Sign in to follow this  
YankeeCanary

The 7 Million Groin - I Don't Think So

Conspiracy theory! I personally don''t think Deano would pass a strict prospective buyer''s medical! Hence no sale will be forthcoming at this moment in time........Just my thoughts on the current situation........ ;~) Injury prone? yes he is! Top Fellah! Darren Eadie (bless him) was sold for a tidy sum, and sadly his career is now over.......Think Deano may be a similar risk - so maybe we need to sell if the opportunity arises!

My point was not clear Mello but I''m basically suggesting something similar to you in terms of Ashton''s health. What I really think is that, if I were a Premiership manager looking to recruit, the concern I would have would be whether repetitive stretches and strains would become more of a problem for Ashton with the increased pace of the Premiership. Who knows, but the 7 million pounds + number that''s been touted seems awfully high to me.

Ashton''s still v young remember and many young players are prone to injury in their early careers. Especially strikers. Just look at Owen!

funny how when he was at Crewe and last season here "wimp" ashton wasnt injury prone.. this season the slightest of contact and he wants to come off....

Half of deanos problem is that he needs to stop being such a cry baby and get on with it!

jas :)

So the dreaded groin virus has now hit  our star striker !  ..... hang on a minute , that doesn`t sound right   ,   he only missed two sitters today    !!   did we really pay 2 million   for him ?

[quote user="premier1"]I would like to see him go now , hes truly wasted playing in this League 1 side the clown Worthington has put together.[/quote]

For me Ashton has been poor this season, me thinks its time maybe to sell him to the highest bidder.

Sort of cash in on Ash if you like!.