Sign in to follow this  
Rossi

A few things to remove from my chest

1) Schwarzer will go to Pompey - Green wants out and his agent is trying to talk up moves.

2) I think Ashton will stay because I do not think a) he''s worth the asking price and b) i do not think that the board would put the money in the hands of a manager who doesnt have a great purchase history and one that two month ago was on very thin ice. Should anyone actually bid £7.5m then it would be interesting to see what happens, but the number of interested clubs is reducing everyday. At the end of the season if Nige is sacked you need assets for a new manager. If Nige gets us promoted via the play offs then we will need Ashton.

3) If a right winger is to arrive it will be McSheffrey ( we all know what Nige is like with converted forwards) to fit the 4-3-3 system

[quote user="ROSSI 46"]

1) Schwarzer will go to Pompey - Green wants out and his agent is trying to talk up moves.

2) I think Ashton will stay because I do not think a) he''s worth the asking price and b) i do not think that the board would put the money in the hands of a manager who doesnt have a great purchase history and one that two month ago was on very thin ice. Should anyone actually bid £7.5m then it would be interesting to see what happens, but the number of interested clubs is reducing everyday. At the end of the season if Nige is sacked you need assets for a new manager. If Nige gets us promoted via the play offs then we will need Ashton.

3) If a right winger is to arrive it will be McSheffrey ( we all know what Nige is like with converted forwards) to fit the 4-3-3 system

[/quote]

1) Agree, and Harrys recent comments seem to back this up

2) Agree £7.5 million is a big risk - I think a lot depends on Man City''s 10 million spending pot.

3) I posted on the coventry Rivals site to find out about Mcsheffrey - he is predominantly played up front or left wing. So I guess he is a worthy type right winger.

2)