everyone flames me about how taking on more debt is how to get the club

into terrible financial shape, this loan looks to be one that makes a

lot of sense.  If Norwich get promoted, then the debt is fine --

we will have much more money and will be able to look forward to a

Jerome/Ashton strike force in the Prem.  If Norwich do not get

promoted, then we will have to sell Dean (no question about that) in

the summer and with the proceeds can pay off the Jerome loan and have

some money left to spare and in doing so, still have Jerome as our

prime striker who is only going to get better with each passing match.

I wonder if that''s why Nigel has said that he is both interested in

Jerome while saying that Ashton is just not for sale except at some

silly money price.  I hope they can pull off the unexpected.

Thoughts?

No way!  Do you know how much interest the club would have to pay on £2m loan? 

What if we get into the Premiership and find we have a £2m striker who is not good enough for that level and have to look to buy yet another striker?  There is no way that City should be looking to spend £2m (particularly borrowed money) on a player who has a good 1/2 season and nothing more.  He could be a flash in the pan.

Where would he fit in with Ashton.  Everyone seems to want a Ash / McVeigh front pairing.  Putting away chances should not be a problem with the strikers we have already, creating better chances is what’s needed and I would expect McVeigh to be more creative than Jerome.

As mentioned in a different post elsewhere - banks will not lend money against player sales any more, they have had thier fingers burned to badly in the past.

While on the surface what you are saying makes a lot of sense, all it takes is a career ending injury to either of them and you are scuppered - the insurance pay out would be nothing like their transfer value.  And who is to say that Jerome will turn out to be as good as we all think he will?  Lots of players look fantastic at his age, and fade away into obscurity.  Then where would that leave the club?

[quote user="Temp the Revelator"]

As mentioned in a different post elsewhere - banks will not lend money against player sales any more, they have had thier fingers burned to badly in the past.

While on the surface what you are saying makes a lot of sense, all it takes is a career ending injury to either of them and you are scuppered - the insurance pay out would be nothing like their transfer value.  And who is to say that Jerome will turn out to be as good as we all think he will?  Lots of players look fantastic at his age, and fade away into obscurity.  Then where would that leave the club?

[/quote]

You are absolutely right Temp.  It sounds like a good idea but isnt.  Unfortunatly very poor decisions have already been made this season and money wasted.  Lets hope Robinson does not become the latest in a long run of poor decisions, especially if he is out for 2 months as has been mentioned.

The saint canary has made a good point but also there is one other big reason why not.

It is that if Dean ashton stayed but then picked up a serious injury and was out for a year, he may not come back the samre player. This is why we cant spend money, when ashton is an asset who''s value good plimmet with 1 bad tackle.

TO BUY JEROME SELL GREEN.  easy peasy.  May not get the whole 2 million but not far off.  Thats if you think a striker is priority.  To be honest we have too little cover in every area bar goalkeepers.

Matt

As already said, it sounds like a good idea, but is it really?

we do have players, and i would rather see our right side sorted first, to add some balance.

Look how cheap kirsitansen went for, that could have been to us, and we still have no right side, its relied on huckerby all the time, it wont work every game, every time like that.

Easy one this

Sell Green for 2.5-2.75mill, purchase Jerome to partner Ashton

Sell Mckenzie & buy a genuine right sided midfielder to deliver quality into box for the two front men. (I appreciate several will decry selling Mckenzie, he works at this level & work ethic fantastic but won''t ever be good enough for premiership football & we need right winger to feed the new partnership to push for play off spot)

[quote user="Ankles50"]

Easy one this

Sell Green for 2.5-2.75mill, purchase Jerome to partner Ashton

Sell Mckenzie & buy a genuine right sided midfielder to deliver quality into box for the two front men. (I appreciate several will decry selling Mckenzie, he works at this level & work ethic fantastic but won''t ever be good enough for premiership football & we need right winger to feed the new partnership to push for play off spot)

[/quote]

I agree with everything you''ve said and all your priciples bar 1 thing. We will not raise enough money by selling green to fund a move for jerome. We will be lucky to get 2 million for green and it seems we will need 3million plus for jerome

I agree that the way to raise money is too sell green and i agree that mckenzie isnt good enough and that we need a right winger.