Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Don't deal with Portsmouth City!.

Do you remember all the porkies over Francis, and the alleged dealings and offers they made for him?, that turned out not to be the case!.

Well I plead with City not to do any buisness with that club.

Whether or not Green goes, I for one, am not too bothered, I think he''s been far too ''uncertain'' of late.

But his talents are far more deserving than that club!.

I was thinking the same thing Wiz.  They messed around and unsettled Francis in the summer and they also made noises about Green as well.  Now in the last week they have mentioned the names of Ashton and Green again.

If you want a player make a bid and then go public, not the other way round.  When are the FA going to clamp on these sort of media "negotiations"?  It''s just a way of bypassing the selling club.  Instead of approaching City, Portsmouth are "talking" to Green via press reports.  Pompey say they want him, Green''s agent says he is interested in a return to the Premier League.  I really don''t understand why this can''t be classed as "tapping" up a player?

It''s not just Portsmouth, it annoys me when Worthy does it as well! 

100% support you on this, 1st T.Palace chairman, Simon Jordan, wrote an excellent piece in the Observer last week on this very topic. I don''t like Jordans media persona, but he can talk a lot of sense! He referred to Alan Pardew, in particular, and how he has been forced to apologise at least twice in recent years, after talking to the press about another teams players.Mandaric & Redknapp are both past masters of this game and deserve to be shunned. Unfortunately, if they''re the only ones at the table with money - and Green wants to go - we may have little choice!

[quote user="Fat Barman"]100% support you on this, 1st T.

Palace chairman, Simon Jordan, wrote an excellent piece in the Observer last week on this very topic. I don''t like Jordans media persona, but he can talk a lot of sense! He referred to Alan Pardew, in particular, and how he has been forced to apologise at least twice in recent years, after talking to the press about another teams players.

Mandaric & Redknapp are both past masters of this game and deserve to be shunned. Unfortunately, if they''re the only ones at the table with money - and Green wants to go - we may have little choice!
[/quote]

Don''t like Jordan either, but a good article on one of the biggest problems in the game.

I have no bad feelings towards greeno movng on - he owes us nothing, but only hope that he doesn''t jump at the first opportunity which might not prove to be the best. Would YOU want to work for Harry? I can spit backwards further than I''d trust him!

Struck a chord here wiz and with good reason. Harry and Milan are made

for each other. Love to be a fly on the wall when those two (and now mr

gay-mak) get together to talk about transfer targets.

"Right then Harry, which chairman do you want me to pretend i''ve agreed a fee with this year ..."

At least by having all that money there may be less incentive to pull all their underhand tricks out of the bag.

As for Jordan, while he behaves like a spoilt brat when he doesn''t get

things his own way, his reasons behind that behaviour are usually

sound. He reminds me a bit of  colin w - you wouldn''t believe it''s

the same man when you see him or read him as a pundit when he''s calm

and considered and not ranting from the touch line. He''s on sky

sometimes and comes across as an affable, reasonable, even softly

spoken guy.  Shame he''s such an a**e the rest of the time!

Green been a good, often great keeper for us, but for 2 milion plus I would say sell, since we have cover and potential in that department and need to strengthen in others. 

However if he did go then I hope he aspires above that bunch of pirates in Pompey. Never liked them and their new infusion of money suits their club and manager in my humble opinion!

Agree with the comments about Simon Jordan though. Use to dislike that man, but he talks sense in his Observer articles and speaks highly of the Norwich board and setup...

As a footnote to my thread, ''Arry boy'' was on Sky TV last night, and in his said interview which I watched, he stated he had no interest in Green , and there had been no contact between the clubs whatsoever!.

So IMHO someone is telling porkies then, either its Portsmouth FC, Arry Redknapp, Norwich City FC or Greeno''s agent.

Any thoughts on who''s the guilty party here, surely its not the nice media boys work again is it?.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

As a footnote to my thread, ''Arry boy'' was on Sky TV last night, and in his said interview which I watched, he stated he had no interest in Green , and there had been no contact between the clubs whatsoever!.

So IMHO someone is telling porkies then, either its Portsmouth FC, Arry Redknapp, Norwich City FC or Greeno''s agent.

Any thoughts on who''s the guilty party here, surely its not the nice media boys work again is it?.

[/quote]

.... all of ''em!!!