Sign in to follow this  
alex_ncfc

Can someone tell me...

Just WTF are the ambitions of our club these days? The following quote from Worthington says it all really...

"I''m pleased with the way that after conceding the way we did in the first half we kept our nerve, kept our concentration and went on to earn an excellent point. Make no mistake about it, this is a difficult place tocome and play."

An excellent point. Right. If any other team who had promotion/playoff aspirations had gained the result we did today, can you imagine their manager describing it as an excellent point? Against a side who are abysmal? A side who will probably be relegated unless they''re very lucky? Against a side who have been basement battlers all season long? A side we should be beating with the team we had out there? An excellent point. If you say so Nigel.

Just go. Please.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

Just WTF are the ambitions of our club these days? The following quote from Worthington says it all really...

"I''m pleased with the way that after conceding the way we did in the first half we kept our nerve, kept our concentration and went on to earn an excellent point. Make no mistake about it, this is a difficult place tocome and play."

An excellent point. Right. If any other team who had promotion/playoff aspirations had gained the result we did today, can you imagine their manager describing it as an excellent point? Against a side who are abysmal? A side who will probably be relegated unless they''re very lucky? Against a side who have been basement battlers all season long? A side we should be beating with the team we had out there? An excellent point. If you say so Nigel.

Just go. Please.

[/quote]

With our 1 shot on target!!!

You are perfectly entitled to that view, but I always look on away points as points gained rather than dropped.  OK their last home game was 3-0 defeat to Leeds, but they had recently drawn at Watford and Wolves, and beaten Palace, so they aren''t also-rans by any stretch.  Given our injury circumstances I am pretty happy with a point - we have now won 3 and drawn 1 from our last four away games; that is not too bad in anyone''s book, surely?