Sign in to follow this  
Andrew Kent

WLYP

Would like to throw open a possible debate here.

I am of the firm opinion that our recent resurgence is down to the fact the l''il Macca has started matches, but also has been consistantly performing to somewhere near his best.

Now after the Crewe game, where he scored 2, Worthy came out and said that Macca frustrated him, because he couldn''t do it from the start of games. Well Worthy has now been proved wrong.

But I don''t think it was bad management by Worthy, I think his statement at the end of that game, has fueled WLYP into the performances we have seen over the last month.

I also believe he is the best option we have to partnering Deano. I think he works around him intelligently, and feeds off his flick-ons and knocks-down. But also it has worked the other way around, hence Deano banging in the goals again.

I would urge the Board to sign him up ASAP, becuase keeping him and Deano upfront together for the rest of the season  may well see us onto bigger and better things next year.

So I was wondering if other people felt the same, and can see that Macca has sparked our revival or whether they feel it stems from eslewhere???

On The Ball City!!!!

Kenty-who would like to be part of the LR''s!

I for one agree with everything you say. I think, if we get the chance, we hould sign him up again. It''s too risky not too - he''s been the catalyst. The worry remains that, if we do that, he''ll go off the boil as he''s done before (IMO).

[quote user="Andrew Kent"]

Now after the Crewe game, where he scored 2, Worthy came out and said that Macca frustrated him, because he couldn''t do it from the start of games. Well Worthy has now been proved wrong.

But I don''t think it was bad management by Worthy, I think his statement at the end of that game, has fueled WLYP into the performances we have seen over the last month.

[/quote]I though wly & Deano looked a natural pairing at the hull match.  but after, he has a quiet game and is dropped, or starts from the bench. he was on the bench against crewe, because hughesy was preferred to him even in an alien left midfield role.  worthy had to give a reason for this and wly subsequent performances after the sheffield game, because it was making him look like a fool.  wly has recaptured his form, and long may it last - yes, sign him up asap. 

Totally agree, Frodo has not only recaptured his former brilliance, but

is possibly even better - as Worthy has suggested, whether his timing

was right or not, Macca has suffered from a lack of consitency, even

during the times when he was a certain starter.  Let''s not forget

that the reason he was a certain starter was that we had few other

options!

These days he''s working harder, is making more of a nuisance of

himself, and is generally looking like a player who, if we extend his

contract, could almost be like a new signing for us!

Come on Norwich, you know it makes sense!

Andrew, I realise you have only been posting on here for a short while but, with all due respect, if you had read the posts of many W/O''s over a long time you would note that, again and again, people have cited how Worthington has failed to capitalise on the talent that McVeigh has. People have given their reasons why they feel this is the case. Now some posters have also said that McVeigh has, alone, been responsible for his inconsistency. That would be acceptable as a reason if that situation was tolerated by the manager for a much shorter period of time. That has not been the case and, therefore, the responsibility has to shift to the manager for keeping a player on board who he felt was not capable or putting out( that''s true for any player ). Some may respond to that by saying Nigel tried to unload McVeigh before this season got underway. We have subsequently been grateful that did not occur. Personally, I don''t think the statement by Worthy had any effect on the situation because, if that''s all it would have taken, then presumably it would have been done long before. I believe it''s starting McVeigh and keeping him in his preferred position. Others have said McVeigh is now working harder because his contract will be expiring. Of course, while that''s entirely plausible, it should not inspire any manager to renew the contract for any significant period of time if the manager continues to harbor  doubts. That''s his call, but I agree ( as I feel most would ) with your sentiment about keeping McVeigh at Norwich and having him start regularly up front with Deano ( or anyone should Deano depart ).

Yes I''ve always been a Paul McVeigh fan and think that he plays best as a striker or just behind the front two. I think it would be stupid to let him go. Players of his skill are rare to find!

WLY does have a habit of playing a few good games followed by some awful ones; I recall last season he was as anonymous when he came on v Spurs as any player I''ve ever seen wearing the Norwich shirt.  If his mind is on the job in hand, though, he easily has the class - long may his current form continue!

he''s a championship player.  he is not a premiership player. 

he may be very clever, but he''s simply too small.  end of

discussion.  i would wish for it to be different but unless you''ve

got the jet heels of SWP or you are still playing in the days of Pat

Nevin, Macca will never make it in the Prem.  that''s just the

reality sadly.

There''s no point in staying because when we get back into the Prem, worthless won''t play him. He''d be better moving to a club where he gets on with the manager and that manager would be prepared to play him in the Prem!

Sign him! WLY often makes runs that aren''t picked up, yet even this pulls defenders and creates space.Perhaps he felt pushed to the sidelines last year, credit to him for getting back where he belongs.Welcome back Evil Monkey & nice to see Alex H-J posting again - it''s nice that the sniping''s gotten less and old regulars return.

Think we should start singing "Give the little lad a contract" (to the tune of who the **** are man utd) He''s obviously enjoying his spell in the first team and to think he could have walked away in the summer for bugger all.