lappinitup

*****Official match thread v Crawley*****

Great lineup, and I think what the majority of us wanted.

11 changes though! Should be a good runout 

Wow!  100% different line up from Saturday.  And it still looks extremely competitive!  We've come a very long way in a very short space of time.  

The inclusion of both Zimm & Klose suggests Farke is keen to keep Hanley in the starting line-up for West Ham 🤔😮

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jools said:

The inclusion of both Zimm & Klose suggests Farke is keen to keep Hanley in the starting line-up for West Ham 🤔😮

Or,

he wants to give both some much needed match time ready for Saturday. Especially good news that Zimmerman is starting

8 minutes ago, Jools said:

Don’t mind that. Keep Hanley motivated to keep fighting, and if he has another poor game then he is unlikely to cause dressing room trouble as he has himself to blame. And meanwhile Zimm and Klose build up their minutes and preparation for the prem. Post international break will be a good opportunity to regroup. 

• Like 1

Just now, Hairy Canary said:

Or,

he wants to give both some much needed match time ready for Saturday. Especially good news that Zimmerman is starting

Well, I hope so, HC 👍

The fact that Hanley has been directly responsible for at least three goals conceded in just three matches is a concern.

• Sad 2

Strong team. Looking forward to see how Idah does. 

And can we just drop this Hanley thing for one game? He's not even playing FFS.

• Like 4

Can’t remember the last time we made a full 11 changes. Shame there is no stream for this, interesting line up, I was expecting Timm to play but very surprised Zimbo’s starting, great news!

2 minutes ago, AJ said:

Really keen to see what Idah can do!

I'm more interested in seeing what Amadou can do -- He is, after all, going to be playing a vital role this season, whereas Idah is mostly going to be fielded in Cup ties. 

2 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Can’t remember the last time we made a full 11 changes. Shame there is no stream for this, interesting line up, I was expecting Timm to play but very surprised Zimbo’s starting, great news!

Farke did say he may be fit for West Ham....so fingers crossed for tonight

I got the feeling from DF"s comments yesterday that he"s pretty pleased with what he's seen from Amadou in training so far (re. both positions. )

• Like 1

I love the formation - it's kind of what I was thinking of for the 1st team if Amadou can operate as DM and CB - A back 3 come 5 with the full backs and then space for 2 of both Vrancic / Mo / McLean / Trybull as a more offensive midfield beyond. Not so open at hr back but without handicapping our attacking play.

4 minutes ago, Jools said:

I'm more interested in seeing what Amadou can do -- He is, after all, going to be playing a vital role this season, whereas Idah is mostly going to be fielded in Cup ties. 

True, I'm very interested to see him in action too. Just fascinated by our stream of youth at the moment!

Is the formation derived by journalists from when the teamsheet is put in or is it actually stated what position they are playing? I have no idea but I had just assumed the formation was a guess by the media?

The formation is usually a guess, I believe they are just given the names and numbers. It'll be our normal formation tonight

Anyone got a link to commentary? Ifollow is a shambles and match commentary hasn't yet clicked in, despite the match having started.

Just now, kick it off said:

Anyone got a link to commentary? Ifollow is a shambles and match commentary hasn't yet clicked in, despite the match having started.

its on radio norfolk