Sign in to follow this  
oh huckerby

paul dickov?

Matt, the guy''s a legend at Blackburn. He was their best player when we played Blackburn at Ewood Park last season, plus he is a regular in the first team. 

Why do some of you say you would never want him at the club?

I''d love to have someone of his quality here - or are we prepared to just have Jarretts and Hughes instead of quality players? I know who i''d rather have. I don''t care if he''s arrogant either, it''s about time we lost our "soft touch", "too nice" image.

Obviously out of the question, but it might interest the Worthy Outers to know that Dickov was revealed in the Guardian''s Knowledge section today as being the ''manager''s curse''. Apparently something like 11 of his managers have lost their jobs during his career at their clubs.

[quote user="westoncanary."]Matt, the guy''s a legend at Blackburn. He was their best player when we played Blackburn at Ewood Park last season, plus he is a regular in the first team. [/quote]

I''ve just never liked his attitue and so i dont think hee would fit in at norwich. Anyway he would never come, if he goes it will be to another prem club and his wages are almost certainly 20 k plus.

As already said, dirty player, dont like his attitude, would never like him at this club.

However he has got the class, and can do it, but he is getting games at blackburn, so why come here?

Because he would cost too much cash, he is getting games at Blackburn. Nowhere near the same magnitude as Bowyer but still on the list of players that I would hate to see in a City shirt.  

He''s not a dirty player, just an annoying player to play against & a quality finisher.  Which is why he has spent his entire career at the top level. Ob1, why exactly is he, as you so eloquently put, scum?  Is this the level we have come to now?

[quote user="Robert in Manila"]Obviously out of the question, but it might interest the Worthy Outers to know that Dickov was revealed in the Guardian''s Knowledge section today as being the ''manager''s curse''. Apparently something like 11 of his managers have lost their jobs during his career at their clubs.[/quote]get him here quick.

Just don''t like him! Sorry - being human and having an opinion! He is a dirty player, he is too old and bottom line - I don''t like the shin kicking talentless ******* that are Blackburn and I especially don''t like their talisman. It''d like bringing Muscat in...

Paul, I don''t know why it started either, just speculation I guess.  I would also like to replt to Ob1''s post; Gamst Pederson, Bellamy, Bentley,Emerton & Reid, talentless no, they are physical though.  Trust me, if Dickov played for us, you would soon change your mind about him.

I''ve seen him play plenty, and I wouldn''t change my opinion! Trust me! I''m very bullish!

Anyway - it''s rather academic...!  

[quote user="westoncanary."]Paul, I don''t know why it started either, just speculation I guess.  I would also like to replt to Ob1''s post; Gamst Pederson, Bellamy, Bentley,Emerton & Reid, talentless no, they are physical though.  Trust me, if Dickov played for us, you would soon change your mind about him.[/quote]

I agree with ya weston, I don''t like him but neither do any fans apart from those at the team he plays for.  He is a quality player with short bloke syndrome

I dont know why this started but Matt jansen is the 1 that should be talked about as he is free that must be the way to go!!

I was going to write a one word answer - scum - ''til I saw ob1''s post.

I can''t stand this guy. I don''t care if he winds people up and it''s supposed to be a good thing. I think that football should be played hard and fair, not all about gamesmanship.

Crunching tackles? Yes please.

Bickering, bitching, stamping, studding, biting, pinching? No ta.

I think that''s Lee Bowyer you''re describing there Mook.  I don''t know why I''m defending him so much, but there is prejudice against him.  He has one red card in the last 5 seasons Mook/Ob1, he must be reincarnation of Chopper Harris then.  By the way, last season people were saying we weren''t nasty enough, did you see him play against us at Blackburn last year?  He pulled Fleming & Doherty all over the place (positionally, not physically) , he dropped deep to help the midfield when needed & NEVER gave up all game, chasing every lost cause & I think he scored 2 that day as well.