Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

Robinson - 4 broken ribs and a punctured lung!!!!!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/norwich/4588854.stm

Have i missed something here? Did anyone else know about this?

I think the move will probably go through anyway but it does go to show

the folly of playing him when he was injured the other week, hindsight

notwithstanding.

he is out till march injured, we are planningfto pay 300,000 for him and apparently his contract is up in the summer. If we got promoted he would be useless in the premiership.  he is 29 years old and very average.

£300,000 sounds like a waste of money. surely it is better put towards a younger player

In my view, crass decision to play robbo, a clearly knackered charlie and dicko out of posi on right side, when we had fresh players on the bench and could have played 4-4-2 against preston. match was very one sided consequently.

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]In my view, crass decision to play robbo, a clearly knackered charlie and dicko out of posi on right side, when we had fresh players on the bench and could have played 4-4-2 against preston. match was very one sided consequently.

[/quote]

i was thinking pretty much the same

we had spillane and jarvis there, two young prospects who can play in-midfield, they will only improve if they get experiance, so why not use them?

Either the injury report or the report that we are buying him is wrong. We would not buy a player who is out till march ,we cant afford too and i can understand that we would buy him cos worth loves him, robinsons been in the paper saying he loves it etc.

I personally think we should go for someone a bit better, idiakez, bircham etc but thats my opinion.

I think it probably happened during the game, after deliberate targeting by Preston. No way would he have played from the start with that injury.

I agree with Old Boy - I can''t see that anyone would have played with the injury as bad as it was, he did take a pretty heavy knock early on v Preston (which I am convinced was deliberate) which must have made it much worse.

sorry old boy, not being clear. i meant that he played the other week with a fractured rib, and had to come off within 20 minutes. i hadn''t heard subsequently that 1 fractured rib had become much much worse than that.

if you ask me he was targetted. looks like a silly decision to have played him with said injury, whether he was targetted or not!

I agree a1. Worthy seems to rely on players telling him whether they''re fit or not (e.g. Ashton''s head), and Robinson is going to want to play if he thinks his contract hinges on it.