lappinitup

*****Official match thread v Crawley*****

2 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

It's a poor result? Ok we will worry about a cup rather than keeping the main team fit and stay in the prem shall we? Morons on here make me laugh

Unfortunately in a full season you will not keep all first team players fit. Unfortunately one of the rabble playing tonight, (and let’s face it they were a rabble tonight) has fill in! Nothing moronic about that at all!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Did anyonce come out of this with any credit?....Amadou display enough to be in the 18 on Saturday?....was the plan that Zimmerman was always only playing 60 mins?.....could he be back for Saturday?

....a good evening for our 1st XI...

From what I could follow on radio stream...not ready for XI unless we changed our system. 

Just now, WD40 said:

It’s interesting how in the past prem seasons we have fairly content with going out early to ‘focus on the league’. Now with the squad as it is and what we consider as depth, it is a disappointment. In a way it’s a marker of how things have changed. 

Yeah, this is a fair and rational post.

On another note, I'm really pleased that we've finally put in a properly dreadful performance to give our serial moaners hope that we might yet have a truly miserable season. The injuries to the centre backs will also offer plenty of potential for whingeing about how we didn't spend enough money over the summer.

If only we'd have pulled out the stops and gone for Alan Pardew, imagine where we could be now.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

21 shots, 4 on target, only 2 on target for them

www.saddo.com has norwich running 7.81% more tha Crawley at a slightly higher speed 6.37mph against 6.21 mph, with average passing speed likewise faster

and City outfield players covering on average 42.38sq yards more than Crawley

which if football was a fair game would mean we should be the winners

football needs to become more 'fan' friendly and abandon this old fashioned idea that games are decided by the number of goals scored

• Haha 1

Just now, Making Plans said:

25 years?

I go back a lot more years than 25 and we were usually a pretty good cup team

Well yeah, we got to the FA Cup semis in '89 and '92 but what cup runs have we had in the last 25 years? 

Pound for pound, I'd say there are very few teams in the Football League who have a worse cup record in that time.

Sorry. But that is an absolute disgrace and not just the match. 

Match fitness is an excuse. They are paid a fortune to be fit and to be ready. 

The physios are paid to have players ready. 

Roberts vs Cantwell for the shirt, don't make me laugh. Todd, like other first teamers WORKS. 

Like I said earlier Farke can keep this bunch under his thumb all season off the back of this when they ask why they don't make the team or squad. 

In the Championship it's weekend and midweek but in the EPL games are sparse and we needed this cup. 

And it's Crawley. One of the very few Farke no-shows and national humiliation for a Premier League Club. 

THERE ARE NO EXCUSES! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Clint said:

Changing the team completely was always a risky strategy as already pointed out, our game is about moving the ball quickly and having an understanding with the other players.

We literally just threw 11 people together today so it was never going to be a seamless transition. We needed a bit of magic from someone and much better defending from set pieces (sadly, as always). Neither happened.

They haven't just met. They do train together. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

www.saddo.com has norwich running 7.81% more tha Crawley at a slightly higher speed 6.37mph against 6.21 mph, with average passing speed likewise faster

and City outfield players covering on average 42.38sq yards more than Crawley

which if football was a fair game would mean we should be the winners

football needs to become more 'fan' friendly and abandon this old fashioned idea that games are decided by the number of goals scored

www.numpty.com thinks that stats are completely useless.

2 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Well yeah, we got to the FA Cup semis in '89 and '92 but what cup runs have we had in the last 25 years? 

Pound for pound, I'd say there are very few teams in the Football League who have a worse cup record in that time.

And 59

2 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

Unfortunately in a full season you will not keep all first team players fit. Unfortunately one of the rabble playing tonight, (and let’s face it they were a rabble tonight) has fill in! Nothing moronic about that at all!

Philip heise is utter turd. People crying on here like it's a season defying cup game.. I know you wont have full 11 all season long but it's better than risking them for a cup you will hey hardly any money if you win compared to staying in the prem and laying our foundations further

The apparent lack of depth in our squad is certainly a concern. These guys should have been fired up ready to stake a claim for a place in the Premier League 11, as it is their stock has taken a pretty significant plummet. The worrying thing is, we're not going to stay in the Premier League on the shoulders of just 11 players; the squad needs to do its bit. On tonight's evidence, they can't.

It'll be interesting to see how the Under 21s get on against these. That'd be a real humiliation to the professionals out there tonight if they get a result.

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Not surprising?? IT WAS ****ING CRAWLEY.

Lower league teams often do well in cups. I'll never forget Shearer's reaction after they'd played Conference league Stevenage & managed to scrape a draw; he was threatening to 'do' one of the Stevenage players. It was hilarious.

Giant killing & cup upsets are what make such competitions interesting. The lower league teams often play out of their skins, & often in a way the 'better' team isn't used to.

We were on a hiding to nothing, & nothing was what we got. Much more concerned about Saturday's game.

Just now, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

And we won the League Cup twice, too.

But none of these are in the recent past or the timeframe I mentioned.

I think your comment was "never"

I watched it on the wireless.

Sounded like crap commentary or lack of urgency.

Not sure which.

Just now, Ward 3 said:

Philip heise is utter turd. People crying on here like it's a season defying cup game.. I know you wont have full 11 all season long but it's better than risking them for a cup you will hey hardly any money if you win compared to staying in the prem and laying our foundations further

Let's be honest, Mario Vrancic looked utter turd for his first couple of months here. Stiepermann wasn't much better. Couldn't we give him time enough to adapt to the system before we hang him out to dry? I know he's been here since January, but he's barely played and we're comparing him against Jamal Lewis.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

This was the Carrabo (league cup) we have won it twice against Rochdale and Sunderland and lost to Tottenham and Villa at Wembley. So we have had cup runs!

and you are a city supporter?

2 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

The apparent lack of depth in our squad is certainly a concern. These guys should have been fired up ready to stake a claim for a place in the Premier League 11, as it is their stock has taken a pretty significant plummet. The worrying thing is, we're not going to stay in the Premier League on the shoulders of just 11 players; the squad needs to do its bit. On tonight's evidence, they can't.

It'll be interesting to see how the Under 21s get on against these. That'd be a real humiliation to the professionals out there tonight if they get a result.

The problem now is that those players won't get the opportunity to put it right in the next round. I think that the majority of those who played tonight would probably look perfectly decent if they were playing alongside eight or nine of our 'first' XI.

Farke doesn't tend to make many changes, and I don't see that changing much with fewer games to play in the PL. Bring 11 fringe players in and ask them to play together and you're always taking a risk.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Let's be honest, Mario Vrancic looked utter turd for his first couple of months here. Stiepermann wasn't much better. Couldn't we give him time enough to adapt to the system before we hang him out to dry? I know he's been here since January, but he's barely played and we're comparing him against Jamal Lewis.

I ain't comparing him to nobody. Just saying hes turd. At least the others you quoted worked and tried hard

3 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

This was the Carrabo (league cup) we have won it twice against Rochdale and Sunderland and lost to Tottenham and Villa at Wembley. So we have had cup runs!

and you are a city supporter?

These weren't in the last 25 years.

Are you not a City supporter, do you just have a bad memory, or did you just not read my post properly?

Edited by Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

The problem now is that those players won't get the opportunity to put it right in the next round. I think that the majority of those who played tonight would probably look perfectly decent if they were playing alongside eight or nine of our 'first' XI.

Farke doesn't tend to make many changes, and I don't see that changing much with fewer games to play in the PL. Bring 11 fringe players in and ask them to play together and you're always taking a risk.

Exactly this, for Christ's sake.

• Like 1

If I was Farke I'd be putting at least one of our Under 23 squad on the bench Saturday to send out a message like he did when playing Max Aarons. 

1 minute ago, Ward 3 said:

I ain't comparing him to nobody. Just saying hes turd. At least the others you quoted worked and tried hard

I think that Vrancic looked like a total passenger for his first couple of months with us. And if Heise does turn out to be hopeless, you can't win them all. From what I saw in pre-season I thought he looked like a weak link, so I'm not saying I think he's quality or anything.

Look at all the players Farke has brought in from the German leagues; only Franke was a failure, and he only played about four games before we jettisoned him.

3 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

www.numpty.com thinks that stats are completely useless.

perhaps you could point us all to one bar the score that has any relevance

as we both know they don't as they are nothing more than useless **** collated to over excite those with mild autism

as there is no 'control' to measure any of this nonsense against then it is worthless guff

a shot that skims the bar is treated as the same as one hitting row z

a shot straight at the keeper is treated as the one handed save Krul made at short range on Sat

a long range punt upfield that hits a fellow player is treated as the same as a perfectly placed cross field ball

a defender who marked an excellent player out of the game will show up worse than a defender playing against a team defending a 1-0 lead......by the buffoonery you swallow

9 minutes ago, ricardo said:

I watched it on the wireless.

Sounded like crap commentary or lack of urgency.

Not sure which.

sat in the shed ?

"I never hud that fella pucki once"