Sign in to follow this  
Ulf Ottosson

Time to move on People!

What really get''s my goat is people who are still criticising Worthy for giving away players.
I mean come on let''s move on there gone and personally this ruthless streak that he has should
be appauled there is not one player who left at the end of the last season who should have stayed.
Fact! Criticise him for the things he his doing wrong - we still defend too deep, we still play
too much long ball and he has signed athletes rather than footballers :

Svensson - wanted a three yr contract never going to happen at aged 32ish good rid and got a fee.
Plus a big earner off the books and would only have been backup for Ashton anyway

Edworthy - Rejected a new 2 yr deal has he wanted to match Helveg wages and have three years. No wonder Worthy told
him were to go - yes his replacements have been less than stella but MLJ is yet to play.

Danny Crow - God! Never Richard Balls has joined his band wagon - yes he looked good but he would have been
behind Ashton, Hucks, WLY, Leon, thorne, Hendo in the pecking order so would never have played. He''s done
ok at Peterbrough but seven goals in the league is hardly amazing.

Mulryne / holt - Both shown the door rightly one had lost interest one was over the hill

Jonson - Big wage earner removed and got are money back plus he was hopeless.

Roberts / macKay - Both would never have coped with the pace of the premiership and Worthy probably did both a
favour by not exposing them to it.

Then again the people now saying we should have keep Eddie, holt, Iwan etc.. were probably the same people who said
holt was past it, Mulryne too fat, Roberts is too old, Mckay too slow

Right.- and i suppose derby are paying eddy what we paid helveg...its nt the losses we care abt. its the lack of replacements! this post is factually incorrect in many different places, for instance svennson wanted 2years and we only offered one, he never asked for 3years.

and yeah jonson wouldnt have been any good in the champ, i mean come on, he was crap, and he played on the right wing, just where we have an abundance of players. and god forbid an attacking right sided midfielder, whats the point in that?

this post was just downright stupid and i really hope it was sarcasm ulf cuz god help us if fans are really thinking like worthless!

I don''t think you can criticise people for looking at NW''s past transfer record when assessing his performance. The transfer dealings in the last two close seasons are perfectly valid to consider. Agreed we need to look at what is going on now, but the past is one indicator (and only one) of how things will pan out in the future.

Just to pick up on some of your selections:

Sevensson- I''d rather have him than Thorne anyday. Never the paciest so age less of an issue. Scored some good goals. He was gutted by relegation so little we could have  done and this wasn''t down to NW it was down to Svensson wanting to go.

Edworthy- I saw MLJ at the start of the season and wondered what he has that Eddy never had. Eddy wasn''t prem class but nor are MLJ or Colin from performances so far.

Jonsson- the poor bloke was never played in his correct position so no wonder he looked poor. He hadn''t the pace for the right wing nor the skill. He didn''t want to go and publicly stated he wanted to prove to us that he is a good player. When he did play he gave everything, unlike David Bentley. NW wasted him here.

Iwan/Malky- the issue here is not their capabilities on the pitch. Iwan was the correct call but he was a talisman for the team. Good as a supersub in the Champ but wouldn''t have got a look in last year. The decision to let Malky go destroyed the centre of our defence, its organisation and determination. Letting him go along with Iwan removed the team spirit and organisation. Malky could have done a job at times against some of the Prem teams, would have been useful on the bench, would have maintained team spirit and would have been an excellent resource this term.

I don''t have an issue with your assessment of the others, but would like to add another to the list:

Helveg- another total waste. Why bring in a proven international player and not play him or get the best out of his leadership abilities. He looked very classy at the end of the season.

Maybe one day we will learn why Francis wanted to leave so badly. Perhaps he saw what was going on behind the matchday hype.

Couldnt agree more tumbleweed, His transfer record with ins anbd outs is awaful. He''s signed ashton, hucks and safri, but then every manager qwill sign 1 good player a year. I am not a radical worthy outer, but i do agree with your points tumbleweed.

[quote user="Ulf Ottosson"]

What really get''s my goat is people who are still criticising Worthy for giving away players.
I mean come on let''s move on there gone and personally this ruthless streak that he has should
be appauled there is not one player who left at the end of the last season who should have stayed.
Fact! Criticise him for the things he his doing wrong - we still defend too deep, we still play

Svensson - wanted a three yr contract never going to happen at aged 32ish good rid and got a fee.
Plus a big earner off the books and would only have been backup for Ashton anyway

Edworthy - Rejected a new 2 yr deal has he wanted to match Helveg wages and have three years. No wonder Worthy told
him were to go - yes his replacements have been less than stella but MLJ is yet to play.

Danny Crow - God! Never Richard Balls has joined his band wagon - yes he looked good but he would have been
behind Ashton, Hucks, WLY, Leon, thorne, Hendo in the pecking order so would never have played. He''s done

Mulryne / holt - Both shown the door rightly one had lost interest one was over the hill

Roberts / macKay - Both would never have coped with the pace of the premiership and Worthy probably did both a

Then again the people now saying we should have keep Eddie, holt, Iwan etc.. were probably the same people who said

[/quote]

I wish every1 would just read this and support out "team" and that includes the manager ur all doing more harm than good

[quote user="Lufbra Canary"][quote user="Ulf Ottosson"]

[/quote]

I wish every1 would just read this and support out "team" and that includes the manager ur all doing more harm than good

[/quote]

I cant support a manager that in my eyes (probably blinkered - but i used to be a big worthy fan until some of the weird decisions that started after promotion), is now ruining the side he built.  He seems so focussed on hard work and fitness he has lost sight of a balanced squad, with the right amount of workers but also quality players.  Hard work alone does not keep you in the premiership - Gary Megson found this out. 

I cant beleive a right midfielder does not play for the club - and i dont mean a striker who he thinks can play there or a full back pushed up, I see my team unable to play a 442 properly, If we dont get one then its gonna be MLJ or Hughes - so I guess its gonna be 3 men surrounding hucks for the rest of the season

The quality players are there and this summer gone we had the best chance out of all the championship sides to sign them.  It isnt so easy now.