lappinitup

*****Official match thread v Crawley*****

No training tomorrow I have the lot of them on early shift at a commercial laundry company so they can understand what hard work really is and what clean sheets look like. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Yellow Fever said:

Not good. Seems to me that we had no teeth at he front, no invention. Idah, Srbeny, McLean just didn't have any merits.

Kenny McLean. The ghost of Anfield. 

4 minutes ago, JUBWICKS75 said:

Still you drew the second half 😂

Still top of the league Justin? Another star on the shirt beckons.

9 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

The problem now is that those players won't get the opportunity to put it right in the next round. I think that the majority of those who played tonight would probably look perfectly decent if they were playing alongside eight or nine of our 'first' XI.

Farke doesn't tend to make many changes, and I don't see that changing much with fewer games to play in the PL. Bring 11 fringe players in and ask them to play together and you're always taking a risk.

They've certainly stuffed up their chances of a Prem runout for a while.

Last season and the season before we had 46 games, this we will have 38. Last season and the season before we went to the 4th round of the League Cup, giving good accounts of ourselves against top flight teams, while remaining relatively unchanged. This year we've changed our stating 11 and got beat by a 4th tier side. Something for DF to ponder.

Still, we did better than the binners and there's always the EFL trophy. 😉

Edited by Iwans Big Toe

Meh, it’s amother ground ticked off - really can’t get too worked up about a second XI losing in the cup.  Several players ought to have been looking to stake a claim to starting in the league but few came close.

Of far more importance is how Timm and Christoph are.  Didn’t think Zimbo was injured, thought it was more a case of ‘give him an hour’, but we’ll see.  Klose was nothing to do with coaching/not being ready, he was clattered two-footed by a guy slipping over - no intent but it could easily have resulted in a bad injury to a fully fit player.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

www.numpty.com thinks that stats are completely useless.

They are and mean absolutely jack s**t and do not win you matches, as tonight’s fiasco proved.

5 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Meh, it’s amother ground ticked off - really can’t get too worked up about a second XI losing in the cup.  Several players ought to have been looking to stake a claim to starting in the league but few came close.

Of far more importance is how Timm and Christoph are.  Didn’t think Zimbo was injured, thought it was more a case of ‘give him an hour’, but we’ll see.  Klose was nothing to do with coaching/not being ready, he was clattered two-footed by a guy slipping over - no intent but it could easily have resulted in a bad injury to a fully fit player.

Paddy seems to be the only one who picked this up as an injury in his tweet, but hasn’t really followed it up in his report.

Lets hope he called that wrong. My thinking was Zimbo was given 60 mins as part of his prep for Saturday

Edited by Van wink

1 minute ago, Van wink said:

Paddy seems to be the only one who picked up as an injury in his tweet, but hasn’t really followed it up in his report.

Lets hope he called that wrong. My thinking was Zimbo was given 60 mins as part of his prep for Saturday

Hope you're right. Missed zimbo reading the game at the back

Now Klose out for the season! Proper cursed in this damn competition! Zimm best be okay as we are completely ****ed if we have to rely on Hanley

Just now, City 2nd said:

They are and mean absolutely jack s**t and do not win you matches, as tonight’s fiasco proved.

A three-year-old knows that whoever scores the most goals wins the match.

The reality of football is it's a little more nuanced than that. Funny that all Premier League managers have to study tactics for years before they're allowed to take a job. Maybe if we let armchair pundits manage the team they'd perform better?

Hmm... maybe not.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think it’s a case of fingers crossed re Zimmo and hoping Klose is just a bruise....we have an international break coming up which may help. Edit - just seen someone saying Klose out for season? I bloomin hope not....

Actually, one guy who I thought did ok was Amadou - pacy, decent passing and looked pretty much at home.

Edited by Branston Pickle

I bet Farke is currently afflicted by the full Teutonic lycanthropy tearing some fresh ones in the away team dressing room and drowning out the aircraft down the road. He should be. 

That Alpecin washed mop should be plastered to his fevered brow as he rants like a wounded beast. 

I hope he sends them home via the Gatwick Express, tube and Greater Anglia guards carriage for that performance. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Now Klose out for the season! Proper cursed in this damn competition! Zimm best be okay as we are completely ****ed if we have to rely on Hanley

Is this true? I’ve not seen it anywhere else.

2 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

“ Out for the season” ??

Just now, Van wink said:

“ Out for the season” ??

Afraid so, Paddy Davitt just quoted Farke from the post-match presser.

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

Afraid so, Paddy Davitt just quoted Farke from the post-match presser.

The challenge didnt look too bad tho, the player slipped and crashed into klose. Hopefully zimmermann is back to play on saturday tho

Surely it was ‘he might be’ - must be too early to say anything for sure?

If Klose is out that really does call into question our seeming refusal to buy a new cb....

8 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

Hope you're right. Missed zimbo reading the game at the back

DF: 'Christoph got a hip problem. I hope that is not too bad. He was only playing 45 mins but we had to play for an hour.':classic_sad:

Just now, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Amadou at centre half??.....at least we've currently got the numbers in central midfield to compensate for that...

I think that might work if it needs to

25 minutes ago, JUBWICKS75 said:

Still you drew the second half 😂

Sorry, cant hear you from all the way down there in League One. The pure lack of self awareness that enables you to think its sensible for you to post on here is alarming.

35 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

This was the Carrabo (league cup) we have won it twice against Rochdale and Sunderland and lost to Tottenham and Villa at Wembley. So we have had cup runs!

and you are a city supporter?

In fairness though our last triumph was in 1985!

This sounds a bit more encouraging 

MB “Better prognosis with Zimmermann, who clearly felt a few bits in his first outing since the summer - but the hope is he shouldn’t be sidelined for Saturday’s trip to West Ham.

27 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Tell that to Farke, Webber and everyone running the club at the moment.

I’m sure they all know that already. You seem to have difficulty in remembering everything! Is it an illness? You really think stats are important. As I said they mean jack s**t.