Sign in to follow this  
Canuck Canary

DAMIEN FRANCIS

is he falling out of favor at Wigan? he made a lot of apperances from the sub bench over Christmas and failed to see any playing time against arsenal in the league cup semi (he was a regular in the starting 11 throughout the fall). anyone heard anything?

Noticed in the papers that his report / rating is that he has gone missing in games when needed.Something he used to do for us. But I would rather have a part missing Francis than a vacant Etuhu. Can we get him back on loan?

[quote user="Canuck Canary"]

is he falling out of favor at Wigan? he made a lot of apperances from the sub bench over Christmas and failed to see any playing time against arsenal in the league cup semi (he was a regular in the starting 11 throughout the fall). anyone heard anything?

[/quote]

That was going through my mind recently Canuck ,  could it be that his  attitude probs have surfaced again   ?   maybe Wiganer can provide  some input ?

I seem to remember saying when he left, wigan will find out what he''s really like and they have. If they''d watced a video of the fulham game and others late in the season they wouldnt of signed the lazy t****r

[quote user="Cheeky Monkey"]Has he scored this year?[/quote]

Yep, He scorred 1 for them quite early in the season. it was a 1 yard tap in if i remember correctly.

To be honest not sure what is going on with Francis. Since the start of the season we have changed personnel in midfield. At the start of the season he was first choice but Bullard was being played out of position on the right. Since then Bullard has been moved to the centre along side Kavanagh with Teale on the right.

I do think that Paul Jewell does not seem overly impressed. He did say he was going to put him on last night when we lost McCulloch and Conolley to injury but chose to put on our new player (Sharner) instead. I know the fans are not overly impressed either. He has scored one goal this season but that was early on. His form has certainly dipped from earlier in the season.

You will be happy to know that my other half who is a Norwich fan still boo''s him when we go to a Wigan match.

[quote user="Wonder Wiganer"]

You will be happy to know that my other half who is a Norwich fan still boo''s him when we go to a Wigan match.

[/quote]

Good for her. Buy her a beer from us, Wiganer!  [D]

To be honest not sure what is going on with Francis. Since the start of the season we have changed personnel in midfield. At the start of the season he was first choice but Bullard was being played out of position on the right. Since then Bullard has been moved to the centre along side Kavanagh with Teale on the right.

I do think that Paul Jewell does not seem overly impressed. He did say he was going to put him on last night when we lost McCulloch and Conolley to injury but chose to put on our new player (Sharner) instead. I know the fans are not overly impressed either. He has scored one goal this season but that was early on. His form has certainly dipped from earlier in the season.

[/quote]

haha, thats great!

great great news, good job we sold him then [:D]

wooooooo!

we dont need him, we can get better (if worthy pulls his finger out)

althought francis must be worth 3 times andy hughes......

[quote user="AJ"][quote user="Wonder Wiganer"]

[/quote]

haha, thats great!

great great news, good job we sold him then [:D]

wooooooo!

we dont need him, we can get better (if worthy pulls his finger out)

althought francis must be worth 3 times andy hughes......

[/quote]

Thats great news, he may have been decent for us but he went missing at keys times - glad he is having such a good time at wigan. He could have at least stayed till January. I bet he aint on too much more money there either, the tossa

Yeah Damo would go missing, where was he at Fulham, but the best creative midfield/goalscorer we have seen in the last few years.  Perhaps he may have had his differences with Worthy that would be new.  I for one would like to see a player with Damo''s undoubted talents in our current side.

Then the play offs might be nearer.  Etuhu is not fit to lace Damo''s boots but where his heads at I don''t know. 

he obviously didnt want to stay for some reason, he was always liked by the fans however and a top player for us we have been unable to replace.  He could have showed some loyalty however.

"Perhaps he may have had his differences with Worthy that would be new." - Well it wouldnt surprise me...  The local newspaper were building up his departure from the moment  we went down.  Maybe they new something we didnt, or maybe he really did just want to play in the premiership.

[/quote]

If francis isnt living up to expectations (shame) put in a good word to Paul Jewell about our player of the season, he seems to want to move on and is unsettling the squad and at 1 million he would be a bargain for you.

His name is DIXON ETUHU