Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Ipswich to hire new clown!!

At least people like this arent involved in our club anymore:

"Town have issued a statement announcing that new investor Michael Anderson will not now be taking a place on the board of the club after a national newspaper report revealed that the 52-year-old had previously been involved at Aldershot and Kettering in the early 1990s."

"According to the Daily Mail, Anderson was in charge of both clubs when they suffered serious financial problems, Aldershot dropping out of the Football League in 1992 after failing to fulfil their fixtures and Kettering going into administration."

http://ipswichtown.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=911&p=2&stid=8400759

well you can understand why the two parties were interested! i do hope that the players they have brought in were not done so on the thoughts of new money being invested. now that would be a shame, especially with their financial situation being close to 10 point deduction and administration. makes the heart bleed.

Absolutely hilarious.

Last week sometime they appointed this bloke - Michael Anderson, supposedly a big wig in a Pharmaceutical Company named Flairford - to their board of directors after he invested £500k into the club for a 15% share. Anyway, he had background checks and all sorts done and was declared okay.

When it was announced, people soon began asking questions; specifically as none of them seem to be able to find this company despite extensive lists of pharmaceutical companies being avaliable for the public on the internet.

Today it was discovered that he was involved in Aldershot and Ketteridge. Although he claims innocence, and was the one to uncover the fraud, he still offered to suspend taking his position as director until a full investigation has been completed. His former business partner has just been indicted for 112 claims of fraud!

http://ipswichtown.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=911&p=2&stid=8400759

You have to seriously question the competence and intelligence of Sheepshanks and his board for not doing their homework properly before inviting this client to join them. Surely something as simple as a google search would have been fairly revealing as regards the history of an individual. Failing that, there must be plenty of ways for business people to garner detailed information on the suitability of any prospective board member. Apparently, Sheepshanks was amazed when he finally found out about Anderson''s murky past. Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear!

Quality - just read the full story.  Absolutely hilarious.  Looks like they just saw the £ signs and that was that.  Pity though, he could have taken them down as well!!!!

Brought a tear to my eye!, seriously though its impoved my day which had been a very bad friday 13th although i''m not superstitious.

This cracking stuff. I live in Ipsh*t and all the scummers thought this was the new messiah. Oh how wrong. Sheepshanks must be so desperate to get some financial help that he overlooked these small matters. What an embarassment. Oh well I suppose they''ve still got his loot and can go splash out on £100k Alan Lee''s who admit at the press conference they can''t score goals.

Buying a striker who can''t score goals... £400,000. splashing out on a new striker who says he can''t score goals...£100,000. signing premiership players without a wage drop clause should they be relagated £30,000 a week. Debt to Norich Union £13,000,000. Getting a new director with previous in taking clubs into administration.....PRICELESS!