Sign in to follow this  
Rossi

agents fees

I have had a feeling in the back of my head for a while, that being that much of our dosh has been squandered on over the odds wages. It must be something that every canary fan thinks about when sitting at Carrow Rd watching players that, in all fairness, are lucky to wear the yellow and green. I''ve also often looked down at a dismal display on the pitch and then up at the new corner infill and thought are we heading backwards towards Chase mentality ?

To read today that nearly £500,000 has been paid to agents between July and December is an absolute disgrace, and I for one would like an explanation from the board. I wouldn''t have minded so much if we had been involved in a few big deals, but we haven''t, we''ve paid money to agents for players that were worse than the ones we replaced.

I accept that agents are part of the game, but to be 2nd in the agent league is, quite honestly, far from prudent.

[quote user="ROSSI 46"]

I have had a feeling in the back of my head for a while, that being that much of our dosh has been squandered on over the odds wages. It must be something that every canary fan thinks about when sitting at Carrow Rd watching players that, in all fairness, are lucky to wear the yellow and green. I''ve also often looked down at a dismal display on the pitch and then up at the new corner infill and thought are we heading backwards towards Chase mentality ?

To read today that nearly £500,000 has been paid to agents between July and December is an absolute disgrace, and I for one would like an explanation from the board. I wouldn''t have minded so much if we had been involved in a few big deals, but we haven''t, we''ve paid money to agents for players that were worse than the ones we replaced.

I accept that agents are part of the game, but to be 2nd in the agent league is, quite honestly, far from prudent.

[/quote]

I think a lot of it is fees from the premiership signings installments apparantly. 5 nearly £500,000 sounds very high however

The Pink''Un report says £438K over 27 deals - that comes an average of over £16k per transaction to me, and if this is indeed all driven by the routine loans, contract renewals and the few low-key signings we have made in simply the 6 months of july-December, you can see why the game is such a lucrative one for the agents to be in, and why they try asll they can to create change as it''s what gets them paid.

I have to say though that what I don''t understand is why the club has to make these payments rather than the player who is surely employing the agent? It''s how every other line of business I''ve been invoved in works. I know the club pays ultimately, but surely it then becomes in the players interest to make sure the agent is giving him good value for money when acting on his behalf?

Agents and their fee’s seem to me a black art to me.

If an agent works for a player, then why does the buying club have to pay anything to that agent? 

Surely the idea a player having an agent is for the agent to negotiate the best deal possible in wages, bonus etc and to my naïve way of thinking that service should be paid for by the player, rather than the buying club!

Basically the clubs are getting shafted in my opinion. The agent negotiates a higher wage from the buying club, than perhaps your average player would be able to achieve alone and then the buying club then has to pay for that service! Nice work if you can get it!

This of course could lead to the possibility of a Managers, Chief Executive being tempted by kick backs by an agent to buy a particular player in the first place.

As for agents getting a fee for loan signings, seems incredible. The loan signings is between the clubs and is not a new contract. I can only assume that the agent is involved to help settle the player into his new surroundings. Bless them delicate players. Are they incapable of finding a flat, house alone and I am sure that the clubs have various people to help in this transitions already there?

I am sure agents do provide a valuable service to their clients, but my point is let the client pay for that service! Saying that I think I might be setting up my own agency…. Like I said nice work if you can get it and put up with the delicate egos of some footballers.

I agree , "If an agent works for a player, then why does the buying club have to pay anything to that agent?"

These players earn a years wages every week and should afford to be able pay the agents from there own income.

It''s rather akin to going into Currys, buying a TV for 500 quid and then being told by the salesman that a further fifty pounds is payable to him for showing it to you, and then another twenty to Jack who took it off the lorry.

When managers say "Agents are a part of football and have to be tolerated..." well they would wouldn''t they ?  they themselves all have their own agents, probably the same man  that represents their player.

here here to those comments! in the film industry, when an actor/actress is hired their agent gets them the deal.. the Actor/actress gets a fee for the movie and then pays the agent themselves. why is football so backward?

jas :)