wondered what the general concensus of opinion on Jarrett and Etuhu was on Saturday. Obviously I can read all about them in the local press, but I would be interested to hear your views on their performances. Thanks in anticipation

i thought that they both looked better. they let themelves down again on some occasions but on the whole they both showed glimpses of why they have been signed. i think that we should give both of them time to settle in and play a few games before we start criricising them. yes they have been extremly poor the first few games but who apart from doherty,ashton and maybe a couple more has had a good season so far??

Although I seem to be in a minority, i though they were both okay. Not too sure about the cover provided defensively but competing and pushing forward from the middle of the park I thought they showed potential. I think our problems came when they tried to feed it out wide to our incredibly makeshift wings. Most of our attacks broke down from there, not from centre-midfield. Of the two, yes Etuhu needs to work harder, and Jarrett was the more commanding by quite a long way but on the whole, for they first time they had played together I think this partnership showed some promise. So on the whole, in answer to your post i thought that Jarrett was good, Etuhu was somewhere between good and indifferent as was the actual partnership, but this was their first game together and it will be interesting to see how they get on on Saturday, particularly with Huckerby and (hopefully, still) Ashton.

Jarrett was average but seemed to be alot more comfortable on the ball than he has been for months. He did give the ball away sloppily though on numerous occasions.

I thought Etuhu had a good game and was better than Jarrett on the whole. He played like a god compared to his performance against Preston and looked very encouraging partnered with Jarrett. Made some good bursts upfield and at times reminded me of Francis in all his glory.

Neither played badly and i think as a partnership for the next month or so there could be some promise in them.

I thought jarret was better than etuhu. Jarret was average, etuhu poor (but i will still get behind him)

A lot better than I had feared from Jarrett - especially if he doesn''t really want to be here: now is the chance to prove us all wrong though. Etuhu played well enough (certainly much better than the preston game), and there was more of the stuff that led to our goal at leicester from him.

I''d describe it in one word no more, no less - encouraging.

I''m glad to hear that there are signs of improvement from both players - about time too. Hopefully they will both be given the chance again in the Plymouth game (more than likely with so few players available), and can really start to show what they are capable of.

Jarrett - Exceedingly average to poor. Gave the ball away a number of times when under no pressure; played the ball sideways more than Ray Wilkins! Also infuritaed me by being a real jessie and pulling out of a couple of 50/50 challenges - he should take note of Flemings efforts for the cause last week.

Etuhu - Awful. Actually, he wasn''t even that good. Frequently out of position, with a poor range of passing when in possession of the ball. Has power and pace but uses neither. I still can''t believe that we''ve paid decent money for him.

I would love to be proved wrong by them both and that they both blossom into great NCFC acquisitions. However, I think that it''s more likely that Lord Lucan will turn up on Celebrity Big Brother.