Sign in to follow this  
macdougalls perm

Oh Huckerby!

if only he would take on the full backs more often.  before we were promoted he would take on 2 or 3 defenders at a time.  now we are lucky if its one in a match!  and he never goes outside to cross in.. always cuts inside....  alot of improvement needed

Yes he is, but he took over a half to look like it. He produced a glorious flash of him at his best to run at/past defender and then score a fine goal, but it''d be nice if Hucks managed to produce a bit more often. He probably isn''t helped by being under the NW play here not where you work best approach, which Hendo often suffers from too. Like today, he finally pushed him upfront after half time and he was much more involved from then. Big pity the neat chest ball back to goal, turn and shot at the end didn''t go in though, as I fear Ian will now be pushed back down the line of slim chances to play where he''s best, and McVeigh will surely return - rightly - next week.

I agree mac. hucks has been discussed at length recently, with some questioning his form.  He''s again showed he''s the best creative player in the city side, and imo is playing near to his best again.  I''d rather have hucks in a city team any day than a hopeless hoofer - he''s quality, make no mistake.