Sign in to follow this  
Cantiaci Canary

Your tactical wishes

Tactically speaking, either with the group of (ever decreasing) fit players in the squad or with a (will it ever happen) entirely fit squad for selection if you could make ONE tactical alteration to the way that Worthy fields his teams what would it be? ... and I don''t mean substitute the boss in the dug out!

Yep !   play Huckerby alongside Ashton  ....   jaysus ,  he`s a better striker for a start !   [6]

where does one start...  assuming everyone is fit.....

GK:  Ward

RB:   Jarvis         CB:   Doherty      CB:   Shackell      LB:   Drury

DM:   Safri

RW:   Henderson                                                                     LW:   Huckerby

AM:   Hughes

CF:   Ashton               CF:   McVeigh

For subs i''d have Green, Fleming, Etuhu, McKenzie and Jarvis

I cant think of making only one change, it would never be enough.  Change the shape to an attacking diamond and give Green a rest.  Ward is an international and a worthy deputy.  Give McVeigh a new contract and play him up front.  Sell Jarrett to Plymouth as they love him so much.  Dont buy Robinson.

Possibly consider selling Ashton if we can get 7.5 for him.  That money could easily be reivested in at least 3 decent players...  Maybe Calum Davidson, McSheffery and a right sided midfielder who is not afraid to take a man on...  Maybe try Spillane out there?

play with an extra man in midfield meaning Deano on his own upfront , I think we get bossed around in that department far too often, we could play the chelsea way believe it or not and have...

Green

Drury                 Flemming      Doc        Colin

Safri

Etuhu       Jarret

Mcveigh                                                          Huckerby         

Ashton

without the ball and then push Hucks and Mcveigh up into a more potent 4-3-3 when in posession.                  

i dont know why but every time green gets the ball he hoofs it up the field and 8 times out of 10 he kicks it to hucks who has never headed a ball in his life!!!! every time we hoof it then becomes a 50-50 ball. why not keep hold of it and pass it around and work our way up the field like a football team should do. WHY DID WE GET RID OF EDWORTHY??!!!

[quote user="Tom ives"]

play with an extra man in midfield meaning Deano on his own upfront , I think we get bossed around in that department far too often, we could play the chelsea way believe it or not and have...

Green

Drury                 Flemming      Doc        Colin

Safri

Etuhu       Jarret

Mcveigh                                                          Huckerby         

Ashton

without the ball and then push Hucks and Mcveigh up into a more potent 4-3-3 when in posession.                  

[/quote]

so you are starting the same JJ whom has looked below average for us.

I would have to say McVeigh goes missing too much in games when playing

out wide and is much more of a threat down the middle.Surely if we had

£2 million for a bid for Morrison at the start of the season we still

have £1 mil left sell Green £2 mil hopefully buy in Koumas(750k ish)

Wright (200k ish) Davenport(750k ish) and a right midfielder for about

1.2 mil

Ward

Wright       

Shacknall        

Davenport         Drury

(????)        

Safri               

Koumas           

Hucks

Ashton            

McVeigh

subs: McKenzie,Jarvis,Doherty,Jarret,Lewis

Think that has a lot more of a ballanced look to it myself.

We should be playing attacking football with the players we have. Putting Hucks and McVeigh on either side of a 4-3-3 should be working. Does anyone know when McKenzie''s going to be back?

A bit radical I know but I have it in good authority that Leon has played a lot in this position during training and looked brilliant.

Green

Colin Doherty Shackell Drury

Safri

Etuhu Huckerby

McKenzie

McVeigh Ashton

Subs: Ward, Fleming, Rossi Jarvis, Spillane, Charlton

without going down the team selection route and hence not opening a can of worms i would say set pieces - we are dire at them.

steve hale - if you think those players are available for those fees you are miles away. Baggies want £1.5m for Koumas minimum, the Wright bid fell through due to Wigan valuation (hardly 200k) Davenport £1m+.

the £2m for Morrison was never that in the first place -£1.2m, so even by your calculations that exclude additinal wages spent on loan players we only have £200k.