Sign in to follow this  
The Duke of Norfolk

Small squad not Worthy's fault...

Blame the board not Worthington.

Nigel is given his playing budget at the start of each season, and if that is peanuts (which in my opinion it probably was) then there is nothing he can do but try and make the most of it.

Do you really think Worthy would have signed Hughes, Jarrett, Louis Jean if he had been given some money to spend? Of  course he wouldn''t, but money was so tight he had to resort to selling Jonson to give him any money in the first place.

Worthy would love to be have a large squad so that he could rotate it and rest players when necessary. He would not deliberately choose to have such a small squad.

It is our "ambitious" board showing too much prudence and not enough ambition.

I think it is. I am not a ttal worthy outer but this is  my reason

Etuhu      450k

Hughes   650k

plus paying money out on crappy loans, Lisbie, partly robinson, and wright who we dont really need.

He''s wasted wages on nine million right backs and people like thorne, brennan and charlton whou should have been shipped out long ago.

The money we have wasted probably goes above 2 million, there were so many good loan players and people available on frees yet we waste money. Why didnt we move for loans for eagles or koumas, players like eastwood, commons, and lower league players wouldnt cost loads and have potential and would do as good a job as the ones we have. He let players like eddy and crow go when they would have meant we didnt need to spend money on jurgen colin, and crow would have done as well as ,mckenzie in my view and thorne isnt good enough.

Sorry Duke but that really is total b*ll*cks.

No manager in City''s history has had anything remotely like the level of resources that Worthington has had.

Throughout my 40+ years of watching City we have invariably been a selling club, and one manager after another has had to sell the young Kevin Reeves, Chris Sutton, Craig Bellamy and plenty of others because we couldnt afford to do anything else.

Only since this board took over have we become a buying club, but sadly its Worthington that''s been doing the buying. So despite the millions that he''s spent we''re back where we started five years ago with him, and as others have pointed out when you look at the last two summer''s signings its not hard to see why.

[quote user="Matt Hudson"]

Etuhu      450k

Hughes   650k

plus paying money out on crappy loans, Lisbie, partly robinson, and wright who we dont really need.

He''s wasted wages on nine million right backs and people like thorne, brennan and charlton whou should have been shipped out long ago.

The money we have wasted probably goes above 2 million, there were so many good loan players and people available on frees yet we waste money. Why didnt we move for loans for eagles or koumas, players like eastwood, commons, and lower league players wouldnt cost loads and have potential and would do as good a job as the ones we have. He let players like eddy and crow go when they would have meant we didnt need to spend money on jurgen colin, and crow would have done as well as ,mckenzie in my view and thorne isnt good enough.

[/quote]

Hughes - cost £350k so far, not £650k.

Thorne - a waste of money? He cost nothing! And anyway, you haven''t seen enough to judge.

Charlton - emphatically not a waste of money. Played excellently at centre half, well at left back, and more than adequately in midfield. He should be at centre half alongside Doc IMO.

Oh - and Koumas is an over-priced under-achiever, I''m sorry to tell you. Eventually, you''ll see what I mean.

But try and get the facts right, so we can take you seriously.

[quote user="Old Boy"][quote user="Matt Hudson"]

Etuhu      450k

Hughes   650k

[/quote]

Hughes - cost £350k so far, not £650k.

Thorne - a waste of money? He cost nothing! And anyway, you haven''t seen enough to judge.

Charlton - emphatically not a waste of money. Played excellently at centre half, well at left back, and more than adequately in midfield. He should be at centre half alongside Doc IMO.

Oh - and Koumas is an over-priced under-achiever, I''m sorry to tell you. Eventually, you''ll see what I mean.

But try and get the facts right, so we can take you seriously.

[/quote]

No manager in City''s history has had anything remotely like the level of resources that Worthington has had.

Koumas - promoted twice from this division and all round class player - just ask Dave Jones. He is going to sell Cameron Jerome to buy him up.

I would rather have Koumas in midfield than any player City have on their books and that includes Safri, the man is class . Any side that plays an aging defender as a central midfielder is asking to be as bad as we are.

i dont know exactly what hughes cost, but i know like others have said that he has had more to spend than anyone, and hasnt spent wisely. Thorne is probably on more wages than svenson would have been, and got a signing on fee, svenson would have cost peanuts to keep and god knows how much thornes agent got after seeing todays edp.

I am not koumas'' greatest fan, but he''s got class, skill and is proven. Wh would yo rather have mate Etuhu or koumas.

I''d rather have Etuhu. Koumas is a complete tool and would be out of here within 6 months. Good player, yes, but there''s more of them out there.

When Etuhu gets his game back and his confidence up, he will be some player. Just remember him last season.

And CAN WE JUST GET THIS STRAIGHT PLEASE -

SVENSSON WANTED TO LEAVE.

[quote user="Mook"]

I''d rather have Etuhu. Koumas is a complete tool and would be out of here within 6 months. Good player, yes, but there''s more of them out there.

When Etuhu gets his game back and his confidence up, he will be some player. Just remember him last season.

[/quote]Jonson didnt and then we''dve had someone capable of playing right wing, and up front, rather than having to sign thorne. Edworthy wouldve meant that we didnt need to buy Collin in, and Eddy didnt want to leave, worthless withdrew the contract offer after Eddy considered his options. and didnt Eddy disappear from the team after that, ok Helveg was a superior player, but would he have had a chance had it not been for worthless falling out with eddy and then shipping him off? and Thorne better than Leon - have a laugh! Thorne has done nothing to convince me he is good enough for this division let alone an "ambitious team" "chasing  promotion". Leon, young, quick and correct me if im wrong but has been injured all season and has still scored more goals/same amount of goals as Thorne?! i know Thorne hasnt been playing the whole time before i get flamed for saying that, but hes had a good deal more time than Mckenzie i think?! anyone got stats on that?I do agree Etuhu will come good, but on current form, would u rather have him or Koumas? i know koumas has an attitude problem, but that does not undermine his skill. Etuhu may not have an attitude problem, but he''s certainly no Koumas! i do like Dickson though.

[quote user="pete"]

BECAUSE WORTHY WOULD NOT GIVE HIM A 2 YEAR CONTRACT, WHICH HE GAVE QUICKLY TO THORNE.

Thorne v Svennson ?, I know who I would want, do you!

[/quote]

Worthys commen sense is at it again.

Svenson isnt allowed a 2 year deal because of his age

Sing thorne, same age have a 2 year deal mate.

Svenson or thorne, let me think. I ''ll go fior the one who scored that nearly crucial goal V charlton last season. Not, Thorne who''s had 1 good season in 10 years.

Small squad not Worthy''s fault? No, I put it down to the recession, the cost of belly pork, the weather, because a big boy did it and ran away, he kicked our only leather ball into ''Grumpy Bob Chase''s'' back garden, who then refused to give it back, (and then put a knife in it), floodlight failure, jellied eels, Cap''n Canary scared off any prospective right winger''s, not enough nightclubs & fit lasses in Norwich - for the overpaid underachieving lightweight glove wearing jessie''s, Norfolk accent''s, the A47, A11, Outer & Inner ring roads, Black Schuck, Acle straight, Marigolds, The Wombles, Mushy peas, Mork and Mindy, Miss Marple, Fireball XL5, Joe 90, Thunderbirds, Stingray, Brideshead Revisited, Department S.............etc, etc....... 

Yep! That is just a few examples, of why the squad is thinner than the hairs on my barnet! But please don''t blame Worthy, it''s got nothing to do with him! He was press-ganged and bullied/intimidated - into declaring the squad was big enough and more than capable for an assault on the Championship! Poor Chap..... ;~)  ''Ho Hum''.....and I''m a fruitcake! Wibble.......   

Not Worthy''s fault? Whose fault is it then - Dennis Compton''s? Sorry, I couldn''t resist adapting a line from the incomparable Fawlty Towers.

[quote user="Mook"]

[/quote]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA  yeah id rather have Etuhu too or as the preston fans clalled him Dickson Whereareyou.  Get a grip Mook.  Koumas has 2 promotions undre his belt and has scored more goals this season than dickson has got in his career!!!!

Svensson was offered a 1 year deal.  No surprise he wanted to go.  Also if worthy had wanted to keep him i am sure he could have convinced him to stay.