Sign in to follow this  
apprentice

ROSSI JARVIS

I see that NW has not even put given Rossi a place on the bench this afternoon.  All week he has been telling the media how well he done last Saturday ( I for one thought he was totally out of his depth) if he really thinks that why is he not on the bench?  Is he playing mind games now he has won his signature.  I dont think he should be telling the media he thought he was crap, but he has been a little over the top in his praise in my opinion.

I feel my gut instint about Rossi signing a professional contract will come true and he will be given very limited  opportunity.  I think that now he has signed a pro contract the least Worthy can do is be honest with him and treat him like a professional.  He should have told him he struggled last week and that maybe he is not ready for the first team yet.

I know that he went to Plymouth fully confident of getting a place on the bench

Our subs were Thorne who is useless and missed 2 good chances after comin on, Brennan who we''ve had for 3 and a half years and has done nothing, shackall who hasnt played for 3/4 months and hughes who waswnt fully fit. Now why are brennan, shackell and hufges prefered to Rossi J, spillane and even cave brown. They are as good as our squad players and also the unreliable Jurgen colin and the inept simon charlton who has now assisted an opposition goal in his last 2 league appearances.

Sorry, can''t really agree - don''t think a tricky away game is really the time to play youngsters - you need all the experience on the pitch you can get, though maybe one could have made the bench. 

Meanwhile, I really can''t understand this hatred of Thorne - he is proven at this level, and is a good player; given a decent chance in the side I am sure he would show this, but he has not really been given that chance - least of all, seemingly, by some supporters.

[quote user="Matt Hudson"]Our subs were Thorne who is useless and missed 2 good chances after comin on, Brennan who we''ve had for 3 and a half years and has done nothing, shackall who hasnt played for 3/4 months and hughes who waswnt fully fit. Now why are brennan, shackell and hufges prefered to Rossi J, spillane and even cave brown. They are as good as our squad players and also the unreliable Jurgen colin and the inept simon charlton who has now assisted an opposition goal in his last 2 league appearances.[/quote]

Brennan!!! He was so bad it was untrue against preston

[quote user="Matt Hudson"]Our subs were Thorne who is useless and missed 2 good chances after comin on, Brennan who we''ve had for 3 and a half years and has done nothing, shackall who hasnt played for 3/4 months and hughes who waswnt fully fit. Now why are brennan, shackell and hufges prefered to Rossi J, spillane and even cave brown. They are as good as our squad players and also the unreliable Jurgen colin and the inept simon charlton who has now assisted an opposition goal in his last 2 league appearances.[/quote]

Brennan!!! He was so bad it was untrue against preston

Thornes record prior to joining us is top notch! he is a quality striker.. just like Jarrett was a quality midfielder at Wigan... something to do with the "worthy factor" perhaps?

jas :)

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

Sorry, can''t really agree - don''t think a tricky away game is really the time to play youngsters - you need all the experience on the pitch you can get, though maybe one could have made the bench. 

Meanwhile, I really can''t understand this hatred of Thorne - he is proven at this level, and is a good player; given a decent chance in the side I am sure he would show this, but he has not really been given that chance - least of all, seemingly, by some supporters.

[/quote]

Brennan on the bench?????

jarvis was outclassed against west ham, but he''s no right back.  worthy could have given him a run out against preston in his best midfield posi, but preferred to play clearly knackered players and as a result city fans had to endure a dross performance.unless,  the injury crisis gets worse, don''t expect to see much of rossi playing,

Worthington''s choice of subs always baffles me. He seems to give someone a place on the bench one week and then not for another irrespective of whether they''ve played well, badly or not at all!! It''s almost as if he puts all the remaining names after the starting 11 has been named in a hat and draws out four randomly to go with the goalie on the bench!!