Sign in to follow this  
0peteddMMyyyy0Falseen-USTrue

Players to leave more unlikely with each passing day

With each day that passes it becomes more unlikely Deano or Greeno will be leaving.

Is this good or bad news?  If no money for new players we are left with the promising Deano still trying to score from a meagre supply from our misfiring midfield.

With money from Deano we could get a journeyman big man e.g. Horsfield or Rasiak, an effective right side midfield and a creative type central midfield to work alongside Saf.  However with Saf away for a month the playoffs will seem even further away in a months time.

Deano ought to go now in the summer his stock could plummet further.  

There is a short piece in today''s Daily Mirror stating that Greeno travelled to the south coast yesterday evening for talks with Portsmouth manager Harry Rednapp. I don''t know whether the local press have mentioned this yet. If this story is true, then obviously the Green transfer could still happen.

I  dont think Worthington would spend any more on the midfield even if Ashton is sold ,he has Hughes , Jarrett , Safri, Etuhu and will also more than likely sign Robinson , thats his midfield the one he wants. If Aston is sold he will more than likely just replace him with another couple of journeyman strikers. What we need to remember is if we do get promotion again this season (very unlikely) or next players like Green and Ashton are going to be needed to try to keep us there .

I agree, but i also think there''s a different side to it. As each days passes we are less likely to replace those that are sold.