Sign in to follow this  
TwoSheds

Injuries,injuries & more flaming injuries, but why??

So why so many injuries last season & this season? 

Who or what is to blame? 

Is it the pitch we play on?

The training pitch?

Is it wrong training methods?

Is it the type of players we have ?

I really am at a loss as to why so many bloody injuries we have had over the last two seasons.

Any ideas?

Could it be the boots they wear nowadays, blades etc. Gone are the good old fashioned 6 screw in studs.

It would be interesting if a survey was done as to the boots worn and the injuries received.

Perhaps its easy to get a sick note from the Cosy Colney Medic?

Go back to using St James'' Hill and Hemsby dunes for Stamina, you would have never seen Forbes and Stringer whinging about "tweaks".

The only player who looks like he could survive a tackle in the team is The Doc who took it upon himself to loose weight and get fitter..................

But no, we have to use Dave Carolan and his bloody computer.

Yes - it''s called sheer damned bad luck.  Look at our promotion season - hardly any injuries at all, a settled side week in week out, a winning momentum built up.  A season like this was always going to happen at some point to balance that out, it always does.

I think with ever increasing quality of the teams in the championship we should have the players to deal with such problems

[quote user="Temp the Revelator"]Yes - it''s called sheer damned bad luck.  Look at our promotion season - hardly any injuries at all, a settled side week in week out, a winning momentum built up.  A season like this was always going to happen at some point to balance that out, it always does.[/quote]

We should have improved the side since then mate, from a club who could barely afford 750,000 for hucks we have had the chance.

Before I get accused of being a KTFer, I am not pro-Worthy, nor have I ever been.  However, I firmly believe we HAVE improved our squad since then.  Not as much as I would have liked, certainly, but I still think the NCFC of today is better than the NCFC of two years ago.  The difference being the NCFC of two years ago did not have to manage with 10 players injured/suspended/away at one time.  Have a look back at that squad and take 10 players away from it ( a mix of first team regulars and reserve players) and see where we would have been........

[quote user="Temp the Revelator"]Before I get accused of being a KTFer, I am not pro-Worthy, nor have I ever been.  However, I firmly believe we HAVE improved our squad since then.  Not as much as I would have liked, certainly, but I still think the NCFC of today is better than the NCFC of two years ago.  The difference being the NCFC of two years ago did not have to manage with 10 players injured/suspended/away at one time.  Have a look back at that squad and take 10 players away from it ( a mix of first team regulars and reserve players) and see where we would have been........[/quote]

We have more players but look seriously unbalanced even with them all fit. I will agree though with 10 out of that squad there would not have been many left.

Also, Temp, in those two years the squad has gone from not being given

a cat in hells chance of winning the title and having zero pressure on

it to one that is expected to be top 3 at worst. We haven''t been able

to cope with that pressure.

However, i feel you may get lynched for suggesting the team is better now than two years ago. Three words:

Malky, Damo, Eddy.  I think they''d have a point i''m afraid, we could do with them now!

[quote user="a1canary"]Also, Temp, in those two years the squad has gone from not being given a cat in hells chance of winning the title and having zero pressure on it to one that is expected to be top 3 at worst. We haven''t been able to cope with that pressure.

However, i feel you may get lynched for suggesting the team is better now than two years ago. Three words:
Malky, Damo, Eddy.  I think they''d have a point i''m afraid, we could do with them now!

[/quote]

Yes, agreed a1, but at the present moment in time at least two of those would be unavailable.....!!!!