Sign in to follow this  
Alex Harvey-Jones

Paul McVeigh will leave!!

I have heard a number of rumours suggesting that Paul McVeigh will be leaving at the end of the season if not before. I know you can''t trust all rumours but these seem to make sense. McVeigh and Worthy don''t get on, McVeigh is only in the team because of injuries and a number of big clubs are interested. Expect him to leave especially as he is out of contract at the end of the season!

if norwich let McVeigh go, then we are more of a clown club than ipswich.....

i shall go and start watching wroxham instead!

[quote user="Alex Harvey-Jones"]I have heard a number of rumours suggesting that Paul McVeigh will be leaving at the end of the season if not before. I know you can''t trust all rumours but these seem to make sense. McVeigh and Worthy don''t get on, McVeigh is only in the team because of injuries and a number of big clubs are interested. Expect him to leave especially as he is out of contract at the end of the season![/quote]

1,  You can`t trust ANY rumours !

2,  How do you know McVeigh and Nigel do not get along ?

3, McVeigh DID get into the first team  because of injuries  initially ,  and  it was his performance at that match that led to his  subsequent inclusion in the following matches !

4,  There`s no evidence that McVeigh  has attracted any interest from other clubs !  if his recent run of form  is down to him  showboating  in order to drub up some interest prior   to his contract expiring , I`m afraid  he might skid on a banana skin !   .....  agents and managers   look for consistancy  ,  moody fluctuations in " form "   wont impress  in the least !!

[quote user="sheded"]

[quote user="Alex Harvey-Jones"]I have heard a number of rumours suggesting that Paul McVeigh will be leaving at the end of the season if not before. I know you can''t trust all rumours but these seem to make sense. McVeigh and Worthy don''t get on, McVeigh is only in the team because of injuries and a number of big clubs are interested. Expect him to leave especially as he is out of contract at the end of the season![/quote]

1,  You can`t trust ANY rumours !

2,  How do you know McVeigh and Nigel do not get along ?

3, McVeigh DID get into the first team  because of injuries  initially ,  and  it was his performance at that match that led to his  subsequent inclusion in the following matches !

4,  There`s no evidence that McVeigh  has attracted any interest from other clubs !  if his recent run of form  is down to him  showboating  in order to drub up some interest prior   to his contract expiring , I`m afraid  he might skid on a banana skin !   .....  agents and managers   look for consistancy  ,  moody fluctuations in " form "   wont impress  in the least !!

[/quote]

1) absolutely these comments sound made up to me

2)   Nigel has favorite players and mcveigh isnt one of them.  I think we can safely say that McVeigh is not entirely happy with Worthy after what has happened over the last 2 years.

3)  Mcveigh got into the team because of loads of injuries and was the managers last choice.  Even when playing well he he has been subsequently dropped this season. McVeigh probably expects to be dropped the next time he has a bad game (or worthy orders the long ball)

4) Some managers probably feel they would be able to get more out of McVeigh than worthy has been able to.  I would think they are probably right.

I dont know if you noticed but WLY was on the end of a few long balls against West Ham he didnt win many but I dont think Worthy was to worried because as he said "West Ham paid us a compliment of sending a full strength team" it had nothing to do with the fact that a cup run could be quite lucrative. 

[quote user="AJ"]

if norwich let McVeigh go, then we are more of a clown club than ipswich.....

i shall go and start watching wroxham instead!

[/quote] Mc Veigh is out of contract at the end of the season. We are powerless to do anything if he wants to go!!

i would put my house on it, shame that we all cant hear wly tell worthy to stick his contract up his gagging order, without wly, worthy wouldnt have got MoM for December, and we would be below the scummers.

i understand that delia is quite a fan of wly, maybe that could help displace worthy