Sign in to follow this  
0peteddMMyyyy0Falseen-USTrue

Mcsheffry interest

God help us if we do buy McSheffrey. It will be another masterstroke in the transfer market from Worthy along with his brilliant summer signings.

Looks the move could be funded by a likely Ashton exit. What an investment.

[quote user="Damo for England"]

God help us if we do buy McSheffrey. It will be another masterstroke in the transfer market from Worthy along with his brilliant summer signings.

[/quote]

Yes... And the evidence for our interest is where exactly?...

" Wheres the money to come from for a bid eh Worthy. "

More like where''s the information come from ? Some 20 something no nothing with a 2.2 degree from a former polytechnic trawling through the internet in desperation to file a bit more copy.

Never mind the accuracy any tool will do to attack the manager, the club, or the board.

[quote user="Trent Canary"][quote user="Damo for England"]

[/quote]

Yes... And the evidence for our interest is where exactly?...

[/quote]

the evening news  lol  worthy - we like mcsheffrey - get a grip trent.

http://new.eveningnews24.co.uk/content/sport/story.aspx?brand=ENOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=ENOnline&tCategory=sport&itemid=NOED09%20Jan%202006%2011%3A51%3A54%3A350

[quote user="MadDan"]" Wheres the money to come from for a bid eh Worthy. " More like where''s the information come from ? Some 20 something no nothing with a 2.2 degree from a former polytechnic trawling through the internet in desperation to file a bit more copy. Never mind the accuracy any tool will do to attack the manager, the club, or the board.[/quote]

the edp mate.

personally i like mcsheffrey - he always causes us problems, and has been there player of the year- 1 million sounds a lot though.  And i am not sure he is the sort of player worthy likes anyway.  Also he is very left sided do we really need more of them? if he comes in is mcveigh off?

Does worthy hate right sided midfielders him being a left back???

|Surely it''s only sensible to start looking and making enquiries about players as Ashton or others might be sold if a decent offer comes in. It doesn''t mean he has been sold just that replacements are lined up to cover for that eventuality. Especially necessary given the short transfer window.  

good to see Danielle making a fool of himself again.... no doubt he will attempt to ersonally insult me again before thew day is through.

So thats McSheffrey for anything up to 1 million, and Cameron Jermoe for 2 million... but as the club keep telling us "ashtons not leaving"... so maybe they are hoping nigel has a big lottery win or something to finance these players..... otherwise its all heresay and the Evening news and EDP shouldnt bother wasting anyones time....

the only way we will sign the players is if deano Leaves... so Worthy can bleat "we like this chap" all he wants... he knows full well if he wants them what he''s got to do.....

time for the board to show some guts and be honest with us... something they have never shown before! and dont get me started on "pushed the boat out for hucks".. the fans signed him

jas :)

we''ve been linked to jerome, gray & now mcsheffrey, but not a right winger which should be our NO1. priority.

obviously, the rumour mongers expect deano to go and so we find ourselves constantly linked to strikers - its doing my head in!

When Worthington states we are interested in somebody who is rather expensive it usually ends right there , we like him we have made a phone call but we never seem to make the bid , much like the Ryan Taylor and Cameron Jerome stories.

McSheffrey is a pretty good player imo. better than any of our current strikers bar Ashton. However, as i transfer im not sure how much of an effect it would have on the rest of the team. if we are going to buy defenders and midfielders too then great but if we have limits i would prefere a right winger or centre mid

[quote user="Northern Canary"]McSheffrey is a pretty good player imo. better than any of our current strikers bar Ashton. However, as i transfer im not sure how much of an effect it would have on the rest of the team. if we are going to buy defenders and midfielders too then great but if we have limits i would prefere a right winger or centre mid[/quote]

I think you have said it all their Northern  " i would prefere a right winger or centre mid"  a centre mid - how many average championship ones do we have now......

A) it''s been confirmed by the club, thats where the "speculation" comes from

B) How much would he cost? id say anything up to a mill max could get him.

C) how is this an attack on worthless? i rate Mcsheffrey and would take him anyday.

D) yes he can play right wing and i believe he did so against us at start of season but dont quote me on that as im not 100% sure.

E) absolute quality signing, id be well chuffed if we could get him. quick, likes to run at players, a hucks style player i think, not out and out striker but prefers to float in from the right

F) not quite Ashton is he? No obviously not, but hes an excellent alternative, creative player which we are crying out for, and he''s scored the same number of goals as Ashton this season i think? 10? again don''t quote me but i think that''s correct. he could get us playing the right kind of football again!

I think that he''d be an excellent signing. He''s fast, skillful, scores goals and can play right midfield (cutting in, much like Cooper did when he was here on loan with us). It would certainly be good to have someone with some flair in midfield rather than a long-distance-runner like Hughes, Robinson, Jarrett or Etuhu. 

Would love to see him here too but i''d be suprised if a million was enough to prize away from coventry. I''d rate him alongside Jerome at Cardiff who is being quoted at 2.

And, while it''d be great to have a decent winger on the right, he''s very attacking and i''d fear for our defence in a 4-4-2 with hux left and ''sheff right. Zero tracking back, zero protection! We''d be even more gung ho than last year in the prem when we left gaping holes all over the pitch for the opposition to run at us. We really would need a tenacious pair in the middle who would really have their work cut out!

He would be a good addition, and would probably signal the end for mckezie or jarvis because he is not a target man and therfore not a replacement for ashton. We have

Ashton, Thorne who are target men, and then hucks, mcveigh, mckenxie, hendo, and ryan J who can play the other roles.It seems if we sign someone like mcsheffery someone else may go.

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]he''s got pace to burn and can score, and would be a good addition to the squad - but can he play right wing?  That''s the posi that needs most attention.
[/quote]

no he cant play Right Wing but he, thats not to say Worthy wont change his position, I''ll sure he''ll be... erm... wonderful there. Hey, Jim Brennan was never a centre midfielder, neither was Simon Charlton, and lets not forget the masterstroke of playing Svensson left wing and Thorne right wing!

[quote user="Matt Hudson"]

He would be a good addition, and would probably signal the end for mckezie or jarvis because he is not a target man and therfore not a replacement for ashton. We have

Ashton, Thorne who are target men, and then hucks, mcveigh, mckenxie, hendo, and ryan J who can play the other roles.It seems if we sign someone like mcsheffery someone else may go.

[/quote]

I hope hes a replacement for Mckenzie myself, I''m not a big Mckenzie fan and its clear that Jarvis has more of a future, I would love to see Jarvis break in to the team or at least moveahead of Mckenzie in the pecking order.

[quote user="Beno27"][quote user="Matt Hudson"]

[/quote]

I hope hes a replacement for Mckenzie myself, I''m not a big Mckenzie fan and its clear that Jarvis has more of a future, I would love to see Jarvis break in to the team or at least moveahead of Mckenzie in the pecking order.

[/quote]

Yep, Mcsheffery is better than mckenzie and jarvis needs a chance to shine.; Thorne is the back up to ashton so needs to stay for the moment. I''m afraid leon is the 1 who would have to go.

two posters have said he can play on the right and others say he can''t, which is it, anybody know for a fact whether he could play on the right?   When I was reading the post about him liking to run at players and come in from the right I got quite excited at the prospect of seeing this team:

Green

Louis Jean    Shackell    Doc   Drury

McSheff       Safri         Hughes     Hux

McVeigh      Ashton

very attacking I know, but that''s why you would have Hughes in there over anyone else, so he could run his guts out and Safri likes to sit and spray it anyway.  LJ and Drury like to push up and LJ has pace.  McSheff and Hux would be awesome threats down the wings and teams couldn''t afford to double up on Hux.  Long ball to Ashton could occassionally be used, but only occasionally.  Safri loves to spray it on the deck.  McVeigh likes to run at people also.   Suddenly our team that either punts to Ashton or gives it to Hux and hopes for some magic, has got loads more options.

Anyway if he can''t play on the right, once agian whilst everyone is screaming for a right winger Worthy is looking at more strikers noooooo!!

However it could as someone else said just be back up in case a crazy money offer comes in for Deano.

[quote user="a1canary"]

Would love to see him here too but i''d be suprised if a million was enough to prize away from coventry. I''d rate him alongside Jerome at Cardiff who is being quoted at 2.

And, while it''d be great to have a decent winger on the right, he''s very attacking and i''d fear for our defence in a 4-4-2 with hux left and ''sheff right. Zero tracking back, zero protection! We''d be even more gung ho than last year in the prem when we left gaping holes all over the pitch for the opposition to run at us. We really would need a tenacious pair in the middle who would really have their work cut out!

[/quote]

Could always go 4-3-3 with Huckerby, Ashton and McSheffrey as the front three with 3 more defensively minded midfielders behind, ala Safri...

All hypothetical though as a far few decisions need to be made before we see this interesting scenario come to any kind of fruition...
Incidentally, how is it a bad thing that Worthers is looking around at players to bring in if Deano goes? I''m fairly sure he''s been castigated about being slow to react, so therefore, how can he now be castigated for looking at players to bring in before the event (Ashton''s proposed farewell)? Makes little/no sense to me that... Thoughts?

+ one last query, can anyone send me links to news stories where the board have said one thing and we have subsequently found out that they lied? No examples spring to mind, but apparently there are some, because people on here refer to them..? Feel free to PM the links to me so as I can update and re-evaluate my view on our beloved board...
Cheers in advance... 

Norwich fan here:

What position is Mcsheffrey?? can he play right wing?? my mate Adi (cov fan)reckons he is a really good player. He was right about Safri!
IP: Logged
schindlers_fist Posted on 10/1 17:00Email this Message | Reply 
re: Mcsheffrey

left wing but better as a striker.

15 goal a season man at this level.

Certainly not an adequate replacement for Ashton, but a good player for about £750,000

Unfortunatly it seems Mcsheffrey is a left winger/striker!!  which is a bit of a shame.  Im sure worthy has the right midfield potentially earmarked for him, he is a striker!!

http://boards.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=885&p=16&style=2&forumId=6571&action=1&replytoid=2124277612