Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

Newell Vs the Agent

given todays news on pinkun.com about the clubs high spending on agents, and Mike Newell saying he has proof of Agents ofdfering managers "bungs" etc... how does everyone fell this will impact football?

While i admit we do moan about agents, a large quantity of them are doing their job.. and doing it well... by finding the best possible opportunity and wage deal possible for their client. im sure any of us would be pleased if someone working on our behalf was getting us a etter deal then maybe we had hoped for.

However, some Agents are only out for themselves and will resort to any underhanded tactics to get a huge payout, im sure they dont care about their clients and just want to make a quick buck.

If bungs or other forms of illegality have taken place then could this be the end for agents in football???? Surely this could be a massive shakeup that could change the transfer system, or the payouts system and football for good.

Georgoe Boateng says in todays Daily Express that many players are now turning their back on Agents for Solicitors as they can do the job for the same money and dont want the huge fees.. clubs seem far happier to deal with them....

Discuss.....

jas :)

The agents are employed by the players, so shouldn''t the players be

paying the wages of the agents and not the club! or am I being plain

stupid?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

given todays news on pinkun.com about the clubs high spending on agents, and Mike Newell saying he has proof of Agents ofdfering managers "bungs" etc... how does everyone fell this will impact football?

While i admit we do moan about agents, a large quantity of them are doing their job.. and doing it well... by finding the best possible opportunity and wage deal possible for their client. im sure any of us would be pleased if someone working on our behalf was getting us a etter deal then maybe we had hoped for.

However, some Agents are only out for themselves and will resort to any underhanded tactics to get a huge payout, im sure they dont care about their clients and just want to make a quick buck.

If bungs or other forms of illegality have taken place then could this be the end for agents in football???? Surely this could be a massive shakeup that could change the transfer system, or the payouts system and football for good.

Georgoe Boateng says in todays Daily Express that many players are now turning their back on Agents for Solicitors as they can do the job for the same money and dont want the huge fees.. clubs seem far happier to deal with them....

Discuss.....

jas :)

[/quote]

Newell is now on record  as saying he has PROOF , not only of agents offering bungs , back-handers, sweeteners etc , but  of managers and directers of clubs  practicing this corruption  on a regular basis too !    it follows  that   when / if  the FA  start their investigations  , these allegations   will be  tested   ...  I really do hope Newell   can back up his case with  proof !  because its been obvious for years that  the crooks  have  moved into football  , as they always do  when big money is involved ......

Your notion that  only some of the agents  are  out for themselves   is a little bit naive !    the truth is  that ALL agents are looking after  number one !       you REALLY think they care  about the future of  their " clients "   welfare , apart from protecting   the " merchandise "  while its  profitable?   .....  if a player on their books   gets badly injured  , or  otherwise  unable to command   any  interest from any club , they will be discarded   as soon as their fees  are not paid .... get lost kid , your an embarrassment .....

As for solicitors  taking over from agents , I think this will just exchange  one set of crooks with another set !     seems to me that   the FA should   set up  a   in-house  committee    too administer  the  affairs of all players  , independantly of club influence  .

The latest news is that Newell  is disappointed with the response to his allegations , obviously this needs  more  input from the news media ,  but the implications are that , already , the " Establishment "  are closing ranks  !    a soon as " top directors "  start feeling their collars  , in comes their lawyers to wangle   some sort of gag on the whistle blower !!    all we can hope is that Newells   disclosure will trigger   more whistle blowing  !    the gag might work on one individual , but it becomes  increasingly difficult  to gag  the many ! I hope the Express  continues  its crusade....

[quote user="John Boubepo"]The agents are employed by the players, so shouldn''t the players be paying the wages of the agents and not the club! or am I being plain stupid?
[/quote]

no your spot on, and believe it or not some agents get paid by BOTH player and club when a transfer etc goes through, its lunacy. but i imagine agents work on a sort of commision basis which they are cheeky enough to get out of the club as a way to get the player to save money and sign.