Sign in to follow this  
Ken Aries

GREEN to be dropped for Plymouth match??

Does anybody know the latest on Greeno''s injury? I hope Worthy drops Green for the next match and gives Ward a chance. I''m quite simply bored stiff of seeing Greeno standing between the sticks in every match. Also he''s made a fair number of mistakes this season - so it''s time for a change I think. Who knows Ward might even be able to save a penalty, should one arise, something Greeno has proved himself  incapable of doing time after time. I now await plenty of abuse for daring to criticise one of the untouchables.

For remarks like "I''m bored stiff of seeing him between the sticks..", then you may get criticised, but as you say, he has made mistakes.  If you read today''s Daily Mail, he''s off to Pompey anyway.

I''ve seen the scan/x-ray/piece of paper the doctor doodled on when he gave Greeno his sick-note...

Seriously though, if he was concussed after that incident I very much doubt whether he''ll be playing against Argyle for medical reasons - not sure what the ruling is on this but I know that if you''re knocked out in Rugby you HAVE to take time off for recovery....

[quote user="Plastic Scouser"]

I''ve seen the scan/x-ray/piece of paper the doctor doodled on when he gave Greeno his sick-note...

Seriously though, if he was concussed after that incident I very much doubt whether he''ll be playing against Argyle for medical reasons - not sure what the ruling is on this but I know that if you''re knocked out in Rugby you HAVE to take time off for recovery....

[/quote]

The same applies to jockeys so I can''t see greeno playing on Sat - leading (no doubt) to more fevered speculation!

You can criticise who you want and, yes he has made a couple of mistakes recently, but I definitely think we need a better reason than you being "bored stiff" of watching him. [:D] 

I think you are right there Paul.  I can''t help think that he has almost gone a bit "stale" and a new club could help re-ignite his career.  A change is as good as a rest.

One or two papers are running the story that Greeno could be moving to Pompey, so it seems I need not be bored with seeing him much longer. What could we expect to make on any transfer, about 1.5 million? That sort of money could be useful for Nigel''s wheelings and dealings. We shall just have to wait and see what develops.

well, his confidence has been low for a while, and he needs some time out for me, i hoep ward gets a chance, not to replace green but to let green have a break and start a fresh

besides, after that accident last game, i would like to see him sit out for a while anyway.....

Worthy must give Ward the full 90 minutes in the Plymouth game now to see if he''s good enough to be our 1st choice keeper. If Greeno really is on his way to Pompey, it''s essential to be assessing Ward''s capabilities in competitive action. If I was in  Mr G''s situation I would be keeping very quiet on my interest in moving on this time, until such times as any deal is done. I''m sure most fans are well aware of his desire to play Premiership football, but he needs to at least maintain the illusion of being totally focussed on NCFC for now.

Just seen at carrowroad.net from someone who is at colney this morning that Green is not even at training this morning.

Would he honestly be happy with a move to dull Portsmouth, hardly a step up. Ground an absolute dump. I know they have loads of money coming into the club, but he could do better. Regardless of who he moves to and whether he moves or not, he will still remain Englands fourth choice keeper.

[quote user="Smudge"]Would he honestly be happy with a move to dull Portsmouth, hardly a step up. Ground an absolute dump. I know they have loads of money coming into the club, but he could do better. Regardless of who he moves to and whether he moves or not, he will still remain Englands fourth choice keeper. [/quote]

Could he do better at the moment??  If so where?